[ROM]Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial Alpha[4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Please read my observation :)

Is that the only differences between this and Toast's build?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA

Okay let me state my purpose for this observation and a correction in my data:

1. Last time I tried this Rom, I could only view youtube videos (smoothly) in HD (and on sprint speeds w/ 2 bars, that's a no-go man)

2. Games any bigger or more processor heavy than Angry Birds were out of the question. My dead space I bought wouldn't get past the boot screen.

3. This showed a "bug" if you will, in the GPU, or HWACC or something, idk so I cant make a judgement (someone please quote that and make the correct observation)

NOW: I dont know if the Android God's have shown this poor Android obsessed gamer some favor or what, but everything runs smooth on JoelZ's CM9 (The fact that Toastcfh's latest build from the IRC didn't have wifi tether was a deal breaker for me, JoelZ's does!). Now for some reason my 9MM HD won't download the little cache it has left because it "doesn't find a 3g connection" even though I clearly have it, but I used Galaxy on Fire 2 as an example. This can be used as an adequate example because of its heavy lighting effects and abundant active textures and frames moving all at the same time and thus will require a stable GPU and HW at the very least, here is a Youtube video of GOF2 so you all can understand what I'm talking about!

GOF2 YouTube Video

With all of that said, JoelZ's has everything except camera at this point, which "works" in a green screen sense :p , I JUST found this out. Therefore, not favoring one dev or the other because toastcfh's ICS was the most stable when I was first testing ICS alpha releases, but JoelZ CM9 is the most stable, and take this not as a gamer ranting about how many lights move in the background of his game, but rather a milestone showing the true ability of the Developers on the Evo 3D. Thanks every developer who takes time out of their lives (many of which include jobs and newborn children) to give us Sense, AOSP, downgradable bootloaders, and tweaks galore. Im done now :)

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
toastcfh's latest cm9 release runs 9mm HD just fine, plus it plays all videos with no issues.!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Hate to point out the obvious but..... Wrong thread

Too bad I had no GPS love with Toast's build unless it's VERY new...

Wrong thread

Is that the only differences between this and Toast's build?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA

Wrong thread

Does Toast's build run Netflix video?

Sorry, yep, wrong thread.

Come on guys..... We had some graciously take over where joel handed off and discussing other Devs roms in his thread is rude, if not rude just frowned upon.

Sent from my Evo3D with XDA Premium App (but I still know how to search)

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Sir please with all due respect note that I was simply cross examining, if u look at my post prior to this you will see that I was merely pointing out the GPU/HWACC capabilities of both, not spanning off into meaningless babble about toast's

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using xda premium

Cwebb03

Feb 18, 2011
Narnia
Joelz/whoever is working on this now (can't remember if it was this or the AOKP that he handed off to aaronpoweruser), will you be able to port the somewhat working green camera/FFC that is working on Joelz's BAMF ROM, or does that need Sense 3.6/4 or run off a different kernel. And if the FFC/green back camera are working, I don't know because I haven't updated the ROM since 2/21

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Joelz/whoever is working on this now (can't remember if it was this or the AOKP that he handed off to aaronpoweruser), will you be able to port the somewhat working green camera/FFC that is working on Joelz's BAMF ROM, or does that need Sense 3.6/4 or run off a different kernel. And if the FFC/green back camera are working, I don't know because I haven't updated the ROM since 2/21

My camera is green on this one but it works.!

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
I downloaded this one.!

#edit: for some reason it no longer connects :(

kezeka

Feb 1, 2009
Links

Is there any way someone could post links to the most recent JoelZ or aaron rom? This thread has links spread thoughout to the ROMS but a consolidated post would be INCREDIBLY useful at this point.

Cwebb03

Feb 18, 2011
Narnia
He said he wasn't going to post his new ROMs on here, only at the team BAMF website or Twitter

And yes, PS3 version of MW3 is where its at :p

Sent for my ICS 3D

Reactions: kenpen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the HTC Evo 3D?, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Headset Work around:
    http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/downloads/detail?name=ToggleHeadset.apk

Other

Credits:
    Tripnraver
    Chad.goodman
    Preludrew
    Cayniarb
    Jayharper
    Cyanogenmod Team​

Bugs:
    Camera[Video/3d/etc]
    4G Wimax
    SDCard Mount To PC
    In call mute​

The CyanogenMod team would like you to know this is a Kang and to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    reserved for me

oh yes...phone gasm
    This is whack.. nothing seems to be working right... why would I take a perfectly functioning phone and switch to rom full of problems? I think i'll wait for official release from HTC there are too many bugs in this release. Thanks for nothing. Cyanogenmod always has crashes and bugs I think i'll use my bandwith somewhere else.

You need to find somewhere else to troll. I will not put up with this kind of bs at all.

---Jay---
    I just built cm9 from source :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App