[TUT] Flashing CWM Recovery in Linux

Search This thread

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
Before I go on, I'd like to say THANKS to @MaDaLiNoSt and @Ezzam_Itachi for and all others for helping me in my "tragic" incident about me not going to Recovery Mode and stuck in Linux.

So here we go.

Before we start, You'll need

1. Heimdall for Linux
2. CWMR from thewhisp
3. A S6500/D/L/T Phone
4. USB Cable

~PREPARE YOUR PC~

Firstly, prepare your Linux PC by installing Heimdall (which is easy to install by Googling).

Secondly, download thewhisp's CWMR, preferably the cwm-6.0.3.2-jena-build-2.tar because the 6.0.3.3 don't work when I tried flashing that.

Thirdly, you are gonna extract the CWMR file and put it on your Desktop for easy reference.

~PREPARE YOUR PHONE~

Firstly, go to Download/Odin Mode (Press buttons, Home + Vol Up + Vol Down)

Secondly, when you are in Download/Odin Mode already, press Vol Up and plug in your device to your computer.

~Flashy Time~

Firstly, on your computer, copy the path of the recovery.img that you saved in your Dekstop. (SHOWN IN PICTURE)
1401556364065.jpg

Secondly, start up your terminal and then type in sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY
"paste file path" (SHOWN IN PICTURE)
1401556429285.jpg

Once you right click and paste, it will do its thing. Leave like that and when its ALMOST DONE, hold down your home button and both vol buttons in order to go to recovery and to prevent from being like me previously when i cant go to recovery :))

Last edited:

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
If you can't flash cwm 6.0.3.3 from linux, use my attached file, and then flash it from phone, to update recovery and enjoy new features.

6601_560063320694653_1052173973_n.png
Ported to jena by @TheWhisp

Attachments

• cwm-6.0.3.3.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 722

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
But even if you were to flash your cwm version 6.0.3.3, we'd still be updating to 6.0.4.7 WHICH also has Advanced Restore. :)

Sent from my GT-S6500 using XDA Free mobile app

Ok, I can't select the best recovery for you...BUT 6.0.4.7, is unstable, heavy, loading commands slowly, have lag. If you want those ,,features,, just flash 6.0.4.7 :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before I go on, I'd like to say THANKS to @MaDaLiNoSt and @Ezzam_Itachi for and all others for helping me in my "tragic" incident about me not going to Recovery Mode and stuck in Linux.

So here we go.

Before we start, You'll need

1. Heimdall for Linux
    2. CWMR from thewhisp
    3. A S6500/D/L/T Phone
    4. USB Cable

~PREPARE YOUR PC~

Firstly, prepare your Linux PC by installing Heimdall (which is easy to install by Googling).

Secondly, download thewhisp's CWMR, preferably the cwm-6.0.3.2-jena-build-2.tar because the 6.0.3.3 don't work when I tried flashing that.

Thirdly, you are gonna extract the CWMR file and put it on your Desktop for easy reference.

~PREPARE YOUR PHONE~

Firstly, go to Download/Odin Mode (Press buttons, Home + Vol Up + Vol Down)

Secondly, when you are in Download/Odin Mode already, press Vol Up and plug in your device to your computer.

~Flashy Time~

Firstly, on your computer, copy the path of the recovery.img that you saved in your Dekstop. (SHOWN IN PICTURE)
    1401556364065.jpg

Secondly, start up your terminal and then type in sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY
    "paste file path" (SHOWN IN PICTURE)
    1401556429285.jpg

Once you right click and paste, it will do its thing. Leave like that and when its ALMOST DONE, hold down your home button and both vol buttons in order to go to recovery and to prevent from being like me previously when i cant go to recovery :))
    Good think you have revived from bootloop ..:victory::good: