[LIST] Best (and worst) apps for the TF700

Search This thread

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
I don't know if this is the right thread, but but has anybody have issues with the Facebook app? Mine never seems to load for a few days now, and I already tried reinstalling it at still didn't work...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

did you try clearing the cache?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 running Android JB (rooted) via Tapatalk HD

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
Rocket Player, Poweramp, and Pro Music Player. Which one is the best and why? All 3 ad recent updates.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

lovey08

Dec 29, 2012
Queens
did you try clearing the cache?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 running Android JB (rooted) via Tapatalk HD

I tried clearing both cache and data before I un installed it ill try just clearing cache now thanks, I still haven't loaded my Facebook in my tablet since then...

*Edit

Clearing cache didn't help... Still says connection error...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
Tested all 3. Rocket Player is by far the best. The gain amp alone is worth the price of admission. So much louder! Us a 10 band EQ. The album art rocks too. Lastly, the UI is fresh and modern. Sexy! I love it!

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
Is there an app to use my tablet for phone calls syncing to my phone via bluetooth or wifi? I'd like to just answer calls via tablet when my phone rings.

Slammin

Dec 16, 2007
Is there an app to use my tablet for phone calls syncing to my phone via bluetooth or wifi? I'd like to just answer calls via tablet when my phone rings.

Tablet Talk should be able to. I only use it for texting, but it has phone features via BT or wifi as well.

Reactions: johnlgalt

Khazaad

Jun 24, 2012
just seems to be a list of "stuff" OP decided to pack their device with. Not very comprehensive and minimal detail regarding tf700 specifics.

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
Tablet talk will do it. It's in the settings to enable the tablet to answer calls. Otherwise it just has a pop up saying so and so is calling.

JohnnyB1970

Jun 22, 2012
Princeton
Dolphin

Regarding Dolphin Browser: are you guys using the good old Dolphin HD or the new beta version for tablets? I used the HD on my old Galaxy S along with extensions for LastPass and Xmarks, kept all passwords and bookmarks in sync.

Chrome has so far failed to impress me. It's laggy, scrolling before a page is completely loaded is almost impossible and it tends to be a bit wonky on zooming some pages.

I'm on Dolphin Beta and think this is the best browser for the tablet. I use Chrome at home, but simply could not tolerate it on the tablet!!

Xda TF700

Feb 11, 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Also, try avoiding NTFS on your external storage
in general if you intend to connect it to the Infinity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hi d14b0ll0s , why avoid ntfs ? tnks :good:

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
So, has anyone tried Fullscreen already?

Sorry I skipped the question about NTFS. It gave random reboots to many people earlier when copying larger chunks of data which can lead to corrupted files. If it doesn't give you these kinds of problems, that's good, keep on using it and don't worry.

SurferLTU

Jul 13, 2012
I like real racing 3 ...but it seems that it's not optimized for tf700 yet. it's a bit laggy while playing and I get some textures problems in starting movies and menu screen. Can anyone confirm that?

last updated, "March 18" you probably have an app in the gapps disabled or something.

That's the thing, I turned everything back to enabled and it kept crashing. And I'm not alone. It starts and loads fine, but when i hit reply, 'Has stopped working.'. Google Play has been giving me the same error recently. I just uninstalled the updates to Gmail and now it works fine again. Updated again, back to crashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best (and worst) apps for the TF700 Infinity

Because of the max. length of a single post I had to remove some links, so use search in the Playstore whenever a name without a link is given.

Hit [THANKS] if it helps.

I'm leaving the old list below, but I URGE YOU to consider using Free Software, without gapps and Playstore closed-source apps. Please have a look at http://freeyourandroid.org/ and https://f-droid.org/

Let's share our finds here. My rather messy list was edited by Chief Geek who, apart from having a cool nickname, made it look MUCH better, so remember to hit THANKS here (and, if you feel like it, below).

Utilities
    • I/O scheduler: sio for .21 & .22 firmware (Requires Root), cfq (default) for .26 firmware <-- managed through ATP Tweak, see my other thread on rooting and tweaks for the Infinity
    • CPU governor (stock kernel so far): interactive (default)
    ^^ both managed by ATP Tweak (version for the Prime) and No-Frills CPU Control or other similar app bundled; many prefer paid SetCPU for advanced settings and schedules

ROM Toolbox (for rooted users) ROM Manager, App Manager, Root File Browser and more.
    CatLog Logcat Reader.
    SManager Make, edit or simply manage your .sh scripts (you can set it to run as root and/or at the boot time).

