Root Nexus 7 Android v4.3

Search This thread

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Guys,I would like to ask that am i able to root the Nexus 7 3G With Android v4.3 JWR66Y Locked Bootloader?
I don't want to unlock the bootloader,only want to root.

Actually i want to restore app data from other device that was rooted,i tried Helium Carbon app,but can't restore it on unrooted device because its file were from rooted device.
Or is there any app that can backup app's data without root ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Hello Guys,I would like to ask that am i able to root the Nexus 7 3G With Android v4.3 JWR66Y Locked Bootloader?

Actually i want to restore app data from other device that was rooted,i tried Helium Carbon app,but can't restore it on unrooted device because its file were from rooted device.

Thanks.

Not possible with Jellybean 4.3, I'm afraid:(.

Hi, Ben Ling...

There used to be a way of rooting the Nexus 7 whilst running Jellybean 4.2.2, without unlocking the bootloader... called the motochopper 'exploit' . But sadly, that method now no longer works under Jellybean 4.3... something to do with the security enhancements of JB 4.3.

I know of no method of rooting the Nexus 7 (whilst running Jellybean 4.3), without unlocking the bootloader first... as rooting typically involves fastboot flashing a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) first... and you can't run fastboot commands with a locked bootloader (other than fastboot oem unlock).

The app I use for backing up apps and user data is Titanium...which you're probably already aware of... and of course, it requires root:(. Although I've never tried other backup apps, I suspect that root is going to a be necessary prerequisite if you want to backup and restore apps and their associated data.

Sorry I couldn't suggest anything helpful.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Ling

Ben Ling

Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Hi, Ben Ling...

There used to be a way of rooting the Nexus 7 whilst running Jellybean 4.2.2, without unlocking the bootloader... called the motochopper 'exploit' . But sadly, that method now no longer works under Jellybean 4.3... something to do with the security enhancements of JB 4.3.

I know of no method of rooting the Nexus 7 (whilst running Jellybean 4.3), without unlocking the bootloader first... as rooting typically involves fastboot flashing a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) first... and you can't run fastboot commands with a locked bootloader (other than fastboot oem unlock).

The app I use for backing up apps and user data is Titanium...which you're probably already aware of... and of course, it requires root:(. Although I've never tried other backup apps, I suspect that root is going to a be necessary prerequisite if you want to backup and restore apps and their associated data.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Anyway,thanks.

And i found a solution to root my Nexus 7 without unlocking bootloader.

Ben Ling

Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Hi, Ben Ling...

Rgrds,
Ged.

Hi there,for now,is there any solution for this ?

And how about rooting on 4.4.2 KitKat without unlocking bootloader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Hi, Ben Ling...

Rgrds,
    Ged.