SmartWatch Recommendations?

Search This thread

YoshiFtJ

Oct 17, 2009
Seattle
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I am not sure where to go with it.

I am looking to get a smartwatch, but there are so many and it's a pretty niche market that I have no idea where to go.

All I really want is a watch to control my music and send/receive texts from my phone. Seems very useful when biking and the whatnot.

I am running a Galaxy Note 2, that seems to have some deal of impact on compatibility it seems.

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
With a small keyboard and a tiny screen, biking and texting is hazardous to your health.

The BIG question is FACTORY or MODDED.

FACTORY: Omate Truesmart

MODDED: Galaxy Gear

*Edited for correct terminology

Last edited:

Penguwin

Nov 15, 2013
I currently have a Pebble, SW2 and a Toq and all three will do what you mention. Controlling your music can be made easier with the use of third-party apps in the case of the Pebble and SW2 and sending text messages can be done in the form of pre-made "canned" messages directly from the watches themselves.

Sorry I do not have much info on the Omate or Gear, as I do not own those smartwatches myself (yet) :) .

Reactions: MontyMontie
Mar 9, 2014
I would recommend you Millennius smartq watch. its running on Android 4.4, has some great features and quite cheapest as well. only $99 AUD. You can even sending sms, accepting or rejecting call as well.

YoshiFtJ

Oct 17, 2009
Seattle
I don't plan on sending texts as I bike, but read them and check caller ID, I'm usually meeting people so it would help greatly to take a glance to see what a text says.

I will look into all of these. I had no idea the Gear was rooted, very good to know.

Thanks a lot for all of the replies so far.

MontyMontie

Mar 29, 2012
I currently have the mq588-L which is ok for calls an texts but find the volume too low..not updates or hacks. Can make calls and text but no Facebook etc. Just bought the zgpax and it looks solid...can work with or without a phone...good speaker android 4.0, camera and can be rooted. Can't wait to get it

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I currently have a Pebble, SW2 and a Toq and all three will do what you mention. Controlling your music can be made easier with the use of third-party apps in the case of the Pebble and SW2 and sending text messages can be done in the form of pre-made "canned" messages directly from the watches themselves.

Sorry I do not have much info on the Omate or Gear, as I do not own those smartwatches myself (yet) :) .