Terminal Emulator
    Terminal IDE

Volume+ Make your device sound LOUDER (you can register here to get the full version for free, but if it helps, support the developer). With a simple fix you can get it to work with PowerAmp too. And remember to change the audio device in the system audio settings to Volume+!
    Equalizer Advanced equalizer app and widget (you need to buy a key to save presets).
    Around Sound Make the sounds of a certain loudness in your surrounding pause your music or movie when needed.

FxCamera A more advanced version of camera software than the stock one.

WiFi Analyzer
    GPS Test

SwitchMe (Requires Root) Adds multi-user capabilities to your device (although switching users = reboot, so remember to use fast switching in order to speed it up a bit; the free version doesn't support password protection).
    Power Switch The virtual SmartCover for any Android device.
    • See this thread for soft "screen off" button, controlling your device by waving the hand and more.

Web Browsers
    Chrome A popular browser by Google, although no flash and no H/W acceleration on the Infinity. Be aware that setting some permissions in the browser lets Google collect all omnibox data.
    Opera Mobile Light, fast and secure, but not optimised for the Infinity (yet?).
    Firefox Beta It is buggy in regard to add-ons, but gives some really cool opportunities like ad-blocking.
    OverSkreen ($2.49) Is a must have for multi taskers. It allows you to place several browser windows on the screen at once, much like a window GUI; uses the stock browser AFAIK. Have a look at some other floating apps here.
    Dolphin Has had some serious privacy issues, so personally I won’t use it anymore.
    Boat Browser Another browser with privacy issues.
    Maxthon Mobile Browser A somewhat new and lesser know browser that is designed specifically for tablets and ideally for 10" screens.

Ad-Blocking
    AdAway (Requires Root) One of several proven ad blockers.
    AdFree (Requires Root) Another great ad blocker.

Security
    Be aware of USB debugging security threats, like this one.
    Pocket (former Wallet) Store all your passwords encrypted in one place.
    KeePass For storing passwords securely. Try also its Windows client (download Pro ed.).

B-Folders Secure Organizer Secure organiser with syncing capabilities.
    File Locker Encrypt files or directories and use some advanced features for free.
    BoxCryptor Encrypt your cloud data.

Seal (Paid) With Seal you can protect any application with a password or a pattern easily, so nobody but you can open them.
    App Protector (7-day trial, then paid) ^ Another solution for app-locking.

LBE Privacy Guard (officially unsupported, but .apk can be download from devs' website, there should be a translated non-lite version to be found as well)
    DroidWall Android firewall (use with caution).
    WiFi Protector (Free for XDA users) Protection from ARP spoofing.
    DroidSheep Guard -- || --

Cerberus One of the popular theft-protection apps (unless you prefer ASUS Device Tracker, which may be a bad idea).

Anti-virus software, malware protection, anti-theft (sometimes bundled with firewall):
    BitDefender Mobile Security & Antivirus
    Lookout Security & Anti-Virus
    AVG Anti-Virus Free
    avast! Mobile Security
    TrustGo Antivirus & Mobile Security

(eBook|PDF|various) Readers
    PDF:
    Perfect Viewer (a picture viewer) with its PDF Plugin is in fact almost perfect - the favourite of many (myself included) for reading purposes, but lacks the option to edit documents. It's (ad-)free by default (donation-ware), so if you like it, be sure to donate.
    RepliGo PDF Reader ($1.99) is a fast PDF reader with annotating features (very fast rendering and nice UI, but also seems to be giving me some random reboots).
    iAnnotate PDF Reader is another great PDF reader. Not as good as RepliGo, but free is good.
    ezPDF Reader Probably the most advanced pdf reader for Android, but sometimes painfully slow.
    Solo PDF Reader The simple (and fast) solution.

e-books:
    Stock MyLibrary seems pretty cool after the update (but very slow in rendering pdfs, esp. those consisting of images)

Aldiko Is the old stand by that many use. Popular and proven.
    Cool Reader
    Mantano Reader Lite (= free version)
    FBReader

varia:
    CamScannerHD and Handy Scanner. Trial versions of two document scanners. Take photos of whatever you wish and turn them into pdf documents. See what timrock has to say about it.
    ComicRack For reading your eComics.

