[9/4/2012] Titan Reloaded M2D 1.3.4 with Kitchen (continuing Round 4 Reloaded devel)

Search This thread

bitserve

Nov 25, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Scott (scrosler) gave me permission to branch off development of his M2D Round 4 Reloaded ROM, since he'd officially abandoned his Titan development. He's having too much fun with his new Touch Pro ROM cooking.

STABLE BRANCH 1.3.4 [02/20/2009]

These first releases of what I'm calling Titan Reloaded is pretty similar to his loaded ROM and just includes some minor updates and tweaks, which are detailed on the download page here:

http://www.pdamag.com/roms/

Instructions and caveats here:

http://www.pdamag.com/rom-install-instructions/

Titan Reloaded 1.3.4 is out and contains tons of changes, check them out!

Thanks to xda-developers and members scrosler, dcd1182, and no2chem.

I'm starting this thread to support the users of this branch. Thank you for trying it.

FAQ

Q: When I switch to lanscape mode, or open the keyboard, why doesn't M2D switch to landscape?

A: Lanscape mode isn't supported in M2D, and I can't add it, since I didn't write it and don't have the source.

Q: Why doesn't the flash on the camera work?

A: The version 5 camera is installed by default as it seems to take better pictures, and it doesn't support flash. If you want the flash back, download the kitchen instead of the standard ROM and customize your ROM before flashing it with the version 4 camera. I challenge you to show me a picture that came out better with the puny "flash" on this camera, though.

Q: Why doesn't the "ok" hardware button open the start menu?

A: I haven't figured that out myself. It seems that M2D takes control of that hardware button and I can't fix it. Try using the start menu hardware button instead.

Q: I'm having a problem with the stable branch, how do I get help?

A: There are no known issues. First try doing a hard reset after flashing (hold both softkeys, the hardware buttons with dots on them in while pressing in the reset button with your stylus. Then press the hardware R and space keys when prompted.) Then try to reproduce your problem without installing any custom software in the kitchen or after flashing. If you can reproduce it, please provide the steps to reproduce in the forum and ask for assistance.

---

BETA BRANCH 1.4b2 [02/20/2009]

Also check out the 1.4 beta 2 which upgrades 2DManila (including footprints), HTC Album, and HTC Audio Manager from a new HTC release. Also included the previously missing Audio Booster. Upgraded Youtube with working finger scroll. Now using default theme, which can still be changed from M2DC. Also installed the Volume Control. The carrier cabs have been upgraded and are now installed under My Documents by default. No more app bundle installed. I haven't tested those apps with the new Manila. I also upgraded the sys files to new OS version.

Because it may not be obvious, to non-software developers. The beta ROM probably has bugs. I need feedback to fix them. Please don't run it if you don't find it fun beta testing. If you want stable, please go with 1.3.4 for now.

http://www.pdamag.com/downloads/TitanReloaded_1.4b2.rar

There are a lot of known issues with the beta at this time:

1. In call volume adjustment doesn't work (some report this works though?)
2. Custom cities in weather tab may not work?
3. If your phone gets stuck on vibrate, go into Start->Settings->Phone-> and Change to Ring.

Update 09/04/2012 - Kitchen is available for beta.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GeLopez

Feb 4, 2008
dallas
cant wait for the kitchen since i need SIP change and Data backup in my phone at all times. thanks for keeping this going for us xv6800 users

McClair672

Apr 6, 2008
Morgantown
bitserve, thanks for your work. it's good to see what started (which is freaking awesome, by the way!!), will continue. happy holidays to you all.

tangix2001

Feb 24, 2008
From bitserve's site:
TitanReloaded 1.0 Known Issues [12/16/2008]

* Location tab search doesn’t open GoogleMaps. A quick fix is to copy \Program Files\GoogleMaps\GoogleMaps.exe to \Windows
* Internet tab doesn’t open Internet Explorer. A quick fix is to set [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget]
“OperaEXEFile”=”\Windows\iexplore.exe“

Looks good. I'm looking forward to flashing this when I get home.

