[Q] How to go back to latest stock ROM?

Search This thread

naga.nino

Mar 24, 2013
Osijek
Hi. I just got my Moto G few days ago and I unlocked bootloader, rooted etc. So because of unlocking bootloader I guess I will not be able to get official motorola updates any more. My phone arrived with kk already, but I had some OTA update as soon as I turned the phone on and now it runs on 176.44.1.falcon_utms.Retail.en.GB. Now I want to explore some custom ROM-s and my question is how to go back to this ROM my phone is running on right now from custom rom? In this link http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14 I can see that the latest ROM I can flash is Blur_Version.174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB. As 176 is higher than 174 I guess that my phone is running on latter ROM.
In general, is there a way to update to latest stock ROM-s from Motorola after unlocking the bootloader?

BaghiXDA

Apr 17, 2014
Yes you can! I recently flash that particular UK ROM and even though it was 4.4.2 I still got an OTA update which had "rare network drops, low sound and etc" in the changelogs, so I'd assume it's the same one you mentioned earlier in your post. Also, I should mention that I didn't receive said update on my Retail Asia ROM or on GPE ROM (that's what I'm currently on). So in the nutshell, unlocking bootloader doesn't stop OTA updates rooting does.

Last edited:
Reactions: naga.nino

naga.nino

Mar 24, 2013
Osijek
That is good to know, thank you, but why would rooting itself stop OTA? Usually devices lose drm keys after unlocking a bootloader, I don't see why would rooting itself wipe drm... I guess you don't lose drm after unlocking bootloader than... That is very kind of Motorola. :D

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BaghiXDA

Apr 17, 2014
That is good to know, thank you, but why would rooting itself stop OTA? Usually devices lose drm keys after unlocking a bootloader, I don't see why would rooting itself wipe drm... I guess you don't lose drm after unlocking bootloader than... That is very kind of Motorola. :D

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well the unlocking bootloader procedure is mentioned on their own website, so that could be it I guess?. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes you can! I recently flash that particular UK ROM and even though it was 4.4.2 I still got an OTA update which had "rare network drops, low sound and etc" in the changelogs, so I'd assume it's the same one you mentioned earlier in your post. Also, I should mention that I didn't receive said update on my Retail Asia ROM or on GPE ROM (that's what I'm currently on). So in the nutshell, unlocking bootloader doesn't stop OTA updates rooting does.