MOTOCLIQ Question for MODS(NOT A ROM)

Search This thread

djhollygrove

Feb 10, 2008
Houston
Ok so I just got my motocliq in the mail today and off course I love it... My question is since its based in the Android OS will we just use THIS forum or will another section be made? I figure u all just make an Andriod Thread and make Sub threads for all the different Andriod phones

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
Ok so I just got my motocliq in the mail today and off course I love it... My question is since its based in the Android OS will we just use THIS forum or will another section be made? I figure u all just make an Andriod Thread and make Sub threads for all the different Andriod phones

this is an HTC Forum, this particular section of the forum pertains to anything G1/Dream. It would be pretty pointless for us to include blur/cliq development in here, unless it is a port of that OS TO the G1/Dream.

That being said, im sure there are moto forums out there, you just gotta search. I wanna say it was Drizzy that mentioned though, that development on the Blur was going to be harder at first because of some new hardware/software stuff, not sure exactly what it was so dont quote me on that.

TermyJW

Jun 2, 2009
I'm assuming that there will be a Sub-Forum devoted to it, once development on it is completed.
Until then... well, I assume that nothing will be released. :cool:

djhollygrove

Feb 10, 2008
Houston
bet yeah i know this is MAINLY an htc forum but at the same time you guys do have the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 forum on here lol just sayin

roguestatuskat

Dec 2, 2008
snelltown
i wish XDA would be split into winmo android and symbian
nd then have the phones split after that screen, itd be alot better than having to scroll all the way down to find the G1

coredalae

Jul 31, 2009
Utrecht
i wish XDA would be split into winmo android and symbian
nd then have the phones split after that screen, itd be alot better than having to scroll all the way down to find the G1

i'd vote for that.. esp now android is taking off :eek: alot of app related things are genral, and dev is very device specific.. so we could have like a genral and a devise specific section.

zellbz

Sep 16, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
The Sony X1 is only up on this site because it was made by HTC for Sony... so u would have to find a dedicated Motorola development site to mod ur Cliq.

djhollygrove

Feb 10, 2008
Houston
you have a point... lol but i still have my g1 so im not goin anywhere for a while... and im also about 2 get the hero for my sprint phone so ill be here

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX

Can you do me a favor and grab the boot.img off of it?

From a terminal on the phone
Code:
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd1 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=4096

Then transfer it to your pc so you can upload it here.
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img .

That would really be helpful for Blur development

jf4888

Jul 27, 2009
this is an HTC Forum, this particular section of the forum pertains to anything G1/Dream. It would be pretty pointless for us to include blur/cliq development in here, unless it is a port of that OS TO the g1/dream
That being said, im sure there are moto forums out there, you just gotta search. I wanna say it was Drizzy that mentioned though, that development on the Blur was going to be harder at first because of some new hardware/software stuff, not sure exactly what it was so dont quote me on that.
I remembrer drizzy saying the bootloader is locked so it either can't be rooted or will be harder to root. So it'll be a while till we see a forum anywhere

Smokuevo

Apr 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Can you do me a favor and grab the boot.img off of it?

From a terminal on the phone
Code:
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd1 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=4096

Then transfer it to your pc so you can upload it here.
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img .

That would really be helpful for Blur development

those commends dont work.. with bs4096 at the end i get unknown operand bs4096.. if i do it without it i get /dev/mtd1: cannot open for read: no such file or directory

Last edited: