FOTA 8.6.5.21 Fixes Sony & Panasonic HDMI Issues

Search This thread

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Typically, the ota updates mess up the permissions on the su binary, which breaks root. If you have cwm installed for the recovery, it might not flash, and even if it did, then it might fail because the updater-script expects and check that it's working on a stock system.

sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision

ngu1k

Nov 1, 2011
Surabaya
Typically, the ota updates mess up the permissions on the su binary, which breaks root. If you have cwm installed for the recovery, it might not flash, and even if it did, then it might fail because the updater-script expects and check that it's working on a stock system.

Thanks a lot

ngu1k@xda-premium

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
I'm working on a flashable version of the rom, but I need to find an upload site that will take over 200mb. It's the full rom :0

drosan

Aug 13, 2007
Got a new transformer, update it to 8.6.5.21 and like to install root. After that I read all the topics here.
Any idea, how long it takes, when we can root the new version?

foxtrotftw

Apr 24, 2011
Kansas
Got a new transformer, update it to 8.6.5.21 and like to install root. After that I read all the topics here.
Any idea, how long it takes, when we can root the new version?

bamp. I just got a new Transformer as well, (**** yea christmas) and was foolish enough to update before checking XDA. anyway, bamp to get this guy answered.

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
bamp. I just got a new Transformer as well, (**** yea christmas) and was foolish enough to update before checking XDA. anyway, bamp to get this guy answered.

The same from me. I was on 3.1, glad I updated even if it means I have to wait for a new root method.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Tazzaras

Dec 31, 2010
Reno
you will have to wait until new exploit is found and razorclaw is updated until then you will be stuck with non-root. Upside stock asus rom is not that bad compared to other tabs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Transformer went and downloaded the update on me. But since I haven't rebooted yet I'm still on .19 and rooted. I'm sure there is a file somewhere that I can delete to keep the update from happening. Can anyone point me to the update file to delete?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I posted a full, rooted rom in the dev section. You can flash it with cwm and it will upgrade, keep root, and leave recovery intact.

My Transformer went and downloaded the update on me. But since I haven't rebooted yet I'm still on .19 and rooted. I'm sure there is a file somewhere that I can delete to keep the update from happening. Can anyone point me to the update file to delete?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    In the Cache folder..look for dlpkgfile