[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

Search This thread

Skcyte

Jan 18, 2015
Semarang
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
@Skcyte no problem, we should have sync-ed them up. Will do that in next release, MSI and exe installers should yield same results.

Got an update, it seems working when it first boot. But when I close and try to run it again, the same UUID problem occured. Tried to change the UUID manually in the .vbox file but I don't think it's working. Just want to point that out.

huisinro

I subscribed to this thread, seems this emulator is very promising. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Btw, do you have plans to use Lollipop (5.1.1) or Marshmallow (6.0.1) for your DirectX Leapdroid?

Once drag and drop Apk installation is supported or other easy methods to install apk's and transfer obb files inside the Leapdroid. I'll use this instead of MeMu

Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app
Apk drag and drop will be available in next release. As for android 5 or 6, it will take more time

huisinro

Look like I need to provide a bit more explanations on our new DirectX features. By DirectX, we mean on Windows host, we translate all GLES (OpenGL) calls from the Android guest into host DirectX APIs, instead of Windows OpenGL functions. The reason is that Windows supports DirectX natively, but OpenGL is poorly implemented. This change won't affect the Android side, Android apps don't know how Windows host process those APIs, regardless of OpenGL or DirectX. This is mainly for performance gains and robustness.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceman0826

user619

Jun 19, 2016
Is there any way to edit the resolution?
Can you guys make it have 4K resolution {3840x2160} support?

ULTIMATESAM

Dec 5, 2013
nasik
"
logo60.png

can i copy my game data from android phone to this emulator?? or i have to download whole game data again?

huisinro

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Hi any chance for the installer to properly support multi-user accounts on Windows (7 specifically) so that an option is given to for each user to have 1 or more VM's set up at install? All of the executable etc are available to all users by default and shortcuts are installed in the start menus off all users.

It's can be worked around but it's a pain. The instruction below gives vm2 to the other user account leaving vm1 available on the primary.

1) In the secondary user account create a new Linux 2.6 VM in VirtualBox.Exe. Do not create a hard disk. Call it vm2
2) Copy the vm2 folder from the install user account to the secondary user account, replacing files created in step 1.
3) Launch VirtualBox.Exe and note the scary error message re mismatched UIDs
4) Edit VirtualBox.xml to correct the UID mismatch.
5) Back in the primary user account in virtualbox.exe remove vm2.

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Hi,

Kingdom Rush Origins crashes in the current default DirectX Mode, works OK if LeapDroid is opened in OpenGL mode.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

@neu - smurph this should be easy, we have this by design. You just need to duplicate the Documents\Leapdroid folder to other user account, and then create a shortcut

Thanks - I only copied the VMs over initially rather than the whole folder. I can see where I went wrong now.

Reactions: huisinro

user619

Jun 19, 2016
yes, you can change the resolution this way:

LeapdroidVM.exe -vfiber -w 3840 -h 2160 -s vm1

However, currently there is a bug on input, control may not work.

I put that in cmd and it worked but I cant click on anything in LeapDroid
Can you guys make a GUI or menu for editing LeapDroid settings in an update because I want to be able to edit the resolution and dpi easily.

D

Deleted member 1890170

Can you test our Leaodroid new version? Which uses DitectX now, instead of OpenGL, should be significantly faster. From our testing, it blows up other emulators

OK, ran against Leapdroid 1.1.0 (Direct3D version) 3DMark - the gamer's benchmark tool - (OpenGL ES 2.0, 1080p, Test: IceStorm Extreme ) on my Windows 10 64bit HAV-enabled Lenovo G505s laptop. Leapdroid's default settings were used.

Leapdroid_3_DMark_Benchmark_Result.png

Congrats!

iRoxas1

Aug 7, 2014
Florida
huisinro when we go from version 1.0 to 1.1, can we keep our original system.vmdk or do we have to overwrite it with the new one. In other words can we transfer our data from 1.0 to 1.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

logo60.png
    #1 Android Emulator by Android Authority
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/
    Leapdroid Game Player is the Fastest Android Emulator and Virtual Machine in the world
    I am one of the first few guys that released Android vm back in 2010, and now funded by VC, we have put together a very strong team to further develop and improve the vm into a robust product, called LeapDroid, our first version has just released: http://www.leapdroid.com
    With LeapDroid, you can play Android games or any other Android Apps on Windows PC, in a very fast way using our unique LeapGL and Virt Fiber I/O technologies. It is highly compatible with a lot of games, and we will support GLES v3 soon.

Updated on Nov-04-2016:
    We (the whole team) are joining Google, and LeapDroid development is discontinued. Thanks for all of you that have been using our Leapdroid emulator
    !

Updated on Sep-26-2016, version 1.8.0.0 released:
    (1) Improve APK installation, path with spaces is now supported
    (2) Fix Little Big City 2
    (3) Bug Fixes

GitHub tracking issues:
    https://github.com/leapdroid-team/leapdroid/issues/

Media Coverages:

http://www.androidauthority.com/leapdroid-review-703665/
    http://androidcommunity.com/leapdro...astest-android-emulator-for-your-pc-20160711/

Features:
    (1) Android 4.4.4 image
    (2) x86 and ARM apps support
    (3) GLES 1.1 and GLES 2.0 support
    (4) Windows Direct X engine, in addition to host OpenGL
    (4) Host IME support
    (5) Key mapping
    (6) text copy and paste between android and host
    (7) Drag and drop apk installation
    (8) GPS support & seamless Pokemon Go support
    (9) Rooted out of the box, and adb remount support
    and many more

Upcoming Features:
    (1) Copy/Paste files between android and Windows host
    (2) Camera
    (3) Non VT performance improvement
    (5) OBS Streaming
    (5) GLES v3 support
    (6) Android 6 Marshmallow

Performances (Leapdroid simply beats all competitors, period!):
    Comparison.png

A quick update on Pokemon GO 0.37, we made some progress, but will take more time. Stay tuned!
    We just released a new version, 1.2.0, please download from our website, and re-install it (you will have to uninstall the existing version first).

Changes:
    (1) Add APK drag and drop install
    (2) Add support for custom resolutions using -w -h options
    (3) Fixed Antutu crashes on some PCs
    (4) Fixed Keyboard input bugs, e.g., Backspace, Capital letters, that may cause unable to login to google play
    (5) Add support for fullscreen mode
    (6) Display resizeable handles
    (7) Add more languages to Android
    (8) Fix a bug that causes no mouse input
    (9) Fix a bug that causes black screens on 32-bit PC
    (10) Other bug fixes in installer, etc.
    Updated on Aug-05-2016, version 1.4.0.0 released:
    (1) Multi-language support for keyboard
    (2) Pokemon Go compatibility fix
    (3) Heroes of Incredible Tales(HIT) fix
    (4) Pick a game and we will install it for you, go to our website and see tabs[Apps]
    (5) other bug fixes

Now Leapdroid is the only emulator that is compatible with the latest 0.31 Pokemon Go version, and you can install the app genuinely from the Google Play store.
    Updated on Aug-24-2016, version 1.5.0.0 released:
    (1) Pokemon Go: Auto-walk and different speed
    (2) Pokemon Go: Auto-catch pokemon
    (3) Allow user to customize the installation folder
    (4) other bug fixes