Your device is corrupt.... Bootloop LG k8 . Recovery doesn't work

Search This thread

blhuee

Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys, i was rooting my phone LG k8 using adp method get form here : https://xdaforums.com/lg-k10/how-to/friendly-root-method-lg-k8-k10-t3531223
but in the last step in the rooting part i noticed that the SuperSU archive didn't appear in the TWRP manager so i got no more choise than reboot. Now the problem is that after the LG logo appears the message saying "Your device is corrupt...", then restarts - logo - your device is corrupt - restarts - logo - your device .... well, a bootloop, is so anoying. I tryed to use recovery funcion of LG, but when it ends, phone reboot and the problem is still there: bootloop. I can't boot in fastboot mode or anything elese form the PC so i don't know what to do. How can i fix this problem? hope my phone doesn't become a brick.....

p1xie

Jul 2, 2017
If you cant boot into download mode, connect the phone without the battery to computer. It will find 3 devices. then put the battey back and press volume up. You'll get to download mode. Download and install lg bridge. s. Restart pc. If your device is in download mode lg bridge will see it. Go to update tab, try it. If your device is up to date an option will come up after trying to update to the right of the update tab saying error during update. Press on it and then wait. It will download install and reboot.

Reactions: elpanaennica

yukosteel

Jul 23, 2017
Experiencing similar problem on my LG K8 (K350Z).
I've successfully rooted device using guide: https://xdaforums.com/lg-k10/how-to/friendly-root-method-lg-k8-k10-t3531223
Later I decided to recover to stock KDZ, but did very stupid thing first - I've entered recovery mode (by pressing down+power, then down+power+up) and selected "Yes". After that green droid shown, and phone restarted, showing logo, then "Device is corrupt" message then off.
Starting it goes through logo"Device is corrupt" loop.

I've tried many suggestions to use LGUP and LG Bridge, but PC simply doesn't see the phone correctly.
Driver re-install didn't help much, it's still shown in Device Manager as "LTE Android MTP Device" with yellow exclaim triangle, but LGUP and LG Bridge can't connect to it.

35405284263_fc31b4f9a6_o.jpg

When I select in LGUP it says "LGUP can't load the model[C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\com"

Last edited:

yukosteel

Jul 23, 2017
Finally! Resolved the problem. Looks like I've installed different driver versions and LGUP and LG Bridge in wrong order.
Re-installing everything helped and LG Bridge was able to flash the updated software version (V10f-AME-XX) and now my K8 works fine :D

Going to try post 2017 rooting methods soon.

OSAL

Oct 4, 2017
Finally! Resolved the problem. Looks like I've installed different driver versions and LGUP and LG Bridge in wrong order.
Re-installing everything helped and LG Bridge was able to flash the updated software version (V10f-AME-XX) and now my K8 works fine :D

Hi, i have same phone and same problem. And i dont know which driver should i install because its keeps rebooting my phone. Can you help me plss

Reactions: QuickBrown

farxad007

Jul 26, 2016
Hi, i have same phone and same problem. And i dont know which driver should i install because its keeps rebooting my phone. Can you help me plss

hi, i got bootloop and phone just rebooting every time, no matter i hold pwr_up or not, it is not entering download mode anywaw, can you help me??? pls

dartballs

Dec 28, 2017
Have you tried doing a long reset for your phone type by holding the correct buttons before the phone starts. Let it die first then charge it and try a long reset

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Download LG K8 firmware (k350n) here or here.
    2. Download LG UP software and the dll for LG K8.
    3. Boot your phone into Download Mode (hold Volume-Up key & connect the phone to your computer via USB).
    4. Upload firmware to your phone (update mode).

Your phone should be reset and working, but not rooted...

I hope this helped :)
    If you cant boot into download mode, connect the phone without the battery to computer. It will find 3 devices. then put the battey back and press volume up. You'll get to download mode. Download and install lg bridge. s. Restart pc. If your device is in download mode lg bridge will see it. Go to update tab, try it. If your device is up to date an option will come up after trying to update to the right of the update tab saying error during update. Press on it and then wait. It will download install and reboot.