Elizle

Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I just flashed it on my Mogul(useless Qwest phone) and I liked it, so I flashed it on my XV6800 and it's awesome. Keep up the good work.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Scott (scrosler) gave me permission to branch off development of his Round 4 Reloaded ROM, since he'd officially abandoned his Titan development. He's having too much fun with his new Touch Pro ROM cooking.

This first release of what I'm calling Titan Reloaded is pretty similar to his loaded ROM and just includes some minor updates and tweaks, which are detailed on the download page here:

http://www.pdamag.com/roms/

Instructions and caveats here:

http://www.pdamag.com/rom-install-instructions/

Titan Reloaded 1.1, after the holidays, will address two known issues. Both of which also have quick fixes that don't require reflashing. Kitchen will also be available then.

Thanks to xda-developers and members scrosler, dcd1182, and no2chem.

I'm starting this thread to support the users of this branch. Thank you for trying it.

Wish I had a Titan so I could te.... On second thought. I will just say Good Job and thanks for keeping the Titan scene going!

Im not giving up my TP for anything ;c)

kbaxter

Aug 16, 2008
Boise
I just started looking again at the different ROM's out there since I had a few days to try and update things again on my phone.

I flashed this yesterday and have noticed a few things. I will list some of them.

The interface is very nice. The app shortcuts are easily added to the application page. Colors are customizable and are easily seen.

My phone seems to react very slowly to the bluetooth and the music app would not even open. Not sure why? There needs to be a regedit app installed. The quick access menu that I've been used to is gone, would be nice to see the Contacts and some of the others that are in the "start" menu that are used frequently still show up there. The used applications are cleared when the phone is shut off and restarted, so when you try to get to a previously used app, you need to go back through the menu selections to find it again. A GPS app would be nice as well. I couldn't get the Google Maps to find any satellites though. I know the phone with Verizon can be a little finicky for GPS at times. Although I did have it working a while back with a different install and was great.

The camera and photo viewer are SWEET. They work very well. I may have to try a different build and see how that works for the time being, but will be back when there are a few other mod's to this one. It looks very promising.

Also, my kids grabbed my phone and were disappointed that there weren't any games other than the default MS ones.

A couple more things I noticed, are that the battery indicator did have colors to it (very nice), although the number of bars didn't change and I ran it to nothing thinking I was also getting incredible battery life. Theclock seemed to lock up and not update.

Last edited:

jimmur

Jul 22, 2006
Knoxville
I recently changed from a Hermes to the 6800 and have been looking for the perfect ROM (for me). I have to tell you I found it. This is the first ROM I have tried that everything works and is set up for my needs. Thank you & looking forward to your next update.

Envycycles

Jan 13, 2008
This is sweet..I have some questions

How do I get the OK button (side) working on the home page? Basically to open the start menu like in the OEM roms?

Also I have the callhistory.exe file how to I get the Voice button to open it?

Another thing is how to I make the scroll bar on the side wider?

Envycycles

Jan 13, 2008
This is sweet..I have some questions

How do I get the OK button (side) working on the home page? Basically to open the start menu like in the OEM roms?

OK to add to this, I installed the ROM pack and now mthe phone works funny.
The dialer display cuts off some numbers and the right hand scroll bar in the folders acts funny. also the Screen align does not work.

(I installed everything in the rom pack) Maybe I should of done one at a time.
What you guys think?

bitserve

Nov 25, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
My phone seems to react very slowly to the bluetooth and the music app would not even open.

Do you mean that your bluetooth was slower than with the stock ROM? The Audio Manager works fine for me from both the tab and from start->programs. What changes have you made, or third party apps have you installed?

There needs to be a regedit app installed.

Well, I'm not sure it needs to be in the ROM. However, as I get further away from scott's original ROM, I'll be installing some freeware apps that I use regularly that I consider must haves. One will have a registry editor.

The quick access menu that I've been used to is gone, would be nice to see the Contacts and some of the others that are in the "start" menu that are used frequently still show up there. The used applications are cleared when the phone is shut off and restarted, so when you try to get to a previously used app, you need to go back through the menu selections to find it again.

I doubt that I'll ever add quick menu to this ROM, but I'll start offering a kitchen soon. I actually like the startclean app. I don't turn my phone off very often. When I do, it's because I want to clear everything.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=251164

You can remove start clean from Windows\Start Up. You'll also be able to disable this in the kitchen.

