54.2 KB · Views: 898
  • Screen007-9.jpg
    Screen007-9.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:

jale

Looks and feels realy good.

Two issues:
1: When someone rings me, the phone wont play the ring-tone. Its just silent, and it doesn't vibrate either.
2: If you see that someone is calling you, the phone use like 5-6 seconds to find the number that is calling in your phonelist, so before that, it just shows the number, not the name (if you have the number stored).

The phone have freezed on me once with this ROM also, but no biggie...

edit:
Tested the phone again now, and the two issues above is no longer present. Makes me wonder if its the LG KU990 i tried to call from yesterday that is wrong. Usen a Qtek8310 now.
edit2:
Issue still exist when calling from the KU990 to the Pharos. KU990 to Qtek8310 works fine, Pharos to KU990 works fine, the only thing that is "lagging" is from KU990 to the Pharos. It takes about 1 ring for the "incoming call" screen on the pharos to appear, and about 4-5 rings for the sound/vibrate to start. If I have the phone in my pocket, and someone calls me, and I don't know it before 4-5 rings (15+ sec), its a big chance that the caller have hang up...
No matter if I don't have a pic for the contact, just ring (no vibrate), or ringtone on the mem-card or phone main memory.

Please say if anyone else have had this issue. Ask whoever calls you if they have been calling for a long time before you picked it up :p

If anyone have a video-recorder application for WM, I can make a video to show you.

Last edited:

thiti1999

Jan 23, 2007
Try this!

Looks and feels realy good.

Two issues:
1: When someone rings me, the phone wont play the ring-tone. Its just silent, and it doesn't vibrate either.
2: If you see that someone is calling you, the phone use like 5-6 seconds to find the number that is calling in your phonelist, so before that, it just shows the number, not the name (if you have the number stored).

The phone have freezed on me once with this ROM also, but no biggie...

edit:
Tested the phone again now, and the two issues above is no longer present. Makes me wonder if its the LG KU990 i tried to call from yesterday that is wrong. Usen a Qtek8310 now.
edit2:
Issue still exist when calling from the KU990 to the Pharos. KU990 to Qtek8310 works fine, Pharos to KU990 works fine, the only thing that is "lagging" is from KU990 to the Pharos. It takes about 1 ring for the "incoming call" screen on the pharos to appear, and about 4-5 rings for the sound/vibrate to start. If I have the phone in my pocket, and someone calls me, and I don't know it before 4-5 rings (15+ sec), its a big chance that the caller have hang up...
No matter if I don't have a pic for the contact, just ring (no vibrate), or ringtone on the mem-card or phone main memory.

Please say if anyone else have had this issue. Ask whoever calls you if they have been calling for a long time before you picked it up :p

If anyone have a video-recorder application for WM, I can make a video to show you.

Pls, try this cab file for serve your problem. Install to main memory.
Cheers :D

Attachments

• OpalPhoneCanvas.zip
    818 KB · Views: 92

zwergholdrio

Jan 13, 2009
got the same feeling that it's not much different than 6.1... therefore I burned back to iolite v01 :)

Is there a changelog to 6.5 already?

jale

New phonecanvas didn't help a bit!

Also, when I get an incomming call, and i press the green hard-button (no "answer-button" on screen), it takes 4-5 seconds before the phone stops ringing, and the connection is established.
This, together with the other thing, is a major setback for me, and I consider going back to poldo's iolite. The new icons on the top bar and the slightly increased speed isn't that much worth.

(The opal phonecanvas also replaced the new E/G icon, and the battery icon on top bar. It is also very sluggish when you try to answer the call by sliding the slider.)