[Q] best ROM

Search This thread

aljazyzek

Feb 19, 2012
hi

i am searching for best ROM that has best performance for gaming and low power consumption.

currently i have installed OMNIROM but the batery drain is awfull.
also i wannt to change battery,wifi,...icons.i am using rom tollbox pro for changing wifi,signal,battery icons but it doesnt work i dont know for any other way to change it.

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
hi

i am searching for best ROM that has best performance for gaming and low power consumption.

currently i have installed OMNIROM but the battery drain is awful.
also i want to change battery,wifi,...icons.i am using rom tollbox pro for changing wifi,signal,battery icons but it doesn't work I don't know for any other way to change it.

Hi
P6 is 6 mm.. it's not made for gaming at all but for design and use like a smartphone need to be used ..

The problem it's the fact that huawei don't give us the kernel source of KK (we need to use official kernel) so in custom rom the power consumption is high so use a JB custom rom, or go to Official KK and install Xposed Framework (for personalisations)

expl8rer

Aug 20, 2014
Hi
P6 is 6 mm.. it's not made for gaming at all but for design and use like a smartphone need to be used ..

The problem it's the fact that huawei don't give us the kernel source of KK (we need to use official kernel) so in custom rom the power consumption is high so use a JB custom rom, or go to Official KK and install Xposed Framework (for personalisations)

Thank you,i have installed Latest KK Paranoid rom and power consumption is much lover now,i am still wondering how to change statusbar icons and if ART works with this rom and will the power consumption be higher if i turn it on?

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
Thank you,i have installed Latest KK Paranoid rom and power consumption is much lover now,i am still wondering how to change statusbar icons and if ART works with this rom and will the power consumption be higher if i turn it on?

You are lucky many people don't like Paranoid for the power consumption i'm too on it and for a daily use it's good.

Paranoid use the theme application from CM11/PAC/ and others you need to download one (on the playstore for exemple and go to settings > theme and in style you can change the icons by apply one of your downloaded theme.

You shouldn't use ART even in KitKat this functionality is in beta and it's doesn't change nothing just some app don't work because they are not upgrade to run on ART.

Good Luck

expl8rer

Aug 20, 2014
You are lucky many people don't like Paranoid for the power consumption i'm too on it and for a daily use it's good.

Paranoid use the theme application from CM11/PAC/ and others you need to download one (on the playstore for exemple and go to settings > theme and in style you can change the icons by apply one of your downloaded theme.

You shouldn't use ART even in KitKat this functionality is in beta and it's doesn't change nothing just some app don't work because they are not upgrade to run on ART.

Good Luck

Oh great,thank you

Do you recomend any other apps? for ram bosting,cpu setting,....?

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
Oh great,thank you

Do you recomend any other apps? for ram bosting,cpu setting,....?

Nos specially all you need is in the settings > performances or in SOP application i just have :

CleanMaster to clean memory

NotificationOff to hide DolbySound notification

But look others CM applications like CM browser (the fastest i know)

and i just have BuiltProp Editor to change the density

I don't need more but i think i will reinstall RAM manager i used it on my Galaxy S 2

If you have interessant app :confused:

Last edited:

expl8rer

Aug 20, 2014
Nos specially all you need is in the settings > performances or in SOP application i just have :

CleanMaster to clean memory

NotificationOff to hide DolbySound notification

But look others CM applications like CM browser (the fastest i know)

and i just have BuiltProp Editor to change the density

I don't need more but i think i will reinstall RAM manager i used it on my Galaxy S 2

If you have interessant app :confused:

Okay,so i can download CM apps from google store or from net?
im runing this ROM for three days now and i dont have any problems except in google store i have to download app twice cause in first try i always get an error,but thats not a big problem

oh is there any site with free CM11 themes?

richish

Dec 22, 2011
I was on PA.
Nice ROM ,lot costumation, nice themes etc.
But i changed to AOSPA!!! Why ???
Its more clean i can add enything i whant with exposed or playstore and atutu score is bigger. I more happy with this rome,if i not play games it batery can hold about 2-3 days.

Here is some screens

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1409149739767.jpg
    1409149739767.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 1409149759475.jpg
    1409149759475.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 1409149768055.jpg
    1409149768055.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 42

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
Okay,so i can download CM apps from google store or from net?
im runing this ROM for three days now and i dont have any problems except in google store i have to download app twice cause in first try i always get an error,but thats not a big problem

oh is there any site with free CM11 themes?

You can find lots of theme on XDA in themer section just search on the forum. Or in the playstore it's the most simple way to found good themes.

I was on PA.
Nice ROM ,lot costumation, nice themes etc.
But i changed to AOSPA!!! Why ???
Its more clean i can add enything i whant with exposed or playstore and atutu score is bigger. I more happy with this rome,if i not play games it batery can hold about 2-3 days.

Here is some screens

AOSPA is Paranoid Android did you mean AOSP ?

AOSP is a too basic android version for me in AOSPA there is hover (notifications at the top), pie (for the immersive mod) and Peek in settings > display (for lockscreen notification)
And for theming you need Xposed and it's a bit more difficult to use than CM11theming app

richish

Dec 22, 2011
yea i mean AOSP

To get all that u need just a exposed+ gravity box
and for theme u need exposed + hk theme manager ( aplly any cm/pa theme )

What is your antutu score at moment?

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
yea i mean AOSP

To get all that u need just a exposed+ gravity box
and for theme u need exposed + hk theme manager ( aplly any cm/pa theme )

What is your antutu score at moment?

Thanks but I don't look at this it's not a very good indication.
I will try ..

EDIT : The app crashed x)
Second try : About 13500 but no lag no bugs can play Fifa 14 with no lag between 1 Go and 1.2Go free RAM (with Ram manager pro) why i don't agree with this (My old Galaxy S2 had 11000 with custom rom don't remember the name .. overclocked 2x1.6 ghz and 1Go of RAM)

expl8rer

Aug 20, 2014
Do you guys have busybox and metamorph instaled? cause i cant get them to work :S busybox stucks at 1.97% for smart and metamorph gets this error metamorph system could not be mounted as rw

i am doing this so i can change battery icon with rom toolbox pro

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks but I don't look at this it's not a very good indication.
I will try ..

EDIT : The app crashed x)
Second try : About 13500 but no lag no bugs can play Fifa 14 with no lag between 1 Go and 1.2Go free RAM (with Ram manager pro) why i don't agree with this (My old Galaxy S2 had 11000 with custom rom don't remember the name .. overclocked 2x1.6 ghz and 1Go of RAM)

15.5 k without any bostters. :):D

Attachments

• 1409211237492.jpg
    1409211237492.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 33