[ROM] Sub MIUI v.1

Search This thread

jaypatel32795

Aug 4, 2010
Overview:

This is basically a ROM I made when I was bored.
It is based off of Pepperm1nt's [ROM][GB 2.3.4]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.4

I replaced some of the apps with MIUI apps such as
MIUI launcher
MIUI Music
MIUI Browser

I am not sure this ROM will work or flash so flash at your own risk
I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Use at your own discretion

How to install
Must be on 2.3.4 NOT 2.3.5
Install bootstrap
Reboot into bootstrap recovery
Wipe data/cache
Flash this ROM

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tl6959kv4fcz438

Last edited:
Reactions: antEris

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010
Im sorry but ill be the first one to chime in. You're putting up a ROM you didn't test yourself?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

hggadm3

Oct 3, 2011
Well judging by how he has written the description, it should flash, if all he did was replace apks from miui to this rom. However a test would help peoples feelings lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

Last edited:

ryman222

Dec 5, 2010
This should work almost flawless. I've played with all three apps he added on Molten and they worked well. Should not be an issue. Just wondering but did you ask Pepperm1nt if it was ok to use his rom? No big deal if you did :) Something to play with, thanks.

jaypatel32795

Aug 4, 2010
This should work almost flawless. I've played with all three apps he added on Molten and they worked well. Should not be an issue. Just wondering but did you ask Pepperm1nt if it was ok to use his rom? No big deal if you did :) Something to play with, thanks.

Preciate about the info

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
It's fine to use the base. The OP needs updated to give pix of the ROM and thanks for clarifying where the base is from. Let me know if you need anything...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

03civicdx

Nov 23, 2010
+1 on the screen shots. Has anyone tried to flash this yet? I find it strange the person that made the rom didn't flash it before posting.

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Am I the only one who was disappointed to realize that this is not an AOSP ROM? :(

I mean the title is misleading. I thought that this is the first fruition of 2nd init to make AOSP roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricovox

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
was it just me or did it not let anyone else past the 'account' page? it wouldnt take me to my home to where i could set up my recovery so i had to sbf, so nice try OP, but i recommend you take this and base it off your own rom and get to familiar with the android system so you can take this and and make it your own

aceoyame

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2009
This is only GBphone rom + the MIUI launcher look alike and locker + other look alikes.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Sounds a little weird