[ROM] GALAXIAN - A worthy replecement for the stock ROM

Search This thread

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
Stuck in bootup

I m not having any luck with my rotten SGS, I ve been tru many different andriod phs n window phs and i ve custom every single one of them BUT over the past week i ve tried most all the roms here n i never ve had so many soft brick despite following instructions to the T, never had so many FC as well on tweak stock or customs n thinking of disposing it 2moro. Thought i give it one more go with Galaxian n u know what "I M STUCK IN THE LOADING MODE ON 1ST BOOT FOR 30 MINS NOW" I wipe every damn thing b4 flashing, when i took out the battery n try to go to recovery to reflash it goes into Galaxian loading mode again, fortunately i m able to go into download mode which means ODIN again for the 100th time this week. Can anyone pl tell me what is wrong with my DAMN SGS?:mad::mad::mad:

darckengel

Apr 13, 2011
Please compare debug infos output from my ROM and the others and you will see the difference :)

I can see the how is my bettery life, and there is no magic on having 5 days battery life.
And it's like when you say that it's the only rom which autoconvert to ext4 at install.
It's wrong, all roms using a voodoo lagfix kernel autoconvert to ext4...

siky_dude

Nov 21, 2010
Constanta
I can see the how is my bettery life, and there is no magic on having 5 days battery life.
And it's like when you say that it's the only rom which autoconvert to ext4 at install.

this one converts at flashing, so yeah, the first one that uses this :)

i also flashed it by the recomendation of someone, ended up bricking my phone, back to miui for me :D

Lukiqq

Jul 19, 2007
Lubań
Asus Zenfone 9

Man, I mean the method used to achieve this... Converting script was written by guy named navenedrob for Fascinate and was modified to suit our i9000.

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
I have this ported already for the Infuse 4G, and I must say it a Fantastic rom. So if someone thinks there is a problem with it tell them it run perfect on the Infuse, so it must be user error. Lol . Great work dev.:D

Sent from my SGH-I997 using GALAXIAN v1 Overclocked at 1.6Mhz STABLE:)

kircchoffs

Apr 1, 2011
been looking for fast and battery friendly rom for my wife's SGS1. think i found it here. thanks! hope you get SGS2 too!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
I m not having any luck with my rotten SGS, I ve been tru many different andriod phs n window phs and i ve custom every single one of them BUT over the past week i ve tried most all the roms here n i never ve had so many soft brick despite following instructions to the T, never had so many FC as well on tweak stock or customs n thinking of disposing it 2moro. Thought i give it one more go with Galaxian n u know what "I M STUCK IN THE LOADING MODE ON 1ST BOOT FOR 30 MINS NOW" I wipe every damn thing b4 flashing, when i took out the battery n try to go to recovery to reflash it goes into Galaxian loading mode again, fortunately i m able to go into download mode which means ODIN again for the 100th time this week. Can anyone pl tell me what is wrong with my DAMN SGS?:mad::mad::mad:

have you tried full reset before and after flash, then wipe cache and dalvik cache, that normally ensures no issues

Sent using TCP/IP

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
have you tried full reset before and after flash, then wipe cache and dalvik cache, that normally ensures no issues

Sent using TCP/IP

I just installed it after using odin to flash stock n cfroot kernel n this time "NO WIPE" installation success. So info for others u can flash without wiping, it works for me. Only hope that i do not get FC n horrific battery life with the other roms.:D:D:D

theduckking

Aug 16, 2010
Hahahahahahahahahaha, nailed it again. Lololololols. Btw, how much of salt. Pinch or tablespoon??

You get the right amount on it by submerging the whole phone in seawater ;)

looks nice, I'm slowly getting tired of ICS with it's silly short battery life^^ I see a bright future, but not now, not in this year anyway. I'll definitely use this rom should I come back to sammy based ones

Lukiqq

Jul 19, 2007
Lubań
Asus Zenfone 9
Guys, you may experience lag when using TW4. I don't know why, but fourth version of TouchWiz Launcher is doing like that on i9000 :/ Updated version will probably have modified stock TW3 with default 5 screens and third as home screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    galaxian.png

WIPE! THIS ROM CONTAINS EXT4 AUTOCONVERT SCRIPT WHICH MEANS THAT IT WILL FORMAT YOUR PARTITIONS*!

*all of your data on internal and external memory will remain!

DON'T WANT TO WIPE? NOT A PROBLEM! Just replace META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script with the one from attached archive and you will get no-wipe version

odinr.png

When you are on CM or MIUI you HAVE to use ODIN first!

