[Q] Unlocking Sim for International use (Sprint)

Search This thread
Apr 25, 2014
Hi,

I am going to go to brazil & Argentina in about a month and I'd like to use my Sprint Galaxy note 3 (SM-N900P) so I can use a local sim card over there. is that even possible with a CDMA phone? Do I need to root the phone to do it? What's my best option?

so far I only saw articles about unlocking to US carriers.

thank you!

eljapa

Nov 26, 2008
Is the best you can do call sprint i have one and i tried to unlock it with my unlock boxes and i have no luck.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles
Is the best you can do call sprint i have one and i tried to unlock it with my unlock boxes and i have no luck.

I've been searching through the Sprint Note 3 forums for the last 3-4 weeks and haven't found anything that can do this.

This exact question has been asked in various Q&A and General forums in the past month. OP should have posted in those instead of creating a new thread.

Regardless, in all of those threads no one has offered up anything other than calling Sprint. For the time being, it's the only "solution."

Edit: Having multiple threads for the same questions makes it difficult to find the information you're looking for. If we have one Q&A thread that has this question answered it's much easier to find that information when looking for it. If I have to open up 4 or 5 different threads just to find the one that has the answer, it's annoying. Yes, there are people like me who will do the dirty work of linking the other threads, but still, you have to look through a ton of threads to find the answer. It's much better (and easier) to "bump" an existing thread with something like the following:

Hey all,

I have the exact same question as the OP. Is there a way to unlock the phone for international use? I know that a month ago the only way was to call Sprint. Has that changed in the last month?

Regards,
Topher

Replying to an existing thread with "bump" doesn't really add anything to the discussion and is annoying. Doing what I suggested will let others know that you actually read the original thread and understood what they said. Creating a new thread will make people like me assume that you didn't search and just want an "easy" answer. There are even those who will actively antagonize people who do this (i.e. trolls). Don't give the trolls food (by creating new posts to already asked questions) and they won't come out and troll.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7omatero
Apr 25, 2014
Although complex and not available to people on contract, Can this be a solution???

1. Using the Sim Unlocking method for U.S carriers - Unlock your sim to another carrier ( I am thinking of trying t-mobile because of their free international data roaming).
2. switch to that carrier and port your number using your Sprint note 3.
3. have your new carrier unlock sim card.
4. optional : Switch back to Sprint.

What do you think?

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Put a T-Mobile Sim card in and it says invalid Sim ... Sprint has to unlock ... no way around it

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

slolankn

Jul 4, 2006
Search XDA for for --> [GUIDE] SIM Unlock Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Lollipop 5.0.x

same method works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've been searching through the Sprint Note 3 forums for the last 3-4 weeks and haven't found anything that can do this.

This exact question has been asked in various Q&A and General forums in the past month. OP should have posted in those instead of creating a new thread.

Regardless, in all of those threads no one has offered up anything other than calling Sprint. For the time being, it's the only "solution."

Edit: Having multiple threads for the same questions makes it difficult to find the information you're looking for. If we have one Q&A thread that has this question answered it's much easier to find that information when looking for it. If I have to open up 4 or 5 different threads just to find the one that has the answer, it's annoying. Yes, there are people like me who will do the dirty work of linking the other threads, but still, you have to look through a ton of threads to find the answer. It's much better (and easier) to "bump" an existing thread with something like the following:

Hey all,

I have the exact same question as the OP. Is there a way to unlock the phone for international use? I know that a month ago the only way was to call Sprint. Has that changed in the last month?

Regards,
    Topher

Replying to an existing thread with "bump" doesn't really add anything to the discussion and is annoying. Doing what I suggested will let others know that you actually read the original thread and understood what they said. Creating a new thread will make people like me assume that you didn't search and just want an "easy" answer. There are even those who will actively antagonize people who do this (i.e. trolls). Don't give the trolls food (by creating new posts to already asked questions) and they won't come out and troll.