[ROM] [5.0.2] [NIGHTLIES] VanirAOSP [OFFICIAL][VS985] FAST! FULLY FEATURED!

Search This thread

jasondowning85

Feb 1, 2011
Lakewood
Warranty is VOID... blah blah blah. Flash at your own risk... blah blah blah

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ BEFORE YOU POST! USE THE Q&A THAT MAGICALLY APPEARED
EDIT** - This build is for people who want to flash and test, not expecting everyone to answer questions for them.

Now that that is out of the way, here's the fun part. I will post a pretty OP later, but being that I know no one will read it anyway, it doesn't even really matter right now. Those of you that know the Vanir team, you know we really aren't concerned about the problems that YOU THE USER have unless YOU THE USER are able and ready to help troubleshoot by providing information to help solve the problem(s). (logs, steps to reproduce, yadda yadda)

To Install -
Download these
ROM - http://www.vanir.co/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/
GAPPS - http://www.vanir.co/dho/5-Gapps/50Current-DHO-GAPPs.zip (you can test others, but these are tried and true.. don't tell me about your problems using other GAPPS)

Bump your G3 (Meaning install the recovery - boot.img in the ROM is bump'd already)
http://xdaforums.com/verizon-lg-g3/orig-development/bump-unlock-lg-g3-twrp-verizon-t2900590

BACK UP, WIPE, FLASH

At this point, don't ask about what is or is not included. It's probably the fastest AOSP experience you'll run at this point and has plenty of features packed into it. That's all you need to know for now so PLEASE don't clutter up this thread.

Kernel Source

Last edited:

ohlin5

Feb 24, 2012
Verizon Blows, USA
Glad to see another AOSP ROM added to the growing stable, so thanks! Might try this later tonight or something, as I've never given Vanir a shot before. Very anxious to find something extremely stable and with bluetooth calling working so I can convince certain other people near me to convert to the AOSP side ;) Thanks again!

Edit: I totally would try this out now, but my work has the slowest wifi connection on the face of the planet, and my mobile data is very limited until it re-cycles! :p

Last edited:

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
Oh how I love the options. Much obliged. I have a 64gb SD card, exfat. It doesn't work on LS, but does on CM. I'll edit this and let others know if it works on Vanir.

Edit: It is not working with the stock exfat format 64gb SD card. I don't know if they'll be adding that support or not, on other devices it was the kernel that didn't play nice but if you don't want to wait to find out, I hear formatting it to fat32 usually works.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasondowning85

MagmaRhino

Dec 21, 2011
Oh how I love the options. Much obliged. I have a 64gb SD card, exfat. It doesn't work on LS, but does on CM. I'll edit this and let others know if it works on Vanir.

I had the same problem with my 64gb sd card. All you have to do is plug your sd card into your computer, make a backup of the sd card, then format it and copy your files back. I formatted for ntfs or whatever option is like that. I don't know if that is necessary or not but it worked for me. I also had to mount it manually the first time I put it back into my phone but after that it works like a charm!

If that doesn't work, try formatting it in your phone first then format it on the computer. This is technically what I did but my phone went a little batty and shut down in the process so I wouldn't recommend trying that unless formatting it with the computer didn't work!

Reactions: Crooke356

spizzo03

Feb 28, 2007
New York
Ohhh Vanir....have to try it. I ran Vanir roms on my Galaxy Nexus for years. Some of the most stable and fastest AOSP builds around. Good amount of options, but not overwhelming. Can't wait to give it a try when I get home from work tonight.

I'll post my findings for others once I have some time to run it through its paces. Thanks to the devs for the great support out of the gates once Bump! was released for use!! You are all AWESSSOOMMMMEEEE!!!!

HerroMoto

Jun 15, 2010
It seems like BT calls is what's holding many people back myself included. Unfortunately it is a must for me. I'm loving all this development and how quickly it's coming. Thank you to all the devs and teams. You guys are great and I'm sure will have a fix soon.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
I had the same problem with my 64gb sd card. All you have to do is plug your sd card into your computer, make a backup of the sd card, then format it and copy your files back. I formatted for ntfs or whatever option is like that. I don't know if that is necessary or not but it worked for me. I also had to mount it manually the first time I put it back into my phone but after that it works like a charm!

If that doesn't work, try formatting it in your phone first then format it on the computer. This is technically what I did but my phone went a little batty and shut down in the process so I wouldn't recommend trying that unless formatting it with the computer didn't work!

If I didn't already have it half full I'd do as you suggested. Thanks for tips though, it's very much appreciated.

huskerkate

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ohhh Vanir....have to try it. I ran Vanir roms on my Galaxy Nexus for years. Some of the most stable and fastest AOSP builds around. Good amount of options, but not overwhelming. Can't wait to give it a try when I get home from work tonight.

I'll post my findings for others once I have some time to run it through its paces. Thanks to the devs for the great support out of the gates once Bump! was released for use!! You are all AWESSSOOMMMMEEEE!!!!

true story! Vanir was my constant DD on GNex. total stability and speed. flashing now!!

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Really guys? After my request not to clutter the thread, there are 4 consecutive posts about bluetooth calling. I guess I was right when I said people would NOT read the OP. Very disappointed......

Well, if you look at the time stamps, you'll see that the first two, mine and HerroMoto's, were posted at the same time. The other two, i agree, were unnecessary. And obviously, I read your OP, since I had the question about bumping.

spizzo03

Feb 28, 2007
New York
Everyone having Bluetooth call withdrawal....please give the devs some time to look into it. As with my past experiences with having AOSP builds for phones that were never meant to have it...bluetooth drivers and software stacks are mostly likely proprietory. They (the awesome Devs) will have to look into whether they can port it over.

Now please do what the Dev has asked and try not to ask the same questions 1,000 times (present posts excluded). This will allow them all to concentrate on looking to adding more features and squashing any minor bugs that may be present. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warranty is VOID... blah blah blah. Flash at your own risk... blah blah blah

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ BEFORE YOU POST! USE THE Q&A THAT MAGICALLY APPEARED
    EDIT** - This build is for people who want to flash and test, not expecting everyone to answer questions for them.

Now that that is out of the way, here's the fun part. I will post a pretty OP later, but being that I know no one will read it anyway, it doesn't even really matter right now. Those of you that know the Vanir team, you know we really aren't concerned about the problems that YOU THE USER have unless YOU THE USER are able and ready to help troubleshoot by providing information to help solve the problem(s). (logs, steps to reproduce, yadda yadda)

To Install -
    Download these
    ROM - http://www.vanir.co/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/
    GAPPS - http://www.vanir.co/dho/5-Gapps/50Current-DHO-GAPPs.zip (you can test others, but these are tried and true.. don't tell me about your problems using other GAPPS)

Bump your G3 (Meaning install the recovery - boot.img in the ROM is bump'd already)
    http://xdaforums.com/verizon-lg-g3/orig-development/bump-unlock-lg-g3-twrp-verizon-t2900590

BACK UP, WIPE, FLASH

At this point, don't ask about what is or is not included. It's probably the fastest AOSP experience you'll run at this point and has plenty of features packed into it. That's all you need to know for now so PLEASE don't clutter up this thread.

Kernel Source
    UPDATE

5.0 built...

That is all
    you weren't 1st 2nd or 3rd and no one cares anyway..

Thanks and enjoy
    Ok here is where I am with the ROM so far. WiFi Tethering works with no issues. All my apps from TB installed with no hassle at all. Verizon Cloud was able to restore and backup as intended. My Verizon app works perfectly from a TB, the playstore would not download it. NFL Mobile fired right up! That's a must for me. CM11 Themes work flawlessly and makes this ROM super sexy. I installed the xperia keyboard and look and performs great! BT we all know isn't working but because I don't use it, I could care less. So as of now I haven't ran into any hiccups. Appears to be a solid DD for me. Thanks for a great ROM!!!

Oh did I mention how fast and snappy this monster is???
    UPDATE

5.0 failed to boot... That is all