A GPS app would be nice as well. I couldn't get the Google Maps to find any satellites though.

GoogleMaps is installed. I don't know of any other free ones that work better. Although maybe I'm unclear on what you mean GPS app? Make sure that you have GPS on under services under phone-> options. I usually am able to get a sattelite fine. What radio are you using?

Also, my kids grabbed my phone and were disappointed that there weren't any games other than the default MS ones.

Is there a must have game other than solitaire?

A couple more things I noticed, are that the battery indicator did have colors to it (very nice), although the number of bars didn't change and I ran it to nothing thinking I was also getting incredible battery life. Theclock seemed to lock up and not update.

I tested this by letting my battery running all the way down, before I released the ROM. I didn't have any problems. Also no problems with the clock. What changes have you made, or third party apps have you installed?

I just had to test and was surprised to find that worked from the today screen. My phone has a start button, which I always used for this. It looks like TouchFlo takes control of the OK button. Sorry. I'd recommend using the start button on your phone, if you have one. I'll fix it if I can.

This worked on the stock ROM? From the today screen, this seems to open the voice memo recorder for me. You might try a hardware button configuration program.

I believe that scott made the scroll bar narrower, because this ROM was mostly supposed to be navigatable by finger. I would recommend using the scroll wheel or the dpad when possible. I actually prefer to have more screen than more scroll bar. However, here are the registry tweaks:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE]
"cyHScr"=dword:13
"cxVScr"=dword:13
"cyVScr"=dword:13
"cxHScr"=dword:13

You'll be able to disable the narrow scroll bar in the kitchen. You can also install a 12 pixel scroll bar from the included ROM pack, under Apps.

OK to add to this, I installed the ROM pack and now mthe phone works funny.
The dialer display cuts off some numbers and the right hand scroll bar in the folders acts funny. also the Screen align does not work.

(I installed everything in the rom pack) Maybe I should of done one at a time.
What you guys think?

Well, in my version, the Task Manager is already installed in the ROM. I wouldn't recommend installing the cab for it. Truthfully, the only other cab that I've tested is the Opal Style Comm Manager, which works fine. I don't care for the other apps.

You should definitely install them one at a time. I'm not sure how to even install multiple cabs at one time. You likely only want to install one carrier cab, also. My screen align works fine.

Last edited:

Elizle

Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I have a problem. When I set up my gmail on my phone it won't receive messages. It always worked on DCD and I don't understand why it would just up and quit working. I haven't tried any other emails though because they changed the system at work from groupwise to exchange and I don't know the new servers since I am on break til the 5th. Has anyone been able to set up email on their phones? I feel so disconnected.

tangix2001

Feb 24, 2008
I'm getting the same issue as Elizle. Pocket Outlook is having trouble connecting with the incoming mail server. Connecting to Gmail IMAP using FlexMail seems to work, but I'm not accustomed to its interface. I miss the integration with M2D.

bitserve

Nov 25, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I have a problem. When I set up my gmail on my phone it won't receive messages.

I use mail all the time. I check both my home e-mail and my work e-mail with this ROM. I haven't had any problems. Using IMAP for both though. Haven't tested POP3.

When is the next update going to be released? It is after the holidays.
This weekend. Likely Sunday night. I just finished a web development project and have this weekend to work on whatever I want, and I've been wanting to work on this. :) Thanks for your patience.

I'm getting the same issue as Elizle. Pocket Outlook is having trouble connecting with the incoming mail server. Connecting to Gmail IMAP using FlexMail seems to work, but I'm not accustomed to its interface. I miss the integration with M2D.

It's weird that you're both having problems with gmail. I guess I'll have to get a gmail account and see if I can figure out the problem. If anything, I would expect this ROM to work better, as I included "Windows Mobile 6.1 Hotfix for Sending POP and IMAP E-mail (KB958639)". I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the feedback.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just thought I'd post that I'm brining my old pdamag developer site back online and will be making the kitchen for the beta that I never released available. Just in case anyone still has this phone and cares. I thought I'd post this before this forum is closed. Thanks.