HOW TO SIM-Unlock SoftBank X01ht post April (white versions) with radio 1.14.01.10

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Here's how to unlock the new batch of SoftBank X01HT devices with radio 1.14.01.10.

This process is ONLY valid for new devices which have never turned on or let the SoftBank Extended ROM install.

If you have already let the ExtROM install you CAN'T sim-unlock it.

In \Extended_ROM there's a file named update_h182.exe, this is what updates the radio bootloader to 0182, and what is preventing to flash the patched radio to SIM-Unlock.

The log file of the Radio bootloader upgrade can be found in \windows\udp.log, if you have already let the ExtROM run it looks like this:

Code:
01:07:29 [msg] : Start. Version : v2.80
01:07:29 [msg] : QCT Retry Process Loop, Retry Times=0.
01:07:29 [msg] : QCT CreateFile (MSM1:) OK, Handle=278e43a.
01:07:29 [msg] : CreateEvent (RxDataFromQCT) OK, Handle=0xc278e2a2.
01:07:29 [msg] : QCT DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_QCT_REGISTER_EVENT) OK.
01:07:29 [msg] : CreateThread (Read QCT Data) OK, Handle=2278e5a2.
01:07:29 [msg] : CeSetThreadPriority (130) OK, bRet=1, Error Code=0
01:07:29 [msg] : QCT dload OK
01:07:29 [msg] : rget=4
01:07:29 [msg] : do rversion........
01:07:29 [msg] : rget=4
01:07:29 [msg] : got rversion=82
01:07:29 [err] : Do not need to update Boot image.
01:07:29 [msg] : CloseThread (Read QCT Data), Handle=2278e5a2, Result=1.

Here's how to SIM-Unlock:

• Take a NEW unit, one where you have _NEVER_ powered it on and let the ExtROM install.
  • Power it on for the first time, and softreset when it asks you to wait 3 seconds, don't let the ExtROM install (this is the most important!)
  • Run Hermes_Unlocker v3a, radio 1.16 should be flashed :)
  • After the radio flash, run Herm_Unlock_v3a.exe on your phone and select SIM unlock only, wait for success message.
  • Once unlocked, flash the attached file SoftBank_1.33.761.4_ExtROM, this contains the default SoftBank ExtROM except the file "update_h182.exe", so the radio bootloader will never be upgraded to 0182, and you can safely hard reset and let the ExtROM install.

For people who already let the ExtROM install and have already the 0182 radio bootloader, please wait until we find a solution to flash radio, at the moment there's nothing you can do :(

Attachments

• SoftBank_1.33.761.4_ExtROM.zip
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 6,780
Last edited:

auyongtc

Feb 21, 2007
pof, you roxx! :)

I'm getting my unit tomorrow, but I don't think the staff will let me do that because over here, they need to initialize the USIM card by using it on the new phone and dial a particular number... :(

Any idea?

shunsai

Apr 4, 2007
大阪府
Here's how to unlock the new batch of SoftBank X01HT devices with radio 1.14.01.10.

happy happy, joy joy!! :D

This process is ONLY valid for new devices which have never turned on or let the SoftBank Extended ROM install.

For people who already let the ExtROM install and have already the 0182 radio bootloader, please wait until we find a solution to flash radio, at the moment there's nothing you can't do :(

bubble burst. :(

well, good effort anyway pof. all your hard work is appreciated. hope it will help some fortunate few who don't try testing their phone beforehand at the softbank store. hope the 0182 generation don't get completely left out in the cold. it's lonely being all sim-locked up in here. ;)

btw, still no way to actually check the radio bootloader myself, right?

kayzee

Mar 28, 2007
KLN

Sorry, I am a newbie....
I dont understand what mean by this sentence

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
When you power on the device for the first time, you have to align screen, copy-paste appointment, etc... after that a message says "device customization will begin in 3 seconds":
- If you wait 3 seconds and let the process run, then you will not be able to sim-unlock.
- If you soft reset with stylus and don't let the process run, you will be able to sim-unlock.

Asukal

When you power on the device for the first time, you have to align screen, copy-paste appointment, etc... after that a message says "device customization will begin in 3 seconds":
- If you wait 3 seconds and let the process run, then you will not be able to sim-unlock.
- If you soft reset with stylus and don't let the process run, you will be able to sim-unlock.

Great! as usual!
:D

kayzee

Mar 28, 2007
KLN

GREAT!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

gusduff

Mar 6, 2007
Hi Pof, phone unlocked ok. Ran the ExtRom Patch, and could not see the Ext_ROM folder, tried also Hermes_MountExtromV2 and V3. No luck. Any ideas?

Best, Gus

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Yes, the ExtROM patcher only works for WM6... for WM5 you need a different dll (read through the thread, if I recall correctly Olipro posted it there). Other option is to reflash the ExtROM with another one not containing the dangerous file.

gusduff

Mar 6, 2007
gusduff, you must have some crazy connection to x01hts. i could've sworn in the other thread when you said you had one of each color with the 1.14.01.10 that you had turned them on to check! :eek: or did you find some way around that?

ha ha...just know some nice ppl dealing in Jap phones and they have lots of it..:)

war123

Feb 14, 2007

You're really a great man, pof.
I'm going to get X01ht in week, I have some question could you please help me
- Ater the message says "device customization will begin in 3 seconds", I will use the stylus to soft reset it, it will continue booting and ignore the update processing ExtRom or It will reboot the system and ignore the update process?

- If I successfully for ignore the update process, the phone still working normally at that time, I mean can be called, received, mail, ... ? Because I'm afraid the SB staff need to activate the SIM in x01ht phone?

Thank you very much