Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [Guide] Unlocking the bootload…
6th February 2020, 10:47 PM |#30  
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkoslav

So with which version did you phone come, please? You did not update, and unlocked bootloader without problem, with tutorial in this thread? And did you try downloading updates now? Thanks

The factory installed firmware was version 00WW_1_130 with security patch from 2019/08/05. I specifically asked the store assistant to check the date they received their stock and requested one from their oldest batch which they got in August. If you want a phone without the new firmware installed, I suggest going to a place that probably doesn't sell a lot of phones (I went to harvey norman in Australia) as they are more likely to have old stock (though the 7.2 isn't a popular model anyway so you could get lucky anywhere I guess) and ask to check the receiving date.

The OEM unlocking switch was disabled in developer options when I first booted the phone, but I followed the advice in CGarz' post about enabling internet and rebooting to get it to enable. I was careful to disable "install updates on reboot" from the developer options before I tried this.

I haven't downloaded any updates yet, but raghu says I should still be able to until/unless I install custom recovery or root the device.