You cannot make gsm calls on honeycomb

Search This thread

porcupineadvocate

Aug 19, 2010
SMSes do work, though!

globatron, do you think the voice functionality is fixable or is the problem too deeply buried to be worth attempting?

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Read thread title, I know it is cryptic but if you stare out it long enough the answer will become evident

wojciechz

Nov 6, 2011
Read thread title, I know it is cryptic but if you stare out it long enough the answer will become evident

I know but vast of people claim that you cannot make calls from Flyer AT ALL - I make em so I thought that upgrade to honeycomb and soffing/rooting/etc it will enable me to do it.

It's very poor - I personally use HTC Flyer with gingerbread as my only telephone so no upgrade to HC today ;(

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
yes if you use your Flyer as a phone it is best to keep the operating system that is meant for a phone on the tablet. Honeycomb is a tablet operating system adn thus does not natively assume one would make phone calls. I am sure there is someone who could find a way to do it, but is that person here and or motivated to do so? If you need phone functionality honeycomb is not for you

Elim

Feb 17, 2008
Antwerpen
I know but vast of people claim that you cannot make calls from Flyer AT ALL
Yes, we can read it even in this thread.

But, the title is clear and spoke alone over honeycomb. It has nothing to do with the Flyer. Here we know, that a 3G Flyer has the hardware and with a OS which support phone calls it is possible (like Gingerbread).

But honeycomb didn't support phone calls.

and soffing/rooting/etc it will enable me to do it.
No, because here are all OS parts missing and nobody can write them beside Google and HTC self.

Or as globatron says: "You cannot make gsm calls on honeycomb"

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
Yes, we can read it even in this thread.

But, the title is clear and spoke alone over honeycomb. It has nothing to do with the Flyer. Here we know, that a 3G Flyer has the hardware and with a OS which support phone calls it is possible (like Gingerbread).

But honeycomb didn't support phone calls.

No, because here are all OS parts missing and nobody can write them beside Google and HTC self.

Or as globatron says: "You cannot make gsm calls on honeycomb"

That might or might not be true.
It is likely that HTC is not willing to support voice calling most likely its due to carrier support. I tried searching and was not able to find an article that explained Voice calling is architecturally unsupported or impossible in Honeycomb.

Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus supports voice calling http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/7.0/feature.html?type=find
The international version does and US version will not support this feature mainly due to AT&T

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1312395&highlight=voice+calling

Last edited:

nader1450

Dec 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I know gsm phone call not work in htc flyer honeycomb.

but anybody unlock (or hack) gsm phone call in Flyer Honeycomb?!

Last edited:

Elim

Feb 17, 2008
Antwerpen
That might or might not be true.
It is likely that HTC is not willing to support voice calling...
Okay, maybe the galaxy tab is the only honeycomb table which can make phone calls over 3G but I am not sure. I though they use another technique (VOI).

Beside this exists - as I know - no Honeycomb tablet where phone calls over 3G (or 4G) are possible. They all us a internet connection. And this is also with the Flyer possible. So, you can use Skype, Google Voice, ...