[MOD] SGS4G Carrier Unlocker (Nov 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Probably not. But I am sure they have something equivalent in the S2 forum.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Iv looked I can't see anything there

I'll take a look for you.

An alternative is to call your wireless carrier and tell them you are going overseas for an extended period and need the phone unlocked to use where you are going.

Found it - In a sticky in the Q&A they point you to an app in the playstore by Chainfire called "[root] Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock".

You will have better luck posting any further questions in the SGS2 forum.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Mzhaze3

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks but that ap required root :-( I Dont wanna void my warranty

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

mikhail777

Nov 18, 2011
I just ran the program to have my unlock code, but written I turned my phone off and insert my t mobile Sim it now says "blocked".. There's no way to input any thing just emergency or SOS! Any fix around this that I can do.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

mikhail777

Nov 18, 2011
I called t mobile they had me click emergency calling, then input a bunch of code.. My phone works (t mobile), but why after running script manager would it block my Sim card to then call customer service? Or would I input that 8 digit code in emergency?? I'm confused

Jerry D

Mar 5, 2011
I believe your issue was from using a T-Mobile SIM Card. You are supposed to use a NON T-Mobile SIM Card and punch the unlock code in the dialer..

STEP 6 of the OP:

You can now use the unlock code when you put in the non-T-Mobile sim into your phone and unlock your phone. You can check the unlock status by dialling *#7465625#. All the locks should say "OFF".

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I believe your issue was from using a T-Mobile SIM Card. You are supposed to use a NON T-Mobile SIM Card and punch the unlock code in the dialer..

STEP 6 of the OP:

You can now use the unlock code when you put in the non-T-Mobile sim into your phone and unlock your phone. You can check the unlock status by dialling *#7465625#. All the locks should say "OFF".

Correct.

Reactions: pisherthefisher

mikhail777

Nov 18, 2011
I know the unlock is for non t mobile.. I ran the program to get the unlock code for future use. I shut down the phone, put t mobile Sim back in then started it up and it said pin blocked.. Does running prob then disable previous Sim?
It was the original Sim, then I put in my old Sim from old phone and it all worked minus connection from non activated Sim. I removed Sim and activated wifi as directed, just confused why I had to call customer service to activate my phone..

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I know the unlock is for non t mobile.. I ran the program to get the unlock code for future use. I shut down the phone, put t mobile Sim back in then started it up and it said pin blocked.. Does running prob then disable previous Sim?
It was the original Sim, then I put in my old Sim from old phone and it all worked minus connection from non activated Sim.

The thing is that this script doesn't actually modify any files on your phone. It'll work purely on your SD card.

The sim pin sounds like you enabled the option somehow. As I said before, this doesn't modify your phone like some apps in google play do. I don't want anyone's phone getting damaged, so I made this so that you can enter the code like you would if tmobile gave you the code.

mikhail777

Nov 18, 2011
Ok that's what I thought. :)so if I put in another provider Sim will a prompt come up or do I input code when I click emergency

Jerry D

Mar 5, 2011
It was the original Sim, then I put in my old Sim from old phone and it all worked minus connection from non activated Sim. I removed Sim and activated wifi as directed, just confused why I had to call customer service to activate my phone..

I also preformed this unlock Mod for future use. I did it over a month ago and only used a Non T-Mobile SIM Card (AT&T) two weeks ago and had no issues. My phone is unlocked! :)

I'm still using my Tmobile Sim with no issues today. I only put the AT&T SIM in to see if the Mod worked.

Just an fyi.

Thank You FB!

rudydanielle

Nov 15, 2011
Question???

I have a rooted, non active (not using T-Mobile anymore) Samsung T-Mobile Exhibit SGH-T759, that is locked to T-Mobile's network. I have AT&T now and my son lost his phone so I need to unlock this one. I tried to pay for an unlock code and they were unable to generate one for it. Everything I have read about this phone seems to point to Samsung Galaxy. I have even read that they a virtually the same phone. Would this SGS4G work to unlock my phone?

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I have a rooted, non active (not using T-Mobile anymore) Samsung T-Mobile Exhibit SGH-T759, that is locked to T-Mobile's network. I have AT&T now and my son lost his phone so I need to unlock this one. I tried to pay for an unlock code and they were unable to generate one for it. Everything I have read about this phone seems to point to Samsung Galaxy. I have even read that they a virtually the same phone. Would this SGS4G work to unlock my phone?

This was made for the SGH-T959V and hasn't been tested on other models, so if it didn't work for you then it most likely won't work.

Reactions: pisherthefisher

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Who wants to test out the app version of this script?
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/08581x2vn75r5hr/SGS4GCarrierUnlocker.apk?dl=1

It will do everything the script does but it's in app form!

It will take a few seconds for it to get your unlock code. I know, ugly interface, but all the functionality is there. I need testers to make sure everything is working correctly before I go through and start adding more to it.

Manumission

Mar 25, 2012
Just tried it out, and it worked - I pushed the .apk to /system/apps, started it up and hit the button, the row of lights at the bottom of the phone blinked several times, and then, voila, the code appeared. Put in another SIM, entered the code in, and it unlocked phone. I confirmed that the phone was unlocked after I put my T-mobile SIM back in.

The only thing is that my call logs and favorites were wiped out. I have no clue if this minor side effect is part of the unlocking process or is related to the app/script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have released my paid app that will let you easily unlock your phone with a native Android app at the touch of a button! If you have trouble using my free unlock methods the app will be able to unlock your phone even if the unlock code did not work.
    Check the app thread for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3005777

I recently did a carrier unlock on my SGS4G and thought it was too much of a hassle to have to use hex editors to find your code so I decided to make this tool.

unlocker_news.png

November 7, 2012
    Hopefully fixed all the bugs related to sh syntax (needs testing and confirmation)

unlocker_features.png

* Gets your carrier unlock code
    * Easy to run script, no more using hex editors!

unlocker_notes.png

* You will need to boot up your phone without a sim card in it, though you might need to get on Wifi.

unlocker_prerequisites.png

* Root
    * Busybox. You can use my CWM Busybox Installer

unlocker_instructions.png

1) Download the script file, save it on the SD card
    2) Download Script Manager from the market
    3) Open Script Manager and run the script from the SD card
    4) When the dialog comes up asking you to run the script, tap Run
    5) Your unlock code will be shown on the screen and will be saved as unlock_code.txt on your sd card
    6) You can now use the unlock code when you put in the non-T-Mobile sim into your phone and unlock your phone. You can check the unlock status by dialling *#7465625#. All the locks should say "OFF".

unlocker_downloads.png

Script Manager (Android Market)
    sgs4g_unlocker.sh
    CWM Busybox Installer

unlocker_source.png

Unlocker on GitHub

unlocker_screenshots.png

unlocker1.png
    unlocker2.png

unlocker_changelog.png

Here's the changelog:
    November 7, 2012
    Hopefully fixed all the bugs related to sh syntax (needs testing and confirmation)

October 10, 2012
    Updated busybox checking (for people who refuse to read the OP and instructions)
    Made the script more SH-like
    Made sure that the programs/commands the script use are the ones provided by busybox
    Fixed a derp with a then clause

January 30, 2012
    Updated screenshots in OP to reflect the script's output
    The script no longer requires superuser access (though you will still need it to install busybox)
    Added debug output for dd command
    Added ERROR function and error code to catch when nv_data.bin is not found.

January 22, 2012
    Changed script's working directory
    Added version number and creator info to the top of the script
    Added a message in case the unlock code is not found (added by stephen_w)
    -- Adapted to sh instead of bash
    Cleaned up the script to only show debug messages when wanted.

January 22, 2012
    Added a link to the git repository holding the script's source code:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/teamacid/unlocker/

January 14, 2012
    * Vastly increased performance gain. Now copies nv_data.bin instead of doing a bml3 dump so you get your code in around 1 second after running the script.
    * Should now find your unlock code even if you unlocked your phone already.

December 31, 2011
    Updated to version 0.3
    * Added a switch to the grep command (provided by stephen_w) to hopefully eliminate the duplicate code bug.

December 30, 2011
    Updated to version 0.2
    * Fixed the duplicate unlock code bug thanks to a bml dump from bswann

December 30, 2011
    Initial release

unlocker_credits.png

sanfranx415 and SS2006 for the steps to unlock
    stephen_w for his contributions to the project
    ultimakillz, bhundven and raverx3x for testing
    bswann for providing a bml dump to find a duplicate code bug
    If you haven't noticed, this has been posted on the XDA Portal! Thanks FB, i haven't been here that long but that's the first time i've seen our phone on there! :D
    I got pretty excited. :) Thanks for the heads up.

Of course man!

:). Pretty soon I'm going to release the app I'm working on to make unlocking a matter of just having root. It'll work on Froyo/GB and ICS ROMs. Initially it will only support the same features as this script (displaying your unlock code).

The next version will support unlocking by editing the nv_data.bin file in addition to support making and restoring backups of the efs partition.

Note that it will be a paid app.
    Thanks. I was so sleepy yesterday that I hadn't realized how easy it was to finish the script. I had a mental block deciding on how to convert the hex codes back to ascii using only programs available on busybox.