[Mod] Enable Trusted Face on A520F[Oreo]

Search This thread

kubura2999

Aug 8, 2014
So instead of merging this thread with this:
https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series-2017/themes/mod-enable-trusted-mod-a520f-t3726824
iv decided to make a new one.
First if you rooted your phone with MAGISK i strongly recomend to download and install the face unlock module through MAGISK. Being a long time Supersu user i just recently switch to magisk and it made many things so much easier to install and deinstall. And it has a lot of usefull modules...
Anyway...
Iv unpacked the magisk module zip and repack it into non magisk flashable zip just to see and test will it work. Iv unrooted magisk and flashed it on hades rom and it worked.
I dunno does it work on stock rooted i didnt test it but i thing it should.
I didnt ask the permission of the module makers to use their files, so if they want me i will take the zip down.
But you all know by now how to do it yourself ;)
One warning, if you remove/uninstall faceunlock from your system while your pattern or pin unlock is on, you wont be able to unlock your phone because your pin r pattern will be unrecognised an you will need to restore backup or find anotherway to ulock your phone.

Credits:
@ DennySPb for FaceUnlock flashable zip
@ Mi5 Arsenal for magisk module
@ rlshukhov for submit to Magisk repo

To my phone nothing happend but i still need to say that you are
Flashing it at your own Risk!
I won't be held accountable if something happens to your phone if you lost your data so Dont forget to backup your phone before flashing!!!

Instalation:
1. FIRST ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM AND DATA BEFORE FLASHING THE ZIP!!
2. Download the zip, restart in recovery and flash the zip, wipe dalvik/cache and restart.
You will have to wait few minutes for android to upgrade.

potyqa

May 27, 2017
I tried it on stock 8.0 Rom on my A3 and sadly it crashes when you click Next to actually register your face :( The thing that I noticed is that the Magisk module is for Android 8.1 and the zip you uploaded contains Trusted Face 8.0 so they are not the same

leo31

Nov 30, 2012
Tokyo
https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series-2017/themes/mod-enable-trusted-mod-a520f-t3726824
First if you rooted your phone with MAGISK i strongly recomend to download and install the face unlock module through MAGISK. Being a long time Supersu user i just recently switch to magisk and it made many things so much easier to install and deinstall. And it has a lot of usefull modules...
Anyway...
Iv unpacked the magisk module zip and repack it into non magisk flashable zip just to see and test will it work. Iv unrooted magisk and flashed it on hades rom and it worked.
I didnt ask the permission of the module makers to use their files, so if they want me i will take the zip down.
One warning, if you remove/uninstall faceunlock from your system while your pattern or pin unlock is on, you wont be able to unlock your phone because your pin r pattern will be unrecognised an you will need to restore backup or find anotherway to ulock your phone.

Credits:

I won't be held accountable if something happens to your phone if you lost your data so Dont forget to backup your phone before flashing!!!

Instalation:
2. Download the zip, restart in recovery and flash the zip, wipe dalvik/cache and restart.

I tried it on stock 8.0 Rom on my A3 and sadly it crashes when you click Next to actually register your face :( The thing that I noticed is that the Magisk module is for Android 8.1 and the zip you uploaded contains Trusted Face 8.0 so they are not the same

It didn't work because an a3 is 32 bit. The a5 and a7 are 64 bit.

all the zip you found on internet will not give you face unlock for SAMSUNG OREO with 32bit proc.
on nougat, yes it working.

but with OREO 8.0 with 32bit architecture = ONLY 1 files that can give the face unlock back to our device.

download Nano8.0Gappps from official website.
flash it using twrp. and the face unlock is back!
i just flashed it yesterday, since all the files i found on internet give no result (force close everytime the option trying to open front camera to recognize face). but with nano gapps 8.0 , problem is gone FOREVER.

why we need nano8.0gapps? we need the libs file, i mean COMPLETE LIB FILES for 8.0
this is the only solver.

i hope my answer will bring back smile to your face

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

It didn't work because an a3 is 32 bit. The a5 and a7 are 64 bit.

try to flash nano8.0gapps. it will bring back trusted face to smart lock option. and it wont give any FC on 32bit OREO

Yes..i somehow managed to get twrp..what now:confused::(

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I have rooted with latest twrp recovery. What's next :confused:
Reboot to recovery, select install, and navigate to where the face unlock zip is located.(remember to download it first!) Then select it and flash it. Once that is done, reboot system and go to smart lock and it should be there. Tell me if you have any problems.. I am glad to help:)

Reactions: Rahul2820

Rahul2820

Dec 15, 2018
Reboot to recovery, select install, and navigate to where the face unlock zip is located.(remember to download it first!) Then select it and flash it. Once that is done, reboot system and go to smart lock and it should be there. Tell me if you have any problems.. I am glad to help:)

I installed face unlock zip from twrp. Now it appears in my smart lock. But when I open trusted face and click set up trusted face, its says "trusted face stopped" close app. Please help

I installed face unlock zip from twrp. Now it appears in my smart lock. But when I open trusted face and click set up trusted face, its says "trusted face stopped" close app. Please help
Weird. Mine did that too on a different model. Reflashed it and it was fixed.
The face unlock zip is taken from gapps so people wouldn't have to flash everything.

Rahul2820

Dec 15, 2018
I have face unlock on my samsung galaxy a7 2017. But evry time after face unlock i need to swipe up to open. I tried AutoInput. It worked for some time. Again if it is not running in backgroud, the swipe to open appears. Also AutoInput is not free forever. I am on hadesrom pie. Please tell me other app or way to disable swipe and go directly to home screen after face unlock. Waiting for reply?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I have face unlock on my samsung galaxy a7 2017. But evry time after face unlock i need to swipe up to open. I tried AutoInput. It worked for some time. Again if it is not running in backgroud, the swipe to open appears. Also AutoInput is not free forever. I am on hadesrom pie. Please tell me other app or way to disable swipe and go directly to home screen after face unlock. Waiting for reply?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Look here. Btw, how did you get face unlock working on hades pie? It quits working after one reboot.

Rahul2820

Dec 15, 2018
Look here. Btw, how did you get face unlock working on hades pie? It quits working after one reboot.

No. Its working fine for me after several reboots. I am with Magisk root and hadesrom pie and twrp 3.0. I haven't flashed nano Gapps as u said. Because i recently shifted from stock to pie. So first tried face unlock without nano Gapps. And it worked. Even face unlock is pretty fast and o any crashing. Please if u know how to bypass swipe after face lock, let me know sir?.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyway...

Credits:

Instalation:
    try to flash nano8.0gapps. it will bring back trusted face to smart lock option. and it wont give any FC on 32bit OREO
    I was just telling the other guy. I have face unlock successfully working on my a5.
    Please, sir tell me step by step procedure for trusted face on a7 2107. Its on oreo 8.0.i tried once but failed..does it requires root
    Yes it does... at the very least, a TWRP recovery.
    Yes..i somehow managed to get twrp..what now:confused::(

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I have rooted with latest twrp recovery. What's next :confused:

Thanks for reply. :good: :highfive: