Search This thread

knightwolf123

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ladies and Gentleman

KnightWolf123 Does it again!!

Recently added a "How To" section for creating and porting a skin.

After hanging out here on XDA for a while, I thought that along with trying to build flashable zips to taylor something to function or look a certain way, I would assemble a few Skins. Mostly what we have here is what I felt looked really cool and I could change on the fly without having to flash something.

Also with not needing to flash in recovery, these files can be used by an android device

Rooted or Not Rooted,

With or without a custom rom,

Odexed or Deodexed,

CDMA or GSM

and the file doesn't need to be altered. The ONLY thing required is..

HTC SENSE 3.0 (most devices)

• Post 2 - Details/info
  • Post 3 - Thanks section
  • Post 4 - How to Create your own skin
  • Post 5 - How to port a theme to a skin
  • Post 6 - What's in a m10 ?
  • Post 7 - Skins I have currently available
  • Post 8 - Other member skins

If you enjoy this work please hit the THANK YOU button :D

Last edited:

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Details / Info

Disclaimer!! YOU and only YOU are responsible for your phone !!​

• These skins may be considered WIP (work in progress) so if there are any flaws just remember, it was FREE!
  • If you are on an unrooted phone or don’t have transparent status bar support, don't download the (clear stat bar) version of these skins.
  • Some have reported errors downloading, if errors please use another browser or download with PC

• If you do download from mediafire with your phone and you get a ".txt" file just rename it to "whatever.apk"

• HTC Desire, these skins may or may not work properly. sorry guys but you mat need to find those in your own thread.
  • Please note that the center icon/word phone in the rosie may differ depending on what rom your using or if your not rooted
  • To uninstall As with any other skin, simply goto from home screen... Menu/personalize/skin/menu/delete and choose any skin no longer wanted (must already be on a different skin as you cannot delete a skin if it is currently in use)

Last edited:

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thank You !

There are many people I need to thank and I am sure I will miss a few but here goes..

knightwolf123
myn
eg1122
mayfield103
bebida
zone23
magnusragnarock
fernandosor
jeffsanace
danweb66
team 420
team alpha
team derp
team badseed
team bamf
everyone I forgot
and everyone else that has an awsome theme or skin that has inspired me to get a look the way I did.
A few of these skins are Ports from full themes. click on the name above to see full theme page.

Last edited:

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How to Create

OK Here goes...

please post if you have something helpfull to put here

• Look here for links and to ask questions
    This is a great post because you can find info on what file names you are looking for and what they do.

• Here is a good link with lots of details for a skin

• shared.m10 - I love this file. This is the bulk of what you see in a skin. This file is also found in the "fusion.apk" of a ROM or flashable theme. You can actually pull this from a theme, throw it into a skin and resign and BAM! New skin with your favorite look. Or vise versa. And you get your theme with the look of your favorite skin.

• And this has helped me allot . Originally posted by Zone23

1)Install ApkManager & M10 tools(make sure to add apkmanager to your path)

2)Now go open up were apkmanager is installed and add your base apk to the(place-apk-here-for-modding).

3)Now run the Script.

4)Now run #22 to choose your current project(should be #1 if you only added one apk).

5)Now run #10 to decompile apk.

6)Once finished without closing the command prompt(Script)Open up the projects folder.

7)Open AndroidManifest.xml with NOTEPAD++(right click).

8)Now at the end of line #2 change the name of the skin to whatever you want to call it,save and close.

9)Now go to the assests folder and where the shared M10 volume is(it will be the folder with the name of the skin)
    change that folder to the name that you used in the AndroidManifest.xml,but only the skin name and NOT the full string
    for example com.KWM.CosmicBlue.apk(leave out everything but the "CosmicBlue")

10)Now go to /res/values/strings.xml and
    right click to open and edit with NOTEPAD++,now edit line #4 to the name of your skin,save and close

11)Now adjust,replace,or modifiy any of the PNG files you want in the /res/drawable-hdpi & /res/drawable-land-hdpi.

12)Now to recompile your apk run #11.

13)Now open M10 editor without closing the other windows (just minimize them).

14)Now to edit the png's in the shared M10 we need to run the Load file,once finished make sure you check the box that says Decode images,Now run the Decompile/show button.

15)Edit the M10s files you want,I generally open the entire folder in explorer view. Once an icon appears on the right, right click it and open in explorer view. It’s a lot easier than picking the files one at a time. Make sure you’ve got everything because you won’t want to open this back up unless it’s absolutely necessary.

16)Now save M10 but uncheck were it says zipalign.It should be saved
    back to the Modding folder.

17)Now to sign your apk go back to ApkManger(this is why you don't want to close any windows
    during this procces)Run #4.All DONE!!!

18)Now after you do your first skin i suggest that you skip this last step and
    follow these next two steps.

19)Now copy your apk to the Place-apk-here-to-batch-optimize folder and Run #15.

20)Now copy your apk to the Place-apk-here-for-signing folder and Run #16

Volume bar color is in "progress horizontal.xml"

Last edited:

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How to port a theme into a skin !

This is a WIP

(May not be perfect or complete but it works for me)

This will not include xml edits or m10 edits

1) Learn how to use 7-zip and apkmanager then …

2) Download and place on desktop of pc (windows 7) these items… A base skin (use one of mine if you like), and from the theme you like get the com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk (from the system/framework folder of the theme) and the systemUI.apk and fusion.apk (from the system/app folder of the theme)

3) Right click on desktop and create new folder. Label it “myskinfiles”

4) Then open (with 7-zip or other like program) theskinyouchose.apk and drag into your new folder the “res” folder from the skin.

5) Now open the resources file and drag onto the desktop C:\Users\USER\Desktop\com.htc.resources.apk\res\drawable-hdmi\ folder.

6) Now open the “myskinfiles” and snap it onto the left window side.

7) Open to res/drawable-hdmi and minimize.

8) Then open the drawable-hdmi from desktop and snap it into the right window side.

9) Now make sure you have both windows open and goto the right window and select all.

10) Drag all into left window. You will get a message that says “There is already a file with the same name in this location. “ On that window at the bottom where it says “do this for next 355 conflicts” check the box to the left then click on skip.

11) Then (while still highlighted) hit the “DELETE” key on your keyboard. (Let process complete)

12) Now goto right side folder and “select all” and drag to left folder again but this time select the box “do this for next 355 conflicts” and choose “Move and Replace”. Let complete and then minimize left window and close right window.

13) Now delete the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\drawable-hdmi and open framework then repeat steps 5 - 12 again with the drawable-hdmi in it then delete C:\Users\USER\Desktop\drawable-hdmi and finally, repeat steps 5 - 12 with the systemUI.

14) Now goto the skin and delete “res” folder and replace it with the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\myskinfiles\res you put together.

15) Next goto the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\fusion.apk and copy onto desktop the assets\Default\drawable\shared.m10 file.

16) Now open the skin you choose and drag that m10 into assets\skinnamefolder\drawable . it will say “confirm copy file” select yes.

17) If you want a transparent status bar and you have a ROM that supports it just go into the drawable-hdmi in your skin and find statusbar_background.png and use a program like gimp and make it totally transparent. If not then skip this step.

18) Close the skin and go into apkmanager and rename it, rezipalign it, and resign it.

Note...hdmi/hdpi you know what I mean:D

To port a sense 3.5 skin to sense 3.0 or vice versa follow a similar process.
Just transfer the contents from the drawable hdmi and assets folders of the original skin to the destination skin in the same method described above. It’s actually easier than porting from a theme.

For the wallpaper and skin preview just goto the image folder and replace the appropriately named files with your wallpaper of choice and take a screen capture of your finished skin then add it back into the skin and re sign.

I may have left a bunch of steps out but this will get you going until I can clean up this tutorial and add in what is needed. Have fun !!

Last edited:

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What's in a m10 ?

M10 tools

What's in a m10? lots of stuff but here is a starter list...

this was provided by many members of the [intro to theming] and is where I start when I'm making a skin "My Way"
This list was started by il duce so make sure to thank him if you see one of his posts.

0x00000e37
0x00004205 = music buttons lockscreen
0x000021cf

0x0000287d = weather background
0x00003bc9 = center rosie button icon when pressed (center rosie button icon is in Rosie.apk)
0x000021f5 = left rosie button icon when pressed
0x00002831 = right rosie button icon when pressed
0x00003223 = rosie navbar screen normal
0x00002241 = rosie navbar lockscreen
0x00000231 = rosie left button icon static
0x000037a1 = rosie right button icon static
0x0000086d = lockscreen general widget background
0x00000893 = notification bubble background
0x0000092b = lockscreen calendar/alarm snooze button
0x00000951 = lockscreen calendar/alarm dismiss button
0x00000e83 = center rosie button background
0x00003c61 = huge widget background
0x00000ecf = right rosie button background?
0x000018c1 = large widget background
0x00001a3d = rosie slider thing
0x00001a63 = rosie navbar background layer3 ?
0x00001c9d = answer call button background
0x00002d17 = reject call button background
0x00002053 = lockring static (dragged lockring is in Idlescreen_Base.apk)
0x0000209f = right rosie button again?
0x00002669 = center rosie button background layer pressed ?
0x00002b9b = left rosie dragged app delete background ?
0x00003567 = right rosie dragged app delete background ?
0x00003b0b = medium widget background
0x000040fb = clock faded background
0x00002f77 = background for all sense medium and small widgets.

Last edited:

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Skins currently available I've put together

Development skins​

Cosmic Blue youtube clip

RjNln.png

Cosmic Green youtube clip

NnSSF.png

Radiant Blue video

3eO5P.png

Radiant Red video

gxVbz.png

Radiant White

s6pey.png

Honey Sense video

u0Ke1.png

Honey Chrome V2

oxlX5.png

Pink youtube clip

lvr8q.png

Default HTC look

5iNE2.png

Warm RLS1 style
(semi clear stat bar)
gHfLk.png

Market Skins​

Cosmic Blue
AK2tU.png

Cosmic Plus
tQkKa.png

Radiant Blue
kTVfF.png

Radiant Red
eoCzh.png

Radiant White
qvVvf.png

Clear Widgets
qa9sN.png

Clear Plus
GSZhP.png

Stock+Inverted clock
sg1Kg.png

more coming soon!!!

** Market skins **

* Development skins *

as of 06 april 2012 all skins are RE pngoptimized and
zipaligned and more clear stat bar versions available !
if you have older version of skin(s) please redownload :)

Last edited:

romannsjr

Aug 31, 2010
Charlotte, North Kackalack
Good job KW i remember u from the Mag days we would chat.
BTW been flossing ur other themes over the Chogardjr ROM 2.17 odex
and its sweet as hell I really love the anims u put in!! would love to see more anims...HINT HINT, but for now about to bust these new skins u got..
Keep up the good work and Thanks!!

knightwolf123

Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Good job KW i remember u from the Mag days we would chat.
BTW been flossing ur other themes over the Chogardjr ROM 2.17 odex
and its sweet as hell I really love the anims u put in!! would love to see more anims...HINT HINT, but for now about to bust these new skins u got..
Keep up the good work and Thanks!!

Hell yeah! Just wait till we get a working copy of ICS w/ sense. I've got a hole bunch of stuff on the shelf!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: polo79

polo79

Jan 27, 2010
Houston
weird stuff, i was able to download red and blue fine from my phone but the stock skin for some reason isn't downloading with dolphin, stock, stock HC, opera, chrome or IE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and Gentleman

KnightWolf123 Does it again!!

Recently added a "How To" section for creating and porting a skin.

After hanging out here on XDA for a while, I thought that along with trying to build flashable zips to taylor something to function or look a certain way, I would assemble a few Skins. Mostly what we have here is what I felt looked really cool and I could change on the fly without having to flash something.

Also with not needing to flash in recovery, these files can be used by an android device

Rooted or Not Rooted,

With or without a custom rom,

Odexed or Deodexed,

CDMA or GSM

and the file doesn't need to be altered. The ONLY thing required is..

HTC SENSE 3.0 (most devices)

• Post 2 - Details/info
    • Post 3 - Thanks section
    • Post 4 - How to Create your own skin
    • Post 5 - How to port a theme to a skin
    • Post 6 - What's in a m10 ?
    • Post 7 - Skins I have currently available
    • Post 8 - Other member skins

If you enjoy this work please hit the THANK YOU button :D
    How to Create

OK Here goes...

please post if you have something helpfull to put here

• Look here for links and to ask questions
      This is a great post because you can find info on what file names you are looking for and what they do.

• Here is a good link with lots of details for a skin

• shared.m10 - I love this file. This is the bulk of what you see in a skin. This file is also found in the "fusion.apk" of a ROM or flashable theme. You can actually pull this from a theme, throw it into a skin and resign and BAM! New skin with your favorite look. Or vise versa. And you get your theme with the look of your favorite skin.

• And this has helped me allot . Originally posted by Zone23

1)Install ApkManager & M10 tools(make sure to add apkmanager to your path)

2)Now go open up were apkmanager is installed and add your base apk to the(place-apk-here-for-modding).

3)Now run the Script.

4)Now run #22 to choose your current project(should be #1 if you only added one apk).

5)Now run #10 to decompile apk.

6)Once finished without closing the command prompt(Script)Open up the projects folder.

7)Open AndroidManifest.xml with NOTEPAD++(right click).

8)Now at the end of line #2 change the name of the skin to whatever you want to call it,save and close.

9)Now go to the assests folder and where the shared M10 volume is(it will be the folder with the name of the skin)
      change that folder to the name that you used in the AndroidManifest.xml,but only the skin name and NOT the full string
      for example com.KWM.CosmicBlue.apk(leave out everything but the "CosmicBlue")

10)Now go to /res/values/strings.xml and
      right click to open and edit with NOTEPAD++,now edit line #4 to the name of your skin,save and close

11)Now adjust,replace,or modifiy any of the PNG files you want in the /res/drawable-hdpi & /res/drawable-land-hdpi.

12)Now to recompile your apk run #11.

13)Now open M10 editor without closing the other windows (just minimize them).

14)Now to edit the png's in the shared M10 we need to run the Load file,once finished make sure you check the box that says Decode images,Now run the Decompile/show button.

15)Edit the M10s files you want,I generally open the entire folder in explorer view. Once an icon appears on the right, right click it and open in explorer view. It’s a lot easier than picking the files one at a time. Make sure you’ve got everything because you won’t want to open this back up unless it’s absolutely necessary.

16)Now save M10 but uncheck were it says zipalign.It should be saved
      back to the Modding folder.

17)Now to sign your apk go back to ApkManger(this is why you don't want to close any windows
      during this procces)Run #4.All DONE!!!

18)Now after you do your first skin i suggest that you skip this last step and
      follow these next two steps.

19)Now copy your apk to the Place-apk-here-to-batch-optimize folder and Run #15.

20)Now copy your apk to the Place-apk-here-for-signing folder and Run #16

Volume bar color is in "progress horizontal.xml"
    Thank You !

There are many people I need to thank and I am sure I will miss a few but here goes..

knightwolf123
    myn
    eg1122
    mayfield103
    bebida
    zone23
    magnusragnarock
    fernandosor
    jeffsanace
    danweb66
    team 420
    team alpha
    team derp
    team badseed
    team bamf
    everyone I forgot
    and everyone else that has an awsome theme or skin that has inspired me to get a look the way I did.
    A few of these skins are Ports from full themes. click on the name above to see full theme page.
    Details / Info

Disclaimer!! YOU and only YOU are responsible for your phone !!​

• These skins may be considered WIP (work in progress) so if there are any flaws just remember, it was FREE!
    • If you are on an unrooted phone or don’t have transparent status bar support, don't download the (clear stat bar) version of these skins.
    • Some have reported errors downloading, if errors please use another browser or download with PC

• If you do download from mediafire with your phone and you get a ".txt" file just rename it to "whatever.apk"

• HTC Desire, these skins may or may not work properly. sorry guys but you mat need to find those in your own thread.
    • Please note that the center icon/word phone in the rosie may differ depending on what rom your using or if your not rooted
    • To uninstall As with any other skin, simply goto from home screen... Menu/personalize/skin/menu/delete and choose any skin no longer wanted (must already be on a different skin as you cannot delete a skin if it is currently in use)

This is a WIP

(May not be perfect or complete but it works for me)

This will not include xml edits or m10 edits

1) Learn how to use 7-zip and apkmanager then …

2) Download and place on desktop of pc (windows 7) these items… A base skin (use one of mine if you like), and from the theme you like get the com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk (from the system/framework folder of the theme) and the systemUI.apk and fusion.apk (from the system/app folder of the theme)

3) Right click on desktop and create new folder. Label it “myskinfiles”

4) Then open (with 7-zip or other like program) theskinyouchose.apk and drag into your new folder the “res” folder from the skin.

5) Now open the resources file and drag onto the desktop C:\Users\USER\Desktop\com.htc.resources.apk\res\drawable-hdmi\ folder.

6) Now open the “myskinfiles” and snap it onto the left window side.

7) Open to res/drawable-hdmi and minimize.

8) Then open the drawable-hdmi from desktop and snap it into the right window side.

9) Now make sure you have both windows open and goto the right window and select all.

10) Drag all into left window. You will get a message that says “There is already a file with the same name in this location. “ On that window at the bottom where it says “do this for next 355 conflicts” check the box to the left then click on skip.

11) Then (while still highlighted) hit the “DELETE” key on your keyboard. (Let process complete)

12) Now goto right side folder and “select all” and drag to left folder again but this time select the box “do this for next 355 conflicts” and choose “Move and Replace”. Let complete and then minimize left window and close right window.

13) Now delete the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\drawable-hdmi and open framework then repeat steps 5 - 12 again with the drawable-hdmi in it then delete C:\Users\USER\Desktop\drawable-hdmi and finally, repeat steps 5 - 12 with the systemUI.

14) Now goto the skin and delete “res” folder and replace it with the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\myskinfiles\res you put together.

15) Next goto the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\fusion.apk and copy onto desktop the assets\Default\drawable\shared.m10 file.

16) Now open the skin you choose and drag that m10 into assets\skinnamefolder\drawable . it will say “confirm copy file” select yes.

17) If you want a transparent status bar and you have a ROM that supports it just go into the drawable-hdmi in your skin and find statusbar_background.png and use a program like gimp and make it totally transparent. If not then skip this step.

18) Close the skin and go into apkmanager and rename it, rezipalign it, and resign it.

Note...hdmi/hdpi you know what I mean:D

To port a sense 3.5 skin to sense 3.0 or vice versa follow a similar process.
    Just transfer the contents from the drawable hdmi and assets folders of the original skin to the destination skin in the same method described above. It’s actually easier than porting from a theme.

For the wallpaper and skin preview just goto the image folder and replace the appropriately named files with your wallpaper of choice and take a screen capture of your finished skin then add it back into the skin and re sign.

I may have left a bunch of steps out but this will get you going until I can clean up this tutorial and add in what is needed. Have fun !!