Office Suites
    KingSoft Arguably the best (free) office suite for an Android tablet, works pretty well on the Infinity.
    OfficeSuite Pro ($14.99) Certainly not free, but probably the best office suite available for Android.

Calendars and Tasks
    Wizz widget (transparent)
    Touch Calendar Free
    Android Pro Widgets

Evernote A powerful app for taking notes and managing tasks.
    Astrid Tasks Task Manager with Synchronisation to Google, nice features like repeating tasks, unfortunately there is only a small widget in the free edition, but apart of that it is brilliant. By inviting 3 people on a shared list, you can unlock the premium one.
    GTasks
    Todo List Widget

Media Players & Entertainment
    If you experience problems with DTS (sound system) or codecs in general, see this post.
    BSPlayer Plays most formats and supports H/W decoding (even has its own H/W decoder, apart from the default one).
    DicePlayer
    MX Player
    VPlayer
    VLC Player

WinAmp
    Poweramp

TuneIn Radio A cool radio app that allows you to search for your favourite songs and stream the radio that's playing them.

IMDb frontend Allows you to see what movies are out there these days. Looks really good on the Infinity.

SoundHound Get to know what's that song heard on the radio or on the street that just rings a bell, but doesn't ring it enough for you to get to remember.
    TrackID Another similar app with a very funny comment in Playstore by one of the users saying it changed his life, as it helped him find a girlfriend and a job ;)

File Managers
    Solid Explorer Beta II A somewhat new player, but is getting great feedback.
    Total Commander Old PC classic reborn.
    Astro File Manager
    Root Explorer

Remote Management
    AirDroid Lets you manage (and even push) files to your Infinity over WiFi and much, much more. Comes with an Android-like GUI for PC, but works only in horizontal mode.
    WiFi File Explorer
    TeamViewer

uTorrent Remote

Also note that Splashtop Remote HD comes with your Infinity for free by default and can be found through MyCloud app (-> MyDesktop).

Cloud Storage
    See also info on BoxCryptor in the "Security" section.
    Wuala Secure cloud storage with reliable encryption (remember not to lose your key or password).
    DropBox Probably the front leader in Android realm for mobile cloud storage, although there are some security concerns against it.
    Ubuntu One Files Another cross-platform client, originally for Ubuntu Linux distro.
    Google Drive New app, but no stranger to the cloud service world. Some having issues, which is expected for new apps.
    Asus Cloud Already on your device, but if you want to use with your other Android devices.
    Box

News & Information
    Tablified Market HD An app for even more apps! (tablet-specific, updated)

Zinio Free app that allows you to access a mix of free and paid media.
    BBC News Reader My personal favourite.
    Pulse News Another news reader.
    Google Currents
    Reader HD (Paid) Reader compatiple RSS reader that follows the Android Design Guidelines. Has Dark and Light themes as well as magazine and list views. Finally articles can be mobilized with all popular services. This has replaced pulse, flipboard, and currents for me. (psych2l)

Keyboards
    See my initial thoughts on keyboards on the bottom of this post.
    In case of problems with diacritics when docked, be sure to use KLSwitcher for setting your locale.
    You can also try External Keyboard Helper Pro for custom layouts.

TouchPal Free but skins cost. A favorite KB. You may have to switch back to default KB when docking.
    SwiftKey Tablet ($3.99) This KB has a large following. It’s proven to be a wonderful tablet specific keyboard that permits to do standard layout or even “thumb” style with a gap in middle. Very customizable. There is a free trial available.
    Hacker's Keyboard is a popular one for anyone that finds themselves commonly fighting to type syntax.
    Lots Of Other Tablet Keyboards To Try!

Resource Management
    Tasker (Paid) Control everything you need in your tablet by automatic triggers, actions, tasks, etc.

Elixir 2 - Widgets Includes a popular info bar widget.
    HD Widgets ($1.99) Nice weather and clock widget(s) and some others.

[you can have a look at my thread on battery life if it is your concern]
    Dual Battery Widget For those with the Keyboard Dock
    Battery Widget? Reborn! (BETA)
    Battery Monitor Widget This one isn't very pretty, but it shows %/h drain or charge in real time, which is very cool when you're monitoring your battery usage.
    JuiceDefender series (Free-$$) The JD series offers a lot of different products. Some free, some cost. JuiceDefender Ultimate costs, but offers a lot of crazy settings for really maxing your battery life.

