[MOD][STOCK][GB ONLY]14 toggle QP, CRT, & TouchWiz w/landscape! updated 3/22/12[CWM]

Search This thread

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
[MOD][STOCK][GB ONLY]14 toggle QP, CRT, & TouchWiz w/landscape! updated 3/22/12[CWM]

I'm intending these mods for those of us that like that stock feel to their phones, but want a little something extra.

GINGERBREAD ONLY.

These mods were all done and tested using an
AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-i717 with the stock rom intact,
still odexed except for when mentioned below.

Modded TouchWiz
I've modded the Galaxy Note's TouchWiz to have 6 columns and 7 rows. I've also removed the icon text on the main pages and the launcher.
The app drawer has 6 columns and 6 rows.
TouchWiz30Launcher.apk has been deodexed so the flashable zip will delete TouchWiz30Launcher.odex and replace with a back up.

DAGr8 helped out with getting landscape mode working, so this has been updated with landscape mode now.

To add a sixth app to the dock, go into the app drawer, hit menu, select edit, and drag whatever app you want to add to the dock.

Wipe your dalvik-cache before flashing.

Remember, the revert file is for STOCK ODEXED AT&T. If you're already deodexed, this will not revert your TW launcher, just cause you problems.

If you want to go back to stock, use the revert zip, but remember to first move your icons into a 5x5 area starting in the top left of your screen, otherwise you'll lose them when you go back to the stock TouchWiz. Remove one of the apps from the dock, too, or you'll lose your app draw icon off the screen.

Screenshots below.
CWM flashable zips attached to second post.

14 toggle quickpanel
This is lidroid's 14 toggle quickpanel mod brought to the Galaxy Note using the stock systemui.apk.

This will work on the AT&T SGH-i717 stock, odexed ROM. This is what I have, so this is what it's been tested for. I cannot promise that it will work on any other SGH-i717 variant. If someone tests it out and it works for the other versions, let me know and I'll add it to the post title.

CWM flashable zip for flashing the mod will copy three files to system/app and one file to system/framework.

System/app gets the modded, deodexed SystemUI.apk, a renamed systemui.odex.bak for safekeeping, and the QuickPanelsSettings.apk to customize the toggles. The systemui.odex is removed in favor of the back up.
System/framework gets the lidroid-res.apk.

I've also included a CWM flashable revert to stock. This will delete QuickPanelSettings.apk, lidroid-res.apk, copy the stock systemui.apk, and restore the systemui.odex.

3/10/12: As requested, ICS blue quickpanel added to the second post. Screenshot below.

Known Issue:
lidroid's QuickPanelSettings app isn't scaled for the GNote's awesome screen, so it doesn't fill it. It's completely functional. I'll try fixing this in the future.

Credits:
lidroid for the original mod tutorial
sileshnair for helping me out with the GNote mod

CRT Animation for screen off
AT&T only! Get Telus/Bell here
I've modded the stock framework-res.apk to bring the CRT animation for screen off to the stock ROM.

If you flash the CRT Animation zip, you will lose any UOT kitchen theme or other framework theme you may have already flashed. It is not my fault if you didn't read this before you flash it. There is a revert zip also, but this will take it back to stock, not to any previous themeing you may have done.

Added Blownco's blue battery mod customized with the CRT animation to the second post. All credit goes to Blownco for the blue battery mod.

***Disclaimer: as with any mod, you're flashing at your own risk. I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your phone.***
Make a back up before flashing.

Attachments

• toggle1.jpg
    toggle1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,096
  • toggle2.jpg
    toggle2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,953
  • quick1.JPG
    quick1.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,653
  • quick2.JPG
    quick2.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 2,639
  • quick3.JPG
    quick3.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,413
  • capture_02.jpg
    capture_02.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,289
  • SC20120314-134953.jpg
    SC20120314-134953.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,083
  • SC20120314-135037.jpg
    SC20120314-135037.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2,104
  • capture_01.jpg
    capture_01.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,317
Last edited:

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
GINGERBREAD ONLY.

14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote.zip - flash this for the mod
14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote_ICS.zip - flash this to get your ICS fix
14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote_revert.zip - flash this to revert back to stock

--

***AT&T only*** Get avwuff's Telus/Bell mod here!
CRT animation for GNote.zip - flash for the CRT animation at screen off
CRT animation for GNote_revert.zip - flash to return to stock
N0te-blue-batt_with_crt.zip - this is Blownco's blue battery mod with the CRT animation added

Note: Based on some reports of issues when flashing the ICS blue and CRT animations back to back without rebooting, I would recommend rebooting between mod flashes. To fix, revert to stock and then reflash with reboots in between each mod.

--

Touchwiz_Mod_for_GNote_6x7_landscape.zip - flash this for TouchWiz with 6 columns, 7 rows, no icon text on homescreens. Have a second launcher installed. Thanks to DAGr8 for his help with this.
Touchwiz_Mod_for_GNote_revert.zip - flash this to revert to stock, odexed TouchWiz. Revert for stock, odexed AT&T only!

Flash this mod at your own risk. I would recommend having a second launcher installed so your phone can finish booting if this doesn't work on your phone. And make sure you download the revert file.

Wipe your dalvik-cache before flashing this mod!

--

It's recommended that you download both the mod and revert zips so that you have them available to flash in CWM if you need them.

Always do a back up first!

GINGERBREAD ONLY.

Attachments

• 14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 557
  • 14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote_revert.zip
    337.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote_ICS.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 409
  • N0te-blue-batt_with_crt.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 215
  • Touchwiz_Mod_for_GNote_revert.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
  • Touchwiz_Mod_for_GNote_6x7_landscape.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Pandemoniumone

Apr 5, 2008
Sacramento
Looks great! This should allow me to clean up my screen even more, thanks for sharing!

Any chance for an ICS blue instead of the green?

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
Maybe this is a stupid question but will this work for the rom that came on the phone. I noticed you said odexed and I'm not sure if the stock rom out of the box is odexed or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
Looks great! This should allow me to clean up my screen even more, thanks for sharing!

I'm not much of a themer, but if someone wants to pick it up and try, I would have no problem adding it to the OP. It might be difficult because lidroid compiled his lidroid-res.apk in an unconventional manner, which is making it difficult for other people to successfully decompile and recompile.

Maybe this is a stupid question but will this work for the rom that came on the phone. I noticed you said odexed and I'm not sure if the stock rom out of the box is odexed or not.

The stock ROM out of the box is odexed.
The stock systemui.apk has deodexed for the mod, with the systemui.odex renamed to systemui.odex.bak for safe keeping.

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
Woohoo...just flashed update to cwm beta 4 without a hitch...then nandroid backup and flashed this mod...working beautifully. Thank you so much. Some ics theming would be epic too!!!

Thanks again!

ruhlman99

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Great!

This worked perfect with no problems. I am on TPC v2 with dag .2 and the ICONs for TPC. The only thing was the that icons reverted back to original and I had to reflash the ICON pack.

Overall great mod! Much appreciated!

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
you are a boss! I flashed and it worked great but it replaced my blue battery % mod and as much as i like the crt I need that battery mod. So in a perfect world I will have both lol.

Thanks again!

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010

Woohoo...just flashed update to cwm beta 4 without a hitch...then nandroid backup and flashed this mod...working beautifully. Thank you so much. Some ics theming would be epic too!!!

Thanks again!

Updated the second post with an ICS blue version.

Pandemoniumone

Apr 5, 2008
Sacramento

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm intending these mods for those of us that like that stock feel to their phones, but want a little something extra.

GINGERBREAD ONLY.

These mods were all done and tested using an
    AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-i717 with the stock rom intact,
    still odexed except for when mentioned below.

Modded TouchWiz
    I've modded the Galaxy Note's TouchWiz to have 6 columns and 7 rows. I've also removed the icon text on the main pages and the launcher.
    The app drawer has 6 columns and 6 rows.
    TouchWiz30Launcher.apk has been deodexed so the flashable zip will delete TouchWiz30Launcher.odex and replace with a back up.

DAGr8 helped out with getting landscape mode working, so this has been updated with landscape mode now.

To add a sixth app to the dock, go into the app drawer, hit menu, select edit, and drag whatever app you want to add to the dock.

Wipe your dalvik-cache before flashing.

Remember, the revert file is for STOCK ODEXED AT&T. If you're already deodexed, this will not revert your TW launcher, just cause you problems.

If you want to go back to stock, use the revert zip, but remember to first move your icons into a 5x5 area starting in the top left of your screen, otherwise you'll lose them when you go back to the stock TouchWiz. Remove one of the apps from the dock, too, or you'll lose your app draw icon off the screen.

Screenshots below.

14 toggle quickpanel
    This is lidroid's 14 toggle quickpanel mod brought to the Galaxy Note using the stock systemui.apk.

This will work on the AT&T SGH-i717 stock, odexed ROM. This is what I have, so this is what it's been tested for. I cannot promise that it will work on any other SGH-i717 variant. If someone tests it out and it works for the other versions, let me know and I'll add it to the post title.

CWM flashable zip for flashing the mod will copy three files to system/app and one file to system/framework.

System/app gets the modded, deodexed SystemUI.apk, a renamed systemui.odex.bak for safekeeping, and the QuickPanelsSettings.apk to customize the toggles. The systemui.odex is removed in favor of the back up.
    System/framework gets the lidroid-res.apk.

I've also included a CWM flashable revert to stock. This will delete QuickPanelSettings.apk, lidroid-res.apk, copy the stock systemui.apk, and restore the systemui.odex.

3/10/12: As requested, ICS blue quickpanel added to the second post. Screenshot below.

Known Issue:
    lidroid's QuickPanelSettings app isn't scaled for the GNote's awesome screen, so it doesn't fill it. It's completely functional. I'll try fixing this in the future.

Credits:
    lidroid for the original mod tutorial
    sileshnair for helping me out with the GNote mod

CRT Animation for screen off
    AT&T only! Get Telus/Bell here
    I've modded the stock framework-res.apk to bring the CRT animation for screen off to the stock ROM.

If you flash the CRT Animation zip, you will lose any UOT kitchen theme or other framework theme you may have already flashed. It is not my fault if you didn't read this before you flash it. There is a revert zip also, but this will take it back to stock, not to any previous themeing you may have done.

Added Blownco's blue battery mod customized with the CRT animation to the second post. All credit goes to Blownco for the blue battery mod.

***Disclaimer: as with any mod, you're flashing at your own risk. I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your phone.***
    Make a back up before flashing.
    GINGERBREAD ONLY.

14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote.zip - flash this for the mod
    14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote_ICS.zip - flash this to get your ICS fix
    14Toggle_Mod_for_GNote_revert.zip - flash this to revert back to stock

--

***AT&T only*** Get avwuff's Telus/Bell mod here!
    CRT animation for GNote.zip - flash for the CRT animation at screen off
    CRT animation for GNote_revert.zip - flash to return to stock
    N0te-blue-batt_with_crt.zip - this is Blownco's blue battery mod with the CRT animation added

Note: Based on some reports of issues when flashing the ICS blue and CRT animations back to back without rebooting, I would recommend rebooting between mod flashes. To fix, revert to stock and then reflash with reboots in between each mod.

--

Touchwiz_Mod_for_GNote_6x7_landscape.zip - flash this for TouchWiz with 6 columns, 7 rows, no icon text on homescreens. Have a second launcher installed. Thanks to DAGr8 for his help with this.
    Touchwiz_Mod_for_GNote_revert.zip - flash this to revert to stock, odexed TouchWiz. Revert for stock, odexed AT&T only!

Flash this mod at your own risk. I would recommend having a second launcher installed so your phone can finish booting if this doesn't work on your phone. And make sure you download the revert file.

Wipe your dalvik-cache before flashing this mod!

--

It's recommended that you download both the mod and revert zips so that you have them available to flash in CWM if you need them.

Always do a back up first!

GINGERBREAD ONLY.
    very nice toggle app..everything works nice...just one question why are the widget option display box so small like the wrong dimensions to fit the screen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Check out the OP, there you'll find the explanation for this.

Thanks again!

Updated the second post with an ICS blue version.
    you are a boss! I flashed and it worked great but it replaced my blue battery % mod and as much as i like the crt I need that battery mod. So in a perfect world I will have both lol.

Thanks again!

Send me the flashable zip for your battery mod and I'll see if I can put it in for you.