Nightly CM6 and 7 Builds :)

Search This thread

mistaa_skee

Oct 7, 2011
What differences did you notice in the latest release? I read that some ICS features was added.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Vnuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Champlin, MN
Yes there were ICS features as in icons and look. Didn't really get into it much, after I realized the home key didn't work and the market was having issues I bailed back to XM-8..

Rooted MT3G XM-8 Even Moar Stripped with XDA Premium..

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
Yes there were ICS features as in icons and look. Didn't really get into it much, after I realized the home key didn't work and the market was having issues I bailed back to XM-8..

Having no issues like that.

What I've noticed new so far is: scroling cache options, an option to turn the boot animation off for faster booting, a very cool animation when rotating device, some other new animations, something else I can't remember ;)

BTW you can always go to http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=espresso to take a look at changes. And it's showing only the last page of all the changes list

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
I prefer the latest nightly, although I was on XM before but I hope Nick will update his XM with this nighly.

Vnuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Champlin, MN
Having no issues like that.

What I've noticed new so far is: scroling cache options, an option to turn the boot animation off for faster booting, a very cool animation when rotating device, some other new animations, something else I can't remember ;)

BTW you can always go to http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=espresso to take a look at changes. And it's showing only the last page of all the changes list

Weird, my home key did not work at all. So I don't know, also did you flash the gapps that come with the rom when you download it from Rom Manager? Or did you flash a different one? When it downloaded it said 4.0 Gapps..

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
Weird, my home key did not work at all. So I don't know, also did you flash the gapps that come with the rom when you download it from Rom Manager? Or did you flash a different one? When it downloaded it said 4.0 Gapps..

I flashed it on my wifes slide and the newer gapps, 4.0 messed up the market. I restored her backup and reflashed the nightly with the version of gapps she had already been using and everything works fine now for her.

Reactions: ggonsalv

aaldiar

Sep 21, 2010
Running the nightly with gapps I been using and everything works on here just fine. I did have some wifi issues but the later GB all have it. Fyi, I flashed the wifi fix and disabled wifi sleep. All fixed.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009

I flashed the gapps I was using before, it's 20110828. Maybe that's why I'm having no issues like that. And I also formated cache and system partitions.

Vnuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Champlin, MN
So any issues after a day or so of using? Anyone else have Home key problems?

aaldiar

Sep 21, 2010
No problems and been running a few days now, gb gapps.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

ovar

May 29, 2009
GR, MI
Can anyone else confirm if their 'sym' key on their physical keyboard works?
Mine has not done anything for some time now. I think it is a bug.

Also, is anyone getting wifi reboots? I don't believe I have had a random wifi reboot. I just tested by toggling wifi on and off 6 or so times. They may have actually fixed this issue. I can't tell for sure because the appspot list was so long it is being truncated. Where can I view the entire list that went into the most recent build?

Edit: nm, just got one.

How is GPS for everyone?

Last edited:

ladderwalker

Feb 2, 2010
Seems good to me, sym key doesn't work but I never use the hardware keyboard. I had to flash the wifi signed zip at first but since then its been fine. The battery seems better.

Vnuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Champlin, MN
Seems good to me, sym key doesn't work but I never use the hardware keyboard. I had to flash the wifi signed zip at first but since then its been fine. The battery seems better.

Wifi signed zip, please explain? Alright so I took the plunge again and my home key works and market is up. Stock browser had an issue so I'm using Dolphin HD, which I think is faster anyway. I like it, I think I've got another new DD for sure!

Also my SYM key hasn't worked with CM7 since I started using it so to the guy above asking, mine doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, I've heard rumors of an FM radio app for our phones, is this in the pipeline?

Apparently the TI chip has it, and the Legend OTA has it. The problem is gonna be the same as we has with the Broadcom chips- it's undocumented. I haven't dug into it much yet because I've not been able to get everything working in 2.6.32 for Slide yet. No WiFi, and Bluetooth doesn't sleep. Bad :( Also, there is AP mode for WiFi tethering in the Legend OTA, and TI has the source on git.omapzoom.org, but we really need the sdio code from HTC.

I agree. They have a huge team of over 100 developers working for them while cyanogen and team have only 3-4 if that even working on the slide and yet they are getting things done. So does tmobile not have anyone working on the slide at all I mean the phone is still new so they should still be supporting it

It's pretty much just me doing Slide stuff. Although Slide is pretty much the same thing as the Legend, but with a keyboard, so Alex has been a big help. The Aria guys too, but they are lucky and have the Broadcom chip instead of this unholy TI mess.

When has cyanogenmod not been better than official releases?

That's a matter of perspective I guess, but I'd like to think so :) Google and HTC give us great stuff to build on top of. I just wish HTC would hold up their end of the GPL with the WiFi drivers.
    found this recently, thought you guys would like: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=espresso
    Why the jump from 212 to 231? The inbetweeners were bad builds?
    Yes. You can always check the status here: http://buildbot.teamdouche.net/
    *Please* use the new radio that ChiefzReloaded posted. In the not-too-distant future, it will be required. It will also likely fix a lot of issues some people are having with connectivity. The radio for the 2.1 shipping Slide is ASS and I can pretty much crash it by looking at it the wrong way.
    Here is a link to the nightly CM6 builds being compiled by the guys at #teamdouche.

NIGHTLY BUILDS Here

MDPI GAPPS Here

Credit to #teamdouche for their amazing dedication and hard work!

If you want this link to stay up, do NOT bug #TeamDouche do not ask them any questions, do not report any bugs, let them do their job!!!!!

THESE DO NOT INCLUDE GOOGLE APPS AND ARE STILL BUGGY. DO A NANDROID BACKUP, WIPE AND THEN FLASH