Returned the G2X , waiting for the HTC Sensation 4G

Search This thread

ransome7

May 4, 2010
Usually I am not that cell phone picky , but I never did enjoy this phone.

1. Horrible screen IMO(when compared against the Amoled screens) LCD flashlight corners really bothered me.

2. Form factor : It is too long for the screen size , too much wasted space on the bottom.

3. Power button on top was awkward ( maybe too used to Samsungs)

4. Earpiece quality seemed muffled and too quiet sometimes

5. Picture quality below average

Thats it. Will be going back to either galaxy 4g or Nexus S for now. Looking forward to the HTC Sensation 4G on June 8th or the Galaxy S2 .
I realize that like many things , cell phone preferences are very subjective. If you are enjoying the virtues of this phone( of which there are many) have fun till the next greatest thing

Last edited:

chillwill11

Oct 18, 2010
Jerzey
Sensation is a great device but have fun waiting months for unlocked bootloader,kernels and of course CM7. If ur interested in any of those features, be patient very patient

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

greenstuffs

Jun 29, 2010
Palma, Spain
I guess HTC getting too cocky and going the motofail route only time will tell if they made the right decision, but for instance you can see currently the amount of motofail atrix in the market section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

rukawa2k

Oct 11, 2010
My brother got the HTC Thunderbolt which is the qHD LCD display. It too has bleed LCD issue. I'm assuming this is very common issue for LCD display.

cyberchuck9000

Sep 18, 2009
I can't fathom why you would return the G2X because of the Sensation. The screen issues will be exactly the same, and everything else will be worse because stock ROMs *always* have bugs. The difference is the G2X is days/weeks away from its being fixed, and the Sensation will be lucky to get updates at all the way HTC is going.

Reactions: bplewis24

peacekeeper05

Dec 22, 2010
Velenzuela, Metro Manila
Gudluck with your decision. Your reasons are all minor problems for me. Ive been very happy with G2x and love the fact that the world's greatest android dev, Cyanogen is supporting the phone himself. It only means a clear and brighter feature for G2x. I wont have to worry getting left behind with him supporting G2x.

And gudluck with sensation's poor battery life:) knowing htc the battery wouldn't even last for half a day.

Last edited:

aim1126

Nov 9, 2009
Compared to the sampled display any phone is gonna look dull even the sensation with the qhd display. Qhd just means more resolution, not better colors or contrast.
I bet the ips panel on the g2x will have better colors than the super LCD on the sensation

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

K

Killbynature

Cm 7 is good but is not the greatest all is personal preference In the long run. There are also more developers beside cyanogen. That are willing to take on the phone. It's a HTC phone that alone will make tons of developers for sense. Run towards it regardless of the phone locked bootloader.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Raijen

Apr 19, 2011
STL
Yeah, I can see the decision is tough; I opted for the G2x purely for the stock and freedom to truly "own" my phone. If I could find a way to pair my phone with external speakers to hear the ringer through those speakers I would be in "G2x heaven".
Hope your decision works out for ya.

wondercoolguy

Oct 26, 2009
Texas
www.twitter.com
That extra room at he bottom come in handy for otterbox type cases so the phone will be protected more. HTC is known for having huge batterylife issues look up the stats on thunderbolt. One reviewer left the phone alone all day and it still died after 5 hours of NO USE.

mingkee

I think I can settle for G2x because:
  • HDMI output: playing games on 42" TV is soooo nice!
  • easy to root: I can get more control on the phone but the branding is very limited.
  • "darker" black compared with MT4 (good screen).
  • money factor (Sensation will be $650 without contract).

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
That extra room at he bottom come in handy for otterbox type cases so the phone will be protected more. HTC is known for having huge batterylife issues look up the stats on thunderbolt. One reviewer left the phone alone all day and it still died after 5 hours of NO USE.

Not all HTC devices are bad. The Nexus One had very good battery life, however I agree, the Thunderbolt was awful. Then again that's what happens when you go with a 1400mA battery on 4g. People using the extended battery are seeing much improved battery life.

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
Take care. Not to be mean but people not a days are to picky about what you get. The G2X is a great phone when you put it next to the Nexus S and the galaxy 4g. My main selling point for the G2X is that its right next to the galaxy 4g in my T-Mobile store. I show ppl how slow the galaxy 4g is compared to the G2X when it comes to normal things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't fathom why you would return the G2X because of the Sensation. The screen issues will be exactly the same, and everything else will be worse because stock ROMs *always* have bugs. The difference is the G2X is days/weeks away from its being fixed, and the Sensation will be lucky to get updates at all the way HTC is going.