Mar 7, 2014

Attachments

• 2014-04-08_20-56-18.png
    2014-04-08_20-56-18.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,343
Last edited:

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
Dreamstream is apparently the same product that was released March 10 as "Wondershare Media Center" version 1.0.0, and then abandoned a few days later (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2676575). Presumably mini_wan can tell us, since he was the original poster in that thread too, and he seems to be a company rep.

Funny, the download file name still ends in _full1694, same as the Wondershare Media Center installer. Is that a build number or something else? I hope it's an improved version, since the original showed lots of promise, but too many bugs.

Unfortunately it looks like it will take a while to find out. Setup file corrupted.

...and now the links have been removed. I guess it's not quite ready. Check back later!

Last edited:
Reactions: akiv

mini_wan

Mar 7, 2014
Dreamstream is apparently the same product that was released March 10 as "Wondershare Media Center" version 1.0.0, and then abandoned a few days later (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2676575). Presumably mini_wan can tell us, since he was the original poster in that thread too, and he seems to be a company rep.

Funny, the download file name still ends in _full1694, same as the Wondershare Media Center installer. Is that a build number or something else? I hope it's an improved version, since the original showed lots of promise, but too many bugs.

Unfortunately it looks like it will take a while to find out. Setup file corrupted.

...and now the links have been removed. I guess it's not quite ready. Check back later!

Previous versions has some problems in our program, but the current version we have made a lot of changes in the quality of cast .we have ​​great improvements, have solved the audio and video sync issues. We will launch a better version in the near future and look forward to your suggestions

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
Ok, now the installer works. Not much different from Wondershare Media Center but the name though.

- It still crashes in DeviceDiscovery.dll on startup if there's a Roku device present on the network
- It still wants to automatically index all drives on the system, with no choice of folders to be indexed, file types to be indexed, or location to store the index
- Transcoding works, but there's a lot of pauses and the Chromecast often freezes permanently
- It still leaves WSHelper running, although at least it doesn't seem to install it to auto-run on startup

So, not much to show for a month's work. :(

mini_wan

Mar 7, 2014
Ok, now the installer works. Not much different from Wondershare Media Center but the name though.

- It still crashes in DeviceDiscovery.dll on startup if there's a Roku device present on the network
- It still wants to automatically index all drives on the system, with no choice of folders to be indexed, file types to be indexed, or location to store the index
- Transcoding works, but there's a lot of pauses and the Chromecast often freezes permanently
- It still leaves WSHelper running, although at least it doesn't seem to install it to auto-run on startup

So, not much to show for a month's work. :(

What version of the product you are using?

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
Actually it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Wondershare\DreamStream\Log on my Win7 64-bit system. How do you want me to send it to you?

The log file doesn't show where the program crashes in DeviceDiscovery.dll. I already reported the details of that crash in the old thread about Wondershare Media Center.

Do you want the log entries for the media items where the transcoder had problems and the Chromecast froze?

Cast ALL your PC movie to HDTV through Google ChromeCast without quality loss

So I read this and then I read comments about transcoding. If this app is transcoding then there in quality loss. Does this support mkv? Including vc1 video? What about audio formats.

I've tried to run this but it will not run on my 8.1 laptop, so before I waste anymore time is it really "ALL with NO quality loss"?

I'm sorry if I sound confrontational, but when you make claims like that, you're gonna get held to it.

zorro1480

Mar 30, 2014
Work for me!

I have a netbook, acer aspire one, 2g of ram, and it work very well!!
The only thing is that subtitles are not suported.
I only try with .avi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

.avi played fine, small quality loss though