[ROM] BlazingDragon2x v0.1 - Gingerbread Edition (2.3.4)

Search This thread

navlem

Jan 1, 2011
Singapore
About
Most of you should know about my BlazingDragon ROM that was based on MCR. This ROM, BlazingDragon2x, is a Gingerbread version that is based on CM7. Please note that this is an early release and will have alot of bugs. This can be considered an Alpha build. If you want a stable ROM, please use my BlazingDragon ROM that's based on MCR.

Features
- Based on CM7
- Gingerbread 2.3.4
- Custom Boot Animation
- CyanogenMod Settings
- ADW Launcher
- ROM Manager
- Theme Chooser
- Torch
- And many more!

Instructions
1. Ensure your phone is rooted and have CWM installed.
2. Download the ROM and GApps and place it on your EXTERNAL SDCARD
3. Boot into recovery by holding [Power] + [Volume Down] buttons until you boot into recovery.
4. Navigate using the volume buttons and select using the power button.
5. Select "Wipe/Factory Reset" if coming from another ROM. (Not needed for previous version of BlazingDragon2x ROM)
6. Navigate to the external SD card and select your ROM.
7. Wait for it to finish flashing and flash the GApps after that.
8. Reboot from CWM.

Changelog
v0.1 - Initial Release

Download

Current Alpha Version - v0.1

GApps

Credits
LG - For Optimus 2x
CM Team - For their great work in CM
katun79 - For offering a mirror

Last edited:

mikael120

Feb 17, 2010
I'm sorry but this rom is completely pointless, right now it is identical to the cm nightly and only creates fragmentation, and even when this rom changes it will probably just be some apk's added or removed, and that in my opinion is pointless, because it only creates confusion.

In addition since this is based on a nightly build unless the "developer" (and i put that in quotes for a reason) of this rom updates it every single day its going to be out of date compared to the actual nightly cm build.

and yes I realize that I probably come off as rude in this post, but It always annoys me when people takes a rom, makes a couple of small changes and then post it as their own rom, when in reality they just took a rom that someone worked hard on and just made a small change to it.

Last edited:

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
I'm sorry but the above comments are completely out of context and pointless...

You're missing the point of free custom roms here, navlem has posted an early release rom which 'in time' will be an alternate to stock CM Gingerbread with tweaks and additions for the LG Optimus 2X phone specifically... he is a good modder and i have no doubt he will bring us a good rom.

This is as he stated in the first post, an 'Alpha' which means he is working on it to improve and change it.

NEVER put down a modder for any works he submits to us for FREE, if u don't like the works, do not use it and move on, simple.

-SMC

Reactions: temasek

mikael120

Feb 17, 2010

You're missing the point of free custom roms here, navlem has posted an early release rom which 'in time' will be an alternate to stock CM Gingerbread with tweaks and additions for the LG Optimus 2X phone specifically... he is a good modder and i have no doubt he will bring us a good rom.

This is as he stated in the first post, an 'Alpha' which means he is working on it to improve and change it.

NEVER put down a modder for any works he submits to us for FREE, if u don't like the works, do not use it and move on, simple.

-SMC

I'm not missing the point, I fully realize what the point of custom roms are, however this is not a custom rom, this is the first cm nighly rom rebranded, that is all that this rom is currently, and that is pointless, and I do realize that navlem will probably change a couple of small things later that will make this rom a little bit different from the official cm. but if everyone decided to uploade "custom" roms that only differed slightly from the rom they are based on then that creates fragmentation and confusion. How would you feel if you had worked weeks to make a truly custom rom, and then as soon as you had shared it with the world, somebody decided to add one application to it and then re-uploaded it as their own rom? you would probably be annoyed right?

And that is what navlem just did(well as far as I know he didn't even add an app)

Don't get me wrong I am in no way discouraging people from trying to make positive changes to a rom, but those changes has to be more than simply changing a couple of apps.

well, regardless of all of that, the fact that this rom, right now, is pointless, is something not even you can deny, if navlem really wanted to release a so called "custom" rom then he should at the very least changed it in some way.

And trust me I don't have anything against navlem, but when someone simply takes a rom and rebrands it without changing anything then I get annoyed so please forgive me for acting like a jerk on this particular discussion. I'm usually a pretty nice person.

Last edited:
Reactions: TsunKit

navlem

Jan 1, 2011
Singapore
I'm sorry but this rom is completely pointless, right now it is identical to the cm nightly and only creates fragmentation, and even when this rom changes it will probably just be some apk's added or removed, and that in my opinion is pointless, because it only creates confusion.

In addition since this is based on a nightly build unless the "developer" (and i put that in quotes for a reason) of this rom updates it every single day its going to be out of date compared to the actual nightly cm build.

and yes I realize that I probably come off as rude in this post, but It always annoys me when people takes a rom, makes a couple of small changes and then post it as their own rom, when in reality they just took a rom that someone worked hard on and just made a small change to it.
I understand what you mean. :)

There are subtle changes made in this ROM but the aim of this first alpha build is to let people test out and give me feedbacks and ideas how to go about improving this rom. This v0.1 is just a first step to open up to the people out here who have ORD and interact with them to see what they really like in a ROM.

That's how it happened for BlazingDragon ROM in my other thread. I received PMs stating that they wants to try my latest version to test and they keep giving me feedbacks and ideas for future updates. That's how I liked it to be.

