[RECOVERY] [3/30/11] Updated ClockworkMod for ALL ROMs

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
So the current iterations of cwm seem to have trouble working reliably with the newer froyo ROMs, and koush's recovery (although seeming to work correctly) is quite broken. So......

please find below a new recovery package that should work for any ROM for the fascinate, mesmerize, or showcase.

This is a "red" cwm recovery, and it will work with both voodoo and non-voodoo installations.

cwm-recovery-ALL.zip can be flashed via any cwm recovery.

if you are using odin, then use the cwm-recovery-ALL odin (.tar) package.

updated 3/29 - thanks to GizmoDroid for help with fixing fix_permissions script and root permissions typo that screwed up nandroid restores

updated 3/30 - fixed 'umount' typo - actually *fixed* fix_permissions this time - fixed odin/heimdall recovery attachment

Attachments

• cwm-recovery-ALL.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 38,271
  • cwm-recovery-ALL.tar
    6.6 MB · Views: 43,608
Last edited:

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
thanks, will give this a try!

ok, so I flashed this in the old cwm and it does come up red, but also says CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery, is that right?

Last edited:

renf

Dec 27, 2010
In what ways is the old cm broken with froyo? I haven't noticed any problems.

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
Well I've had weird things happen when flashing stuff (I was using the "new-cwm.zip") , seemed like data being written where it shouldn't be? Just flashing theme files or own stuff I want to add, and I've had the following stuff happen:
Nuked my radio, had an unknown baseband and calls would never work, fortunately Radio Odin fixed it.
Had some /data apps disappear. Had some /data/data disappear. On reboot had Setup Wizard pop-up, even though I still had my Google account registered.

Hoping this new clockwork is completely safe. I suspected that clockwork was responsible for my weird happenings, so data-wiped and haven't flashed anything, so far fine functioning.

hbc.ciccone

Dec 10, 2010
Using this is it easy to flash back to a prior set up, for me it would be back to dj05 w superdark and voodoo5?
Ive been holding off on froyo bc I need wireless tether, preferably unreported tether. But I really want to play around and see what the fuss is about. Ive downloaded every dl30 rom, havent installed one fearing I cant go back easily
Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
/data on the fascinate is on /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

koush's recovery mounts /data as mmcblk0p2 (THIS IS OUR /DATA/FOTA. THAT'S BAAADDD)

under most circumstances this does not matter , because recovery.rc mounts data CORRECTLY before cwm gets to it, but there are circumstances where /data can be unmounted and then remounted, in which case cwm is gonna mount mmcblk0p2. If things get written there, at best you've got a **** load of FC's to deal with. At worst, a dead radio.

I've pointed this out to koush before, but was met with a "half-response", and to date it not been addressed (except for the recoveries that I've posted)

vlucchetti

Dec 3, 2009
Latrobe, PA
Thanks, jt.

Copied to sdcard, booted into recovery, ran the program, keep coming back to green, no red.

ETA: Interesting. If I go to recovery from ROM mgr and try to load from sdcard, it does nothing, but if (while in ROM Mgr) I load from SDcard, it works. Got the blue screen, ran update, red appeared.

I likewise get the error message mentioned previously, but got it at install. Backup seemed to ahve run fine.

Last edited:

beenz

Jul 31, 2010
thanks, will give this a try!

ok, so I flashed this in the old cwm and it does come up red, but also says CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery, is that right?

Yes, that is correct. It says in the OP. But it may have been edited since the time you posted and my response, so I'll let it slide :)

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

thank you JT!!!!! I thought it was just me, Ive had to start over again with my data about 6 times now becuase of Clockwork either not restoring my backups or my phone freaking out once I restored the backup. Thanks again!!!

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
Yes, that is correct. It says in the OP. But it may have been edited since the time you posted and my response, so I'll let it slide :)

haha thanks... but he said it will be red and that it is not for voodoo, so that's what I wanted to double check since it does have the voodoo menus and all.

GizmoDroid

May 14, 2010
Thanks very much for addressing this issue.

For a while, I felt like a fresh n00blet, wondering what I was doing wrong. I tried flashing versions of supposedly compatible cwm's in different ways, always coming to the mounting errors.

Other than the errors from the missing graphics, this one works error free.

stayin100

Jan 13, 2011
Scared to mess with this since i haven't experienced any problems with my current cwm stuff from pre dl09... Might just go ahead and do this tomorrow. For some reason I feel more comfortable using the odin method, so I can do all this over my Super Clean 1.0 with Neon GT theme and not have to do any data wiping or anything first?

Last edited:

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
So this makes no sense and I think its a weird coincident but as soon as I flashed this my beta version of swype started the force close loop..

EDIT: so weird, I had to uninstall the installer and swype itself using titanium backup and then download the installer and install again (had to do it all twice). Seems to be working again now tho..

Superclean 0.7.. aka Froyo.. Thanks devs!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the current iterations of cwm seem to have trouble working reliably with the newer froyo ROMs, and koush's recovery (although seeming to work correctly) is quite broken. So......

please find below a new recovery package that should work for any ROM for the fascinate, mesmerize, or showcase.

This is a "red" cwm recovery, and it will work with both voodoo and non-voodoo installations.

cwm-recovery-ALL.zip can be flashed via any cwm recovery.

if you are using odin, then use the cwm-recovery-ALL odin (.tar) package.

updated 3/29 - thanks to GizmoDroid for help with fixing fix_permissions script and root permissions typo that screwed up nandroid restores

updated 3/30 - fixed 'umount' typo - actually *fixed* fix_permissions this time - fixed odin/heimdall recovery attachment
    /data on the fascinate is on /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

koush's recovery mounts /data as mmcblk0p2 (THIS IS OUR /DATA/FOTA. THAT'S BAAADDD)

under most circumstances this does not matter , because recovery.rc mounts data CORRECTLY before cwm gets to it, but there are circumstances where /data can be unmounted and then remounted, in which case cwm is gonna mount mmcblk0p2. If things get written there, at best you've got a **** load of FC's to deal with. At worst, a dead radio.

I've pointed this out to koush before, but was met with a "half-response", and to date it not been addressed (except for the recoveries that I've posted)
    Should I have Voodoo options? Because I do... this "looks" just like the Voodoo CWM I had on the DL09 roms.

BTW- I am getting these same error codes

def

It does have the voodoo options because I'm lazy and compiled that version. The bitmap errors are harmless. Both issues will be resolved at some point.

Yeah, I'd like to 2nd this question. I have DL30 and CW worked for me in setting that up. Granted, I haven't tried anything else after that, but I'd like to know too.

Lets see:

Broken mass storage function.
    Broken data mounting function.
    Couldn't wipe properly because of the above.
    Once this recovery is installed, should the recovery boot option take me directly into this RED RECOVERY?

Download the first file from OP and rename it recovery-update.zip put it in the clockworkmod folder on sd card, replacing the old recovery-update.zip.
    Download the following file and place it at the root of your sd card, make sure its named update.zip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17566514/update.zip use it to get into cwm.

Then boot to recovery, (apply update if you get blue writing, choose apply sdcard:update.zip). Once in green cwm choose to "install zip from sd card,"
    navigate to your clockworkmod folder then choose the recovery-update.zip file.
    Lastly go back to the main options and choose "apply sdcard:update.zip." you should be good to go now!

CWM should be red for now on, and should say voodoo lagfix.

Enjoy! I hope that clears things up!