Yellow screens - does the problem still exist?

Search This thread

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
As far as I've read on multiple forums, batches manufactured in August, September, November, January included a few faulty units, whereas the ones manufactured in October, December and February were alright.

But don't take my word for it, this is simply my conclusion based on various threads from various forums.

Sent from Bacon

Meh, there's not much I can do about it anyway. The biggest issue is the vibrating motor - which can't even be changed with one from another phone (say, a Galaxy Note). OnePlus doesn't put out replacement parts neither.

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
Meh, there's not much I can do about it anyway. The biggest issue is the vibrating motor - which can't even be changed with one from another phone (say, a Galaxy Note). OnePlus doesn't put out replacement parts neither.

You can change the vibration patterns/intensity in some ROMs or something. From what I read before buying the phone that was what I was worried about, the motor. And it was in fact very weak @ stock. Switching to SlimKat and picking the same pattern as my Note 3 on SlimKat, it's nearly identical, maybe has a stronger vibration.

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
Sorry to resurrect an old thread here.

I've got a new phone and I've started experiencing the yellow splodges. I think as people have asserted, it's due to heat. Mine first appeared about a week ago. It was a very very hot day and my phone was in the sun. I unlocked it and a 'piss' coloured stain appeared at the bottom. I noticed it had got worse later and that it was now at the top of the screen, the bottom of the screen, the right hand side and faintly down the left.

It then seemed to fade when it cooled but it's never fully gone and I have sort of piss hue at the bottom and still sometimes flairs up in heat. It's a shame, because I love this phone, so I'm going to try and see if I can live with it. Perhaps over time the rest of the screen will go yellow and I can fix it using a cool saturation mod. You don't really see it apart from on white backgrounds which is fine, except a lot of websites, XDA included, use white backgrounds when reading the forums. It's more unsightly than anything, but it's annoying.

Reactions: Formhault

greaet

Jul 2, 2012
Got my phone yesterday and the yellow tint is there. One good news is, here in India, Amazon sells it and I've already asked them to come and collect it. A full refund will be processed for the phone, the tempered glass on the phone (purchased from them). Ordering Yu Yureka today. Hope that works fine. If it was not for CM, the story would have been different now.

Reactions: Formhault

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't see any yellow on the screen of my OnePlus One.

Got my second OPO. Yellow band again. Just as bad or worse than the first device. Could not live with it so I sold it with a heavy heart like I did the first one. I'm done with OP for good.

PS. Yes I informed the buyers of the yellow band, they didn't care and said they won't notice it with "On Screen Buttons" enabled.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

The real problem isnt just the screen, but OnePlus themselves. They've gone out of their way to ignore, cover up, shift the issue of the yellow screens. Why would anyone give money to a company with such shady service? Where else have they cut corners? What happens when there's a larger problem? You certainly can't go after them when batteries start exploding.

I kept posting on OP forums about the yellow problem on threads not created by myself. I got a warning that I was spreading false rumors and would be banned. I continued to express my dislike of the uneven yellowness of both OPO's I've bought, as well as my disgust with the RMA system to which 3 weeks have passed and not a single response. Today I was banned.
    Saying it is not an issue for you vs saying it does not exist, are two totally different stories.
    This is a very important difference that many people fail to recognize.

(...)if it isn't noticeable on a device, it's not an issue. If it's noticeable (like on some units) it is.
    This mindset is unacceptable. Any company that does this does not deserve any place on the market. Whether an issue is noticeable or not is completely subjective.
    I bought a 36w nail lamp off Amazon for $30 and it should be delivered today. I'll try it out tonight and let you know how it goes. I will try and take before and after pictures to verify whether it works or not for me.
    Got some slight discoloration on the bottom, but I couldn't care less, it's just a phone. It will be thrown away in a couple of years...

Everybody who makes such big noise about the screen issues should just return the phone and buy something else instead of endlessly crying on the forums about something that they knew before purchasing the device.
    Mine does not have the yellow issue anywhere that I can see, and I put it on solid white screen on full brightness.

Luck of the draw I guess, but that just goes to show some do, and some don't.

I think the issue has been overblown, and most people wouldn't have even noticed if it hadn't been for the frenzy.