V6 MAIN CHANGES

• new Glass lockscreen with "on touch" puzzle glow (AOSP CWM package attached)
    • TouchWiz4 launcher from Galaxy W with motion notifications removed and home screen selection
    • bluetooth is now working correctly (paired and fully tested with another Galaxy S and LG KU970)
    • ported media scanner module from Galaxy W framework (media scanner is now faster)
    • minor changes like different on/off sounds and changed default wallpaper

V5 MAIN CHANGES

• AOSP lockscreen with custom wallpaper support and removed vibrations on sliders touch
    • TouchWiz3 with semitransparent applications menu
    • keyboard sounds are now calmer
    • keylights are now on whenever you touch the screen
    • removed CRT-ON animation because of its lag
    • BT issue fixed
    • Galaxian kernel 1.2 with some minor changes
    • CWM installation script changed

V4 MAIN CHANGES

• no more lag when using TouchWiz IndexScrollView (Contacts list, Music Player)
    • notification area is now looking better (i9001/Player appearance)
    • updated JVU_V1 kernel (battery charging, touchscreen adjustments, light sensor)
    • updated GAPS (Maps, GoogleSearch) and bundled software
    • auto brightness steps adjust (lower minimum value)
    • new Email app from different Samsung model

V3 MAIN CHANGES

• fixed problems connected to the missing CSC
    • stock Android first startup wizard
    • XXJVU Modem
    • rebuilded Galaxian kernel JVU_V1 based on JVU initramfs (more stable, wifi buffer, tuned colors)
    • disabled scrolling cache at all
    • less debug infos when using TouchWiz scrolling modules (Contacts for ex.)
    • nicer transitions animation, fancy onscreen keypad animation
    • updated GAPS (Maps, Market) and bundled software
    • Nexus S volume panel behaviour (vibrates twice when muted)

V2 MAIN CHANGES

• TouchWiz3 instead of 4 because of speed and no lag. There are 5 homescreens by default with third as home screen. Default number of available homescreens and default homescreen can be changed by editing default.prop file in /system.
    • possibility to choose phone language after first boot
    • sound effects are now calmer because of audio definition files taken from Captivate
    • new WeatherWidget version with default 4x2 size
    • Clock app is now able to manage up to 255 alarms instead of standard 10
    • replaced libsql.so library

GALAXIAN ROM FEATURES

• Galaxian kernel based on most recent initramfs with CIFS module build in and 344MB RAM
    • automatically converting all RFS -> EXT4 partitions when apply (navenedrob) [never used in any other SGS ROM before]
    • deodexed by me
    • removed useless, battery eating debug infos from framework files
    • BLN support
    • no lag browser
    • photo editor ported from SGS2
    • stock VoiceRecorder app is now recording in .3ga format (3GPP) like SGS2, instead of old scratchy .amr - huge improvement in recording quality (44kHZ instead of 8kHZ and multiple times higher bitrate)
    • dock menu in Settings
    • added 45 seconds display timeout in Settings
    • completely removed Software Update from Settings menu and corresponding OTA files (no more useless OTA service in RAM)
    • CRT effect on display ON and OFF
    • no overscroll glow effect
    • mixed libs to better performance
    • XXJVT modem
    • new lights sensor library
    • adjusted light sensor steps for better accuracy
    • Epic 4G TouchWiz4 Launcher
    • KiesAir included
    • SGS2 keyboard with 20 T9 languages
    • slightly modified stock theme
    • battery icon with percentages with 1% step
    • replaced icons and graphics in some apps for better looking
    • AOSP lockscreen with custom wallpaper support
    • 18 Samsung livewallpapers from different phone models
    • notifications icons mixed with those from SGS2 & Nexus S
    • DTMF tones instead of Waterdrop when using keypad
    • extended power menu without title
    • SMS hack
    • hacked Camera app. with Camcoder shortcut enabled instead of separate app.
    • modern looking stock Gallery
    • updated GAPPS
    • removed some useless and ugly looking Samsung widgets
    • News & Weather widget from Nexus S
    • new boot and shutdown animation
    • tons of new ringtones and notification sounds (HTC + Samsung Droid Charge + Nexus S and others)
    • Talk2 with video support

Download

GALAXIAN ROM V6

GALAXIAN ROM V5

I have made this ROM for myself, if you want to use it, please do not complain, respect my will and do not demand features completely not matching direction taken.
    All good things come to an end... Today I gave my Galaxy S to my father, because of his age he needs it more than me (relative big and easy to read display). Now I have Xperia Neo V which seems to be not that bad ;) Thank you guys for all your support!
    V3 is comming.
    Could You just set it as stock rom made by samsung ? i would like to use modified rom but not modified in the way of how interface is working - just untouched rom + :

Galaxian kernel based on most recent initramfs with CIFS module build in and 344MB RAM
    deodexed by me
    removed useless, battery eating debug infos from framework files
    stock VoiceRecorder app is now recording in .3ga format (3GPP) like SGS2, instead of old scratchy .amr - huge improvement in recording quality (44kHZ instead of 8kHZ and multiple times higher bitrate)
    CRT effect on display ON and OFF
    mixed libs to better performance
    XXJVT modem
    new lights sensor library
    adjusted light sensor steps for better accuracy
    SGS2 keyboard with 20 T9 languages
    slightly modified stock theme
    AOSP lockscreen with custom wallpaper support
    18 Samsung livewallpapers from different phone models
    extended power menu without title
    removed some useless and ugly looking Samsung widgets
    new boot and shutdown animation
    tons of new ringtones and notification sounds (HTC + Samsung Droid Charge + Nexus S and others)
    Talk2 with video support

and that's it i only want that

I've made this ROM for myself, I preffer 5 screens layout with the third as default. Uploading more than 200MB once again just to edit default.prop for you? Nah!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Update!

V4 has been added to the 1st post!