True enough, v0.1 of the BlazingDragon2x ROM did not make alot of changes to shift away from the shadows of CM. But slowly it will.

I hope not to cause any controversy or start any wars of any kind. If more people are against me creating another ROM on CM7 nightly. I'll just back down, close this thread, and concentrate on my previous ROM.

Thanks for being honest :)

Reactions: somemadcaaant

mikael120

Feb 17, 2010

There are subtle changes made in this ROM but the aim of this first alpha build is to let people test out and give me feedbacks and ideas how to go about improving this rom. This v0.1 is just a first step to open up to the people out here who have ORD and interact with them to see what they really like in a ROM.

That's how it happened for BlazingDragon ROM in my other thread. I received PMs stating that they wants to try my latest version to test and they keep giving me feedbacks and ideas for future updates. That's how I liked it to be.

True enough, v0.1 of the BlazingDragon2x ROM did not make alot of changes to shift away from the shadows of CM. But slowly it will.

I hope not to cause any controversy or start any wars of any kind. If more people are against me creating another ROM on CM7 nightly. I'll just back down, close this thread, and concentrate on my previous ROM.

gosh darn it, how am I supposed to criticize you when you act so nice to me :), well I guess I can see what you mean, and I do respect you for wanting to help the community, the main reason for me being annoyed is the fact that you released this rom without changing anything (as far as I know) instead of waiting for a while and then release a rom that was actually different from cm, In addition its never recommended to base your rom off a unstable rom, so In my opinion you should have waited until a stable version of cm7 was available, and again I don't have anything against people like you, the only problem is that there are usually a lot of people like you in most of these forums, and if everyone of you decided to create their own rom then that would create a mess of almost identical roms, which would hurt the community, and thats what Is why I was a little annoyed at you creating this rom. I simply want to prevent this forum from being overrun by roms, and I hope that you can respect my side of this argument, but In hindsight I kinda overreacted and came off as kind of a jerk, so sorry for acting so mean to you, nothing personal :)

Last edited:

jchoong

Jun 10, 2008
Singapore
navlem, I do appreciate your good work and your willingness to share; however I also share the sentiments expressed by mikael120.

I would also suggest that if a Rom is heavily based on someone's work, then the thread title/header should carry a notation bearing the original Rom's codename. For example, both FearKill and TK roms make reference to Modaco and/or Fr12 in their thread titles/headers. This gives due credit to the original developer, and also makes it easier for guys like us to quickly identify the source of the Rom.

Reactions: mikael120

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About
    Most of you should know about my BlazingDragon ROM that was based on MCR. This ROM, BlazingDragon2x, is a Gingerbread version that is based on CM7. Please note that this is an early release and will have alot of bugs. This can be considered an Alpha build. If you want a stable ROM, please use my BlazingDragon ROM that's based on MCR.

Features
    - Based on CM7
    - Gingerbread 2.3.4
    - Custom Boot Animation
    - CyanogenMod Settings
    - ADW Launcher
    - ROM Manager
    - Theme Chooser
    - Torch
    - And many more!

Instructions
    1. Ensure your phone is rooted and have CWM installed.
    2. Download the ROM and GApps and place it on your EXTERNAL SDCARD
    3. Boot into recovery by holding [Power] + [Volume Down] buttons until you boot into recovery.
    4. Navigate using the volume buttons and select using the power button.
    5. Select "Wipe/Factory Reset" if coming from another ROM. (Not needed for previous version of BlazingDragon2x ROM)
    6. Navigate to the external SD card and select your ROM.
    7. Wait for it to finish flashing and flash the GApps after that.
    8. Reboot from CWM.

Changelog
    v0.1 - Initial Release

Download

Current Alpha Version - v0.1

GApps

Credits
    LG - For Optimus 2x
    CM Team - For their great work in CM
    katun79 - For offering a mirror

-SMC

-SMC

I'm not missing the point, I fully realize what the point of custom roms are, however this is not a custom rom, this is the first cm nighly rom rebranded, that is all that this rom is currently, and that is pointless, and I do realize that navlem will probably change a couple of small things later that will make this rom a little bit different from the official cm. but if everyone decided to uploade "custom" roms that only differed slightly from the rom they are based on then that creates fragmentation and confusion. How would you feel if you had worked weeks to make a truly custom rom, and then as soon as you had shared it with the world, somebody decided to add one application to it and then re-uploaded it as their own rom? you would probably be annoyed right?

And that is what navlem just did(well as far as I know he didn't even add an app)

Don't get me wrong I am in no way discouraging people from trying to make positive changes to a rom, but those changes has to be more than simply changing a couple of apps.

well, regardless of all of that, the fact that this rom, right now, is pointless, is something not even you can deny, if navlem really wanted to release a so called "custom" rom then he should at the very least changed it in some way.

And trust me I don't have anything against navlem, but when someone simply takes a rom and rebrands it without changing anything then I get annoyed so please forgive me for acting like a jerk on this particular discussion. I'm usually a pretty nice person.

navlem, I do appreciate your good work and your willingness to share; however I also share the sentiments expressed by mikael120.

I would also suggest that if a Rom is heavily based on someone's work, then the thread title/header should carry a notation bearing the original Rom's codename. For example, both FearKill and TK roms make reference to Modaco and/or Fr12 in their thread titles/headers. This gives due credit to the original developer, and also makes it easier for guys like us to quickly identify the source of the Rom.