Tablet CPU Usage Monitor ($0.99) is designed to give good feedback from dual and quad core devices.
    System Tuner
    System Monitor

PrintHand Mobile Print (Paid) Print from your device directly via WiFi or Bluetooth without a computer.

Any Cut This application allows you to put shortcuts to the Home screen of your Android device. You can for example create a shortcut for the quick dialing of a certain number, sending an SMS, or even changing your hidden proxy settings. Unfortunately, looks really bad on the FHD screen.

Communications & Sharing
    Irssi Connectbot A modified version of the popular ConnectBot SSH client for Android optimised for the Transformer series.

tTorrent Lite (comes with ridiculous restrictions) / tTorrent Pro (paid version / no restrictions)

Friendcaster Alternative Facebook client (a little less privacy risk).
    CSipSimple VoIP Client with nice integration.

mysms (Free) Remote SMS for Tablets.
    SyncSMS (Paid)
    Tablet Talk (Paid)

Backup
    Titanium Backup (uses gzip and HyperShell)
    MyBackup
    There are "pro" paid versions of both ^^

Launchers & (G)UI
    Reports on crashes with some launchers. These will likely disappear over time as they update to solve issues.
    Some people, including myself, see lags while using the stock launcher and docked, so a custom launcher might help in this department.
    Apex No. 1 for many.
    Nova Launcher The fastest on the Infinity, but most crashes too so far.
    LauncherPro
    Go Launcher HD For Tablets/Pads
    CircleLauncher Light

Paid:
    SPB Shell 3D
    ADWLauncher EX

GUI add-ons / changes:
    • Add some gesture functionality to your launcher / UI, e.g. through GMD GestureControl.
    Simple Text-Text Icon Creator
    Minimalistic Text
    The Icon Ultimate Themer's dream with free and paid access to many different icon styles. It's cheaper to get them from the app than his store, and you can get high-res tablet friendly versions of the icon by long pressing on each. I suggest checking out the metro and project glass icons, they look great. (psych2l)
    1Tap Quick Bar "Fastest way to start your task" (try the Power Toggles alternatively)

Games
    A separate thread discusses games for the Infinity in detail.
    (BTW, it seems that the same game at the same time may be cheaper in Google Play than in TegraZone, so be sure to double-check)

Apps to avoid (causing bootloops etc.)
    Remove some stock bloatware, too, if you don't need it.

Also, try avoiding NTFS on your external storage
    in general if you intend to connect it to the Infinity.

Some other interesting apps:

Dictionary / encyclopedia app: ColorDict seems to be a reasonable choice (default in RepliGo).

• Both TubeMate and FREEdi YouTube Downloader let you download YouTube videos to your device.

Lux For setting (auto)brightness. Some like it, I find it annoying and not fully compatible with brightness setting in notifications area. Alternatively, you may try Screen Filter, I haven't tried it, as I've done some brightness tweaks manually instead.

Google Sky Map If you've always wanted to name the stars you're looking at just as they do in the movies, you can now have your try with a little help on Google's side.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

There's also App Market for Adults out there (and for adults only).

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Summary of our other discussions here:
    I) Some of my (initial) thoughts on keyboards moved to another post.
    II) Various browsers reported to be working faster with browser2ram, but makes them more prone to data loss (cache, history, open tabs).
    III) MartyHulskemper's favourite apps here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28746928&postcount=35
    IV) KilerG's list of Android apps here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oD4BUsPRs/edit

Hit [THANKS] if it helps.
    Here you go man. I added some as I went that I would suggest and made the catogories as I went. As I said, tweak as you wish. This format should allow future additions alot easier.

Great Apps For The TF700 Infinity

Utilities
    • I/O scheduler (Requires Root)
    Through ATP Tweak, see my other post I had some good experience with deadline so far.
    tTorrent Lite (Free)
    uTorrent Remote
    Over Skreen ($2.49) Is a must have for multi taskers. It allows you to place several apps on the screen at once, much like a window GUI.
    • CPU governor (default kernel so far): interactive (default)] <-- both managed by No-Frills CPU Control and ATP Tweak bundled
    RepliGo PDF Reader (1.99) Is a fast PDF reader
    iAnnotate PDF Reader (Free) is another great PDF reader. Not as good as RepliGo, but free is good.

Web Browsers
    Chrome (Free) Is a popular one, although H/W acceleration on TF700 would be nice.
    Dolphin (Free) Has had privacy issues but remains a top contender
    Boat Browser (Free) is an underdog that many are finding useful, but just like Dolphin, it’s had privacy issues in the past too.

eBook Readers
    Aldiko (Free) Is the old stand by that many use. Popular and proven.
    Cool Reader (Free)

Office Suites
    KingSoft (Free)Works very well and is free.
    OfficeSuite Pro ($14.99) Certainly not free, but probably the best office suite available on android.

Ad Blocking
    AdFree (Free) (Requires Root) One Of several proven ad blockers.
    AdAway (Free) (Requires Root) Another great Ad blocker

Media Players
    BS Player (Free)
    MX Player (Free)
    VLC Player (Free)
    WinAmp (Free)

File Managers
    Astro File Manager (Free)
    Root Explorer (Free)
    Solid Explorer Beta II (Free) A somewhat new player, but is getting great feedback.
    Total Commander (Free)
    Wifi File Explorer (Free)

Cloud Storage
    Drop Box (Free) probably the front leader in Android realm for mobile cloud storage.
    Google Drive (Free) New app, but no stranger to the cloud service world. Some having issues, which is expected for new apps.
    Asus Cloud (Free) Already on your device, but if you want to use with your other Android devices.

News & Information
    Zinio (Free) Free app that allows you to access a mix of free and paid media.
    BBC Reader (Free) A favorite of many.
    HD Widgets ($1.99)

KeyBoards
    TouchPal (Free) Free but skins cost. A favorite KB. You may have to switch back to default KB when docking.
    SwiftKey Tablet ($3.99) This KB has a large following. It’s proven to be a wonderful tablet specific keyboard that permits to do standard layout or even “thumb” style with a gap in middle. Very customizable. A Free Trial Version Is Available Also.
    Hackers Keyboard is a popular one for anyone that finds themselves commonly fighting to type syntax.
    Lots Of Other Tablet Keyboard To Try Too!

Resource Management
    Battery Left Widget (Free)
    Battery Left Pro ($1.99)
    Dual Battery Widget (Free) For those with the KeyBoard Dock
    GSAM (Free) is nice but some report inaccurate readings.
    Juice Defender Series (Free-$$) The JD series offers a lot of different products. Some free, some cost. They have something for everyone’s. Juice Defender Ultimate costs, but offers a lot of crazy settings for really maxing your battery life.
    Tablet CPU Usage Monitor ($0.99) is designed to give good feedback from dual and quad core devices.
    System Tuner (Free)
    System Monitor (Free)

Games
    A separate thread is well underway discussing games on far greater detail.

Launchers
    Reports on crashes with some launches. These will likely disappear over time as they update to solve issues.
    Apex (Free)
    Go Launcher HD For Tablets/Pads(Free)
    Nova Launcher (Free)

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Summary of our other discussions here:
    I) MartyHulskemper's favourite apps here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28746928&postcount=35
    II) KilerG's list of Android apps here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oD4BUsPRs/edit
    III) Stock Browser reported to be working faster with browser2ram, but more prone to data loss when killed (Nahakiole's original post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28641123&postcount=19)

==
    more of my (initial) thoughts on keyboards, before finding TouchPal ;)

Smart Keyboard seems fine (I'm on the trial)
    I didn't like GO Keyboard, although a few simple changes could make it a good one for a tablet, nor Perfect Keyboard (far from perfect); A.I.type FloatNSplit Tablet Keyboard seemed interesting, but forced close in settings set its future pretty clearly; LogiType Tablet Keyboard would be very cool, but it is not configurable AT ALL (interesting ergonomic input, it would be nice to see it being developed); Tablet Keyboard Free is very simple and intuitive and could be pretty cool for somebody who doesn't need any diacritics in their language;
    There are also keyboards I would like to test, but there is no free option and I've tested too many to pay even 1$ for something I only have 15 minutes for before the payment is approved. Sorry, it does not work that way, so I'll have to pass with Thumb Keyboard and others, although it shows promise.
    Slide mechanisms - when switchable to ABC input - look interesting too, I may sometimes use SlideIT (in Classic view).
    [written before finding TouchPal!] So far it seems ASUS keyboard is "the best of the bad", I really like big keys and 123 input, but I miss some special chars being available on the same screen (for instance as alternative input after pressing shift). Seems I'll have to post a request somewhere for the keyboard of my design ;>
    I just need to try out Swiftkey now, but I doubt anything can be better than what I've just experienced.[/QUOTE]
    dictionary / encyclopedia app: not sure, I would like something well integrated into my Android, so far I've only tried ColorDict, as it was RepliGo's first choice I believe [Edit 14.07.2012: it seems you can add other dictionaries to this one, but most good dictionaries don't come for free apart from some kind of trial (and there's way too much adware in the dictionaries section than I would ever expect!); btw, I've found that Kindle App uses Oxford Dictionary of English which normally is rather pricey, unfortunately it seems it can't be used outside of the app for free]

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

And there was alot of cutting and pasting as I went, something may have been unintentionally truncated.
    I've tried all the video players and I've found Dice Player to have the best HW acceleration and playback. Best of all it went adfree yesterday which is kinda annoying since I paid $5 for it lol. They had to remove DTS support due to licensing restrictions, but just place the libffmpeg.so file at the root of your SDcard directory (after extracting from the zip) and select custom plugins from the player window and you'll have the best player on the market :laugh:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...EsImNvbS5pbmlzb2Z0Lm1lZGlhcGxheWVyLnRyaWFsIl0.
    Made a list of my own tonight. Check it out and see if there is anything interesting on there for ya.

MHT (single file html) Version(Download it to view in browser)
    Answer to letter C

Let's share our finds here. My list of "best for X on the Infinity":

a) I/O scheduler (after rooting): sio
    [b) CPU governor (default kernel so far): interactive (default)] <-- both managed by No-frills and ATP Tweak bundled
    c) web browser: Dolphin Browser (I like Chrome, but it doesn't support H/W acceleration on TF700) [any reason why FireFox isn't available for the Infinity, btw??]
    d) (fastest) PDF reader: RepliGo Reader (2nd place: iAnnotate PDF)
    e) e-book reader: Cool Reader & Aldiko (stock MyLibrary is fine for epubs too)
    f) Office Suite: Kingsoft Office (because it's free and very good) or OfficeSuite Pro (because it's even better / more intuitive)
    g) notes: SuperNote "bundled" with TF700
    h) ADBLOCK (after rooting): AdAway (!!!)
    i) video player: BSPlayer FREE (2nd: VPlayer, 3rd: MX Player because of UI, but it doesn't play most of my big movie files well enough) + MyNet for network multimedia of course
    j) file manager: Total Commander (+ stock file manager sometimes); WiFi File Explorer for remote management within your WiFi network
    k) cloud storage: I'm used to Dropbox, although I intend to try box.net & ASUS cloud storage; not much luck with Google Drive though
    l) press / news: Zinio & Press Reader seem fine; but I particularly like "BBC News" app
    m) dictionary / encyclopedia app: not sure, I would like something well integrated into my Android, so far I've only tried ColorDict, as it was RepliGo's first choice I believe
    n) keyboard: yet to try bunch of different keyboards next weekend [tried and liked the GO keyboard, but I didn't play well with the dock...]
    o) battery management: GSam Battery Monitor (+ 2nd: Dual Battery Widget)
    p) system management in general: not sure yet, I've "clicked through" System Tuner, System Monitor Lite and Tablet CPU Usage Monitor, they seem OK, but nothing special
    q) calendar: the stock app + (stock?) Wizz calendar widget (transparent)
    r) weather widget (& other widgets): HD Widgets [default Accuweather is OK, although it has some lame names for non-existing places]
    s) music player: no preferences, I'm not using my tablet as mp3 player
    t) torrents: tTorrent Pro (but because of the I/O issues I won't be using torrents too often on my Infinity)

+ games ;) my win is Heroes Call THD, although be aware it tries to build its way through a clever micropayment system

+ other apps: Terminal Emulator (!)

Nice list! 8D

In answer to letter 'c'. I believe that FireFox doesn't officially support tablet layouts at this time. They state in the forums that you can try their nightly builds from their website in order to use it on tablets.

Also for letter 'j'. My favorite file explorer is Solid Explorer beta. Its pretty solid for a beta!