Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Enable Navbar Tuner

decompile SystemUI, then open res/xml/tuner_prefs.xml,

before
Code:
<Preference android:title="@string/other" android:key="other" android:fragment="com.android.systemui.tuner.OtherPrefs" />

for navbar tuner add
Code:
<Preference android:title="@string/nav_bar" android:key="nav_bar"  android:fragment="com.android.systemui.tuner.NavBarTuner" />

for night mode/blue light filter add

Code:
<Preference android:title="@string/color_and_appearance" android:key="color_transform" android:fragment="com.android.systemui.tuner.ColorAndAppearanceFragment" />

and recompile then push the apk :p

Screens:
image.png

image.png

feel free to post any questions :D

Last edited:

AL_IRAQI

May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Show brightness slider

Enable brightness slider toggle

open res/xml/tuner_prefs.xml,

after
Code:
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:sysui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">

add brightness slider toggle

Code:
 <com.android.systemui.tuner.TunerSwitch android:title="@string/show_brightness" android:key="qs_show_brightness" sysui:defValue="true" />

Screens:
Captucccccccccccccccre.png

Original commit here

Last edited:

r4w0ne

Sep 18, 2012
Houston
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Enable Navbar Tuner

before
Code:
<Preference android:title="@string/other" android:key="other" android:fragment="com.android.systemui.tuner.OtherPrefs" />

for navbar tuner add
Code:
<Preference android:title="@string/nav_bar" android:key="nav_bar"  android:fragment="com.android.systemui.tuner.NavBarTuner" />

Code:
<Preference android:title="@string/color_and_appearance" android:key="color_transform" android:fragment="com.android.systemui.tuner.ColorAndAppearanceFragment" />

Screens:
image.png

image.png

Once I pushed the apk back and rebooted my SystemUI process never even started. I used apktool 2.2.0 and ZipSigner to sign the apk and followed instructions exactly. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the mod as this is a feature that is awesome to be baked into Nougat. :)

AL_IRAQI

May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Once I pushed the apk back and rebooted my SystemUI process never even started. I used apktool 2.2.0 and ZipSigner to sign the apk and followed instructions exactly. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the mod as this is a feature that is awesome to be baked into Nougat. :)

you should use the original signature, for which device youre trying to make one ?

Hi, res/values/integers.xml

Code:
    <!-- The number of columns in the QuickSettings -->
    <integer name="quick_settings_num_columns">3</integer>

Awesome! Thanks so much! I managed to compile SystemUI.apk with all the add-ons for system UI tuner and 4 column quick settings using your guide for the latest factory image (NRD90U). Working perfectly.

Don't want to step on your toes but I'm happy to share it here (with your permission) if anyone else might want it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160909-234236.png
    Screenshot_20160909-234236.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 4,383
  • Screenshot_20160909-234257.png
    Screenshot_20160909-234257.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 4,368
Reactions: erraggy

AL_IRAQI

May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Awesome! Thanks so much! I managed to compile SystemUI.apk with all the add-ons for system UI tuner and 4 column quick settings using your guide for the latest factory image (NRD90U). Working perfectly.

Don't want to step on your toes but I'm happy to share it here (with your permission) if anyone else might want it.

Awesome, its okay you can share it :highfive:

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL

could you please share it... the original dev. doesnt have any issues... :)

P.S. whats the theme that you are running?

ezio84

Oct 18, 2009
Giovinazzo (Bari)

Awesome, its okay you can share it :highfive:
Guys, what do you use to decompile and ricompile? With apktool 2.1.1 and 2.2.0 i have some resources errors when recompiling SystemUI (using the latest framework res from NRD90U).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enable Navbar Tuner

before
    Code:

for navbar tuner add
    Code:

Code:

Screens:
    image.png

image.png

Show brightness slider

Enable brightness slider toggle

open res/xml/tuner_prefs.xml,

after
    Code:
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:sysui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">

add brightness slider toggle

Code:
     <com.android.systemui.tuner.TunerSwitch android:title="@string/show_brightness" android:key="qs_show_brightness" sysui:defValue="true" />

Screens:
    Captucccccccccccccccre.png

Original commit here

I followed the guide and modified the SystemUI from the latest build NBD90X, it includes 4 column Quick Settings tiles, Navigation Bar Tuner and Night mode tweaks.
    OK. Here is the latest SystemUI.apk with 4 column QS and system UI tuner add ons. It's a flash able zip made from the stock NRD90U file from the latest factory image. Make backup first, etc etc. All credits to @AL_IRAQI for this.
    @AL_IRAQI Would you be kind enough to add a guide on how to modify the number of quick settings tiles? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Hi, res/values/integers.xml

Code:
        <!-- The number of columns in the QuickSettings -->
        <integer name="quick_settings_num_columns">3</integer>