[Q] LG Optimus G Sprint is stuck on android recovery system, screen is cracked?

Search This thread

angelottia

Jun 5, 2014
My LG Optimus G is stuck on the Android System Recovery screen. I can move up and down with the volume bar but I can select anything because you need to use the soft menu button and my screen is cracked there. Is there anyway to get around this? I've tried holding power and volume down to reset it but it just restarts and goes back to the recovery screen.

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
My LG Optimus G is stuck on the Android System Recovery screen. I can move up and down with the volume bar but I can select anything because you need to use the soft menu button and my screen is cracked there. Is there anyway to get around this? I've tried holding power and volume down to reset it but it just restarts and goes back to the recovery screen.

The power button should be the select. Press up or down on the volume to navigate and press power when you are where you want it to be.

Is the recovery stock or CWM? The power button should work either way for the select. Hope this helps.

also if you are just trying to restart, try holding down only power for about 20-30 seconds, it should do a hard shut down, then when you press power to turn on again it should go to the system.

angelottia

Jun 5, 2014
The power button should be the select. Press up or down on the volume to navigate and press power when you are where you want it to be.

Is the recovery stock or CWM? The power button should work either way for the select. Hope this helps.

also if you are just trying to restart, try holding down only power for about 20-30 seconds, it should do a hard shut down, then when you press power to turn on again it should go to the system.

I'm not sure if it's stock, it says Android Recovery System e3. It says to hit enter to choose an option but hitting the power button wouldn't select anything. I held down the power down and it shut off and isn't turning back on.

stonedgenius86

Jun 5, 2014
my lg optimus g turned off and now it wont come on or hold a charge

Well where do I start, I love this phone and I have not had a single issue with it until yesterday, took my phone off the charger in the am walked out the door , started my car went to make a phone call and my phone was off , tried to turn it on and to no avail, so i took the battery out of the phone (mind you this was quite an experience taking the back cover off) took care of that unhooked the battery let it sit for 5 minutes and it came back on like a charm , well as the day progressed my battery eventually died , so im thinking no biggie right? wrong tried to turn my phone on and nothing at all , just a solid red light which eventually cuts off but thats only when you put it on a charger and does nothing no blinking lights no power nothing. So ive been online following a bunch of different steps and the only thing i could do was put the phone into download mode when connected to a cpu but the cpu doesnt seem to see the device nor does it have power , im trying to fix this myself if possible, im really not trying to pay for a repalcement phone or wait 14 days to get another one so ill try as hard as i can here first and see if i can get some help.. PLEASE!!!! HELP!!!

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I'm not sure if it's stock, it says Android Recovery System e3. It says to hit enter to choose an option but hitting the power button wouldn't select anything. I held down the power down and it shut off and isn't turning back on.

Did the battery die? What happens when it is plugged in and you hold down the power? (to attempt to turn back on)