How to rollback Freeza Firmware Patch for ICS (Virgin Mobile Leak) ???

Search This thread

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I found older threads with references to full 2.17 Firmware minus HBoot

like this http://dev-host.org/svsae25h2v0n/PG86IMG-2.17.651.5_Firmware_Only.zip

But it appears to not roll back.

My phone still says "Virgin Mobile" on lock screen.

Applying the 2.17 above seems successful but I don't think it is.

Is Freeza's patch forward only?

I also saw mixed messages of folks running with "Virgin Mobile" on their screen that said they never applied Freeza's patch.

Do all ICS Leaked ROM say Virgin Mobile or is this only in the Freeza Patch firmware.

Is there a FULL Stock ROM (minus HBOOT [I'm on 1.4 and want to stay there]) that can reset everything?

I'm confused.

Last edited:

Largan

Aug 10, 2010
NYC
I found older threads with references to full 2.17 Firmware minus HBoot

like this http://dev-host.org/svsae25h2v0n/PG86IMG-2.17.651.5_Firmware_Only.zip

But it appears to not roll back.

My phone still says "Virgin Mobile" on lock screen.

Applying the 2.17 above seems successful but I don't think it is.

Is Freeza's patch forward only?

I also saw mixed messages of folks running with "Virgin Mobile" on their screen that said they never applied Freeza's patch.

Do all ICS Leaked ROM say Virgin Mobile or is this only in the Freeza Patch firmware.

Is there a FULL Stock ROM (minus HBOOT [I'm on 1.4 and want to stay there]) that can reset everything?

I'm confused.

Also want to know. I have been looking for a way back. my service isn't what it used to be. i have emailed some people for help to find a solution to this problem. There are cases where i cant get phone calls or text msgs and need to reboot my phone.

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
if you use the qpst hack to increase your volume. while you in qpst you can change the banner. mines been xXx since the day i got it. not hard.

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
if you use the qpst hack to increase your volume. while you in qpst you can change the banner. mines been xXx since the day i got it. not hard.

I think it's more than just the "Banner".

It's the firmware that went along with that Banner change we want to set back.

I think it's a license key thing and the old 2.17 will not flash back or flash over the patch.

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I just confirmed I've lost VPN due to applying the patch.

I restored GB ROM that had VPN working and it no longer does.

Freeza HELP !!!

I did send Freeza a PM and asked if he could reply here.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
If you s-off try running an ruu. You can always flash the older hboot zip I believe.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
If you s-off try running an ruu. You can always flash the older hboot zip I believe.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

I was thinking of that. Worried I might get myself in a deeper hole ;)

I'm 1.4 Hboot with S-OFF

What is the newest Sprint RUU that still had 1.4 Hboot?

There is 2.17, 2.08, and 1.13 RUU's

Is there such things as RUU's that are rooted?

Thanks

chadharrop

Aug 28, 2010
Ass long as your s-off ruu is the way to go.I do it all the time.
Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
As far as the latest ruu that has the 1.4 hboot I'm thinking anything under the 2.17 update. I know for a fact that 2.17 has the hboot1.5 however if you have rev-s-off you can still flash the 2.17 and flash the old h-boot.zip to get it back. Also no full factory ruu's are not rooted.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Nah don't think it will either I was referring to the banner. Now do you mean when go into wireless settings the vpn settings are not there ??

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Nah don't think it will either I was referring to the banner. Now do you mean when go into wireless settings the vpn settings are not there ??

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Neither VPN from Windows 7 through WIFI tether nor Creating a VPN Connection on the Phone will work.

I completely restored a prior Ginger Bread ROM that I know worked (backup made just before I applied the patch and installed ICS ROM) and no longer will connect since I applied that stupid Patch.

The Connection just fails.

Something is very wrong with that patch. There are credentials or something that are now wrong which is why not even the RUU will flash over it.

Firmware before 2.17 used to have the same issue and 2.17 fixed it. Now with the patch it's broken and basically I'm not getting 2.17 fully back on there.

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
This might be hint.

I triggered a handfree activation.

Now I'm stuck on 1X.

I tried suggested fixed in Clean ROM ICS Thread for stuck on 1X and it did not work.

But VPN works.

But I think each speed 1x, 4G and 3G all connect over VPN differently.

4G used to always work but 3G failed. I think 1X might have always worked too.

But this Virgin thing is now blocking 3G.

I may have to call sprint

majid25

May 5, 2009
Yea the banner doesn't do anything. There is an app I use to check grades (blackboard) and it only works with sprint service. It won't let me use it anymore..says I'm not a sprint user

kittykat858

Mar 26, 2011
an idea: (requires you are s-off)

*********DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REFLASH HBOOT*********

step 1 - make note of EVERY firmware partition in the firmware zip you flashed
(adsp, radio, tz, etc..etc.)

step 2 - collect the files with the same name from the 2.17 RUU
if you can not find them all in the 2.17 ruu, make note of the ones you cant find in 2.17

step 3- to back ONE previous RUU and look for the files you could not find in 2.17 - repeat this until you have ALL your files...

when you are done, if freeza's zip had 8 files, you should now have 8 files

now from fastboot -
do a fastboot flash xxxxxx.img
for each and every one of the IMG files you collected from 2.17 and previous ruus

the order of this can be an issue, and you do this at your own risk.

the reason i say fastboot, is that if it fails, it "should" notify you. I do not know if you will be notified if bootloader flashes the pg86img.zip file for you when something fails, but you can try...

why older than 2.17
example: if adsp was not included in 2.17, but was in 2.08 - it was NOT updated when you went to 2.17, so its still @ 2.08... and if its on ur list, it means u updated it to the latest..

like i said 10+ times before
the ONLY firmware needed for linux 3 is adsp. BUT it is unknown if ADSP requires any of the others to be updated as well

EDIT:
on my engineering device, i did receive an OTA a few days prior to this leak
it consisted of some firmware updates
the files i received DID match the files in freeza's zip when i did a MD5 compare (except hboot, my hboot was uppdated to 1.58.0001 ENG)
but the zip from the leak DID CONTAIN ADDITIONAL files that were not pushed to my phone - its prolly one of these additional files that is causing the issue.

more info...

visual example:

in the image below is a list of files from the 1st released of firmware
so if rfg_1.img was not found in 2.17, it was not updated in 2.17, so check 2.08 - if its there, is it from there,if its not
go back 1 more version

firmware.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rydah

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
This might be hint.

I triggered a handfree activation.

Now I'm stuck on 1X.

I tried suggested fixed in Clean ROM ICS Thread for stuck on 1X and it did not work.

But VPN works.

But I think each speed 1x, 4G and 3G all connect over VPN differently.

4G used to always work but 3G failed. I think 1X might have always worked too.

But this Virgin thing is now blocking 3G.

I may have to call sprint

I did a profile refresh in EPST and got stuck on 1x. I did it again and then it went back to normal. Just try doing it again.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
an idea:

step 1 - make note of EVERY firmware partition in the firmware zip you flashed
(adsp, radio, tz, etc..etc.)

step 2 - collect the files with the same name from the 2.17 RUU
if you can not find them all in the 2.17 ruu, make note of the ones you cant find in 2.17

step 3- to back ONE previous RUU and look for the files you could not find in 2.17 - repeat this until you have ALL your files...

when you are done, if freeza's zip had 8 files, you should now have 8 files

now from fastboot -
do a fastboot flash xxxxxx.img
for each and every one of the IMG files you collected from 2.17 and previous ruus

the order of this can be an issue, and you do this at your own risk.

why older than 2.17
example: of adsp was not included in 2.17, but was in 2.08 - it was NOT updated when you went to 2.17, so its still @ 2.08...

Makes sense. Freeza has been on a road trip I think, lol, he might have a fix for the Virgin Mobile stuff. It's more than banner.

Side note, volume low for anybody else? I've never had this issue.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Sprint!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey chad, any info? Still testing?

on hw001 / "real" ENG bootloaders i got a fix
    --> fastboot flash rcdata rcdata.img (take rcdata from the 2.17 ruu)

i flashed the virgin firmware
    then booted in to the rom - verified it said virgin in the banner
    went back to hboot - re-flashed rcdata from 2.17 - booted back into the rom - and it said sprint

still working on hw002
    Dont you all worry though... I am working on finding a fix for this issue and trying hard! Hopefully this doesn't persist threw our own ICS update, as I believe it may.
    so - at this point it is safe to assume all we need is a PRI downgrade

talking w/ a software engineer that actually worked on this phone - be back in a few
    testing something right now :)
    The average user will not have a easy fix for the "Freeza" patch. Those that flashed the patch might have to get a replacement device from Sprint. They coded this issue the Batman Freezer glitch. For future refernce do not patch anything permanent on your phone especially something from someone that drives a batmobile and thinks his black suit from walmart allows him to fly. Freez-Ova!

are you freakin serious?

you were WARNED that you were flashing NON-SPRINT firmware - if you decided to do so..thats on you

let me super-CID your phone and give you a sensation RUU - and you can flash it
    is it my fault when your phone bricks??? if i tell you its a sensation ruu??? or is it yours for flashing it?