Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LaserSAIL

Oct 24, 2012
FAILED <status read failed < Too many links>>
finished. total time :4.382s
< waiting for device >

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

pretty sure i"m bricked

Not bricked at all I fixed and am downloading the jelly bean update and typing this message from the phone as we speak

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Did you have the phone in boot loader? Did you extract the zip before running? Did you run the bat file inside the folded with all the other files? What hardware does your computer have? What does the phone say now?

Edit: whoops, didn't see your last post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

LaserSAIL

Oct 24, 2012
I found another thread on the droid forum where someone had the same error as me and they were advised to update the Adbwinapi.dll and the fastboot in the folder. so i downloaded those two files replaced them and it worked first try. Before I found that I kept on getting <waiting for device> or flash failures at various points during the flash. The phone would not make it past apfastboot under any sort of boot normal, restore, factory reset. For about 5 hours I was convinced my phone was done, I even dug out my droid charge and started to charge it. But I am now on Jelly bean Rooted.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Depends on their stocks. I'd assume they would send out all the ones in their warehouse with ICS still on them and when they run out the JB phones will start shipping. Either way this would still work as long as you restore to 4.0.4 through it before root.

stjake

Mar 5, 2010
So I finally got my phone and went through the rooting process, I have root and I'm on JB, I triple checked, but I put my Titanium backup folder on my old SD card which before updating I could access on my new phone, but now I can't seem to get to pull it up. I keep getting "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.settings has stopped when I choose the storage option in settings. I also can't get my phone to show up as a removable drive to drop the files onto the internal memory. Besides that everything seems fine, any ideas?

dorugreymon

Apr 3, 2011
Hello, I'm using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD on the latest JB from system update. I get into fast boot mode by pressing volume down and power until the screen comes up, I tried downgrading to ICS with this utility but I get a bunch of cannot execute fastboot adb commands or something along those lines. I have tried multiple times. I will re-try and post a screenshot of the prompt if needed. Thanks!

Budnick

Feb 22, 2011
Chicago
The same

Hello, I'm using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD on the latest JB from system update. I get into fast boot mode by pressing volume down and power until the screen comes up, I tried downgrading to ICS with this utility but I get a bunch of cannot execute fastboot adb commands or something along those lines. I have tried multiple times. I will re-try and post a screenshot of the prompt if needed. Thanks!

I bought my razr last week also was updated to jellybean I tried the samething you did.
Same problem tried many times to root but no luck.
If you get it can you pm me to explain what you did?

dorugreymon

Apr 3, 2011
Any info/help on this, yet?

I bought my razr last week also was updated to jellybean I tried the samething you did.
Same problem tried many times to root but no luck.
If you get it can you pm me to explain what you did?
I sent you a PM regarding the steps I followed. I hope to hear your reply.

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
You cannot go back to ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Really? Not to take up too much of your time Matt, but would you mind elaborating a little why not? I took the JB system OTA, but was able to revert back to ICS using the utility no problem (had to in order to root the phone - my mistake not doing it before taking the update). What's different with their situation? Probably something critical that I'm missing from their typed out situation. Forgive me, I'm a little under the weather :)

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Really? Not to take up too much of your time Matt, but would you mind elaborating a little why not? I took the JB system OTA, but was able to revert back to ICS using the utility no problem (had to in order to root the phone - my mistake not doing it before taking the update). What's different with their situation? Probably something critical that I'm missing from their typed out situation. Forgive me, I'm a little under the weather :)

Whoops! I thought I was in my DROID RAZR XT912 thread. You can definitely go back to ICS on the HD lol

dorugreymon

Apr 3, 2011

So can anyone help with this/getting back to ICS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Drivers installed? Did you unzip the file before running the bat file? Did you unzip it all in one place?

Serial_Noob

Dec 15, 2011
Tennessee
So I finally got my phone and went through the rooting process, I have root and I'm on JB, I triple checked, but I put my Titanium backup folder on my old SD card which before updating I could access on my new phone, but now I can't seem to get to pull it up. I keep getting "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.settings has stopped when I choose the storage option in settings. I also can't get my phone to show up as a removable drive to drop the files onto the internal memory. Besides that everything seems fine, any ideas?
If you do indeed have root, FTPDroidPRO will let you transfer files to your Droid from your laptop. You just need to be sure they're both connected to the same WiFi router. FTPDroidPRO will tell you what IP address to use for anonymous ftp. One of its settings is what home folder to use for anonymous. Set it to / and you'll have visibility of the whole phone. The External SD is in /mnt/external1.

sin3r

Dec 28, 2012
Have a big problem

Well y was try to instal dualbox on my Motorola xt910 and when finish to instal android jelly bean the phone is turn off and now i can"t turn on bcz when i connect it on phone charger appear that desktop when show me M and is block there . And i think cuz delete all bcz i try to reset it to factory and noting pls help

dorugreymon

Apr 3, 2011

Drivers installed? Did you unzip the file before running the bat file? Did you unzip it all in one place?

All unzipped in one place, drivers are installed correctly as far as I know. I've been through the rooting process with my Nexus 10, so I'm not completely clueless. I installed drivers from the Motorola website, is that the coirrect way? Let me know what I can do to fix my problem, and thanks for your response :) .

The picture I uploaded is the error I get after entering AP Fastboot. My battery is at 100%, and I chose AP Fastboot from the list when prompted. I still get all those errors, I have also tried with a factory reset, re-downloaded all the files, and re-installed drivers. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Attachments

• cmd.jpg
    cmd.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
All unzipped in one place, drivers are installed correctly as far as I know. I've been through the rooting process with my Nexus 10, so I'm not completely clueless. I installed drivers from the Motorola website, is that the coirrect way? Let me know what I can do to fix my problem, and thanks for your response :) .

The picture I uploaded is the error I get after entering AP Fastboot. My battery is at 100%, and I chose AP Fastboot from the list when prompted. I still get all those errors, I have also tried with a factory reset, re-downloaded all the files, and re-installed drivers. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Nothing is wrong with your phone or drivers or data.... the problem is you need to unzip it to its own folder on the desktop. If you put it on the root of a harddrive it requires root access and gets messy.

dorugreymon

Apr 3, 2011
EDIT: I have tried again and it worked great. I have one more question to ask though, what is Safestrap and do I need it for keeping root on JB.
Thanks again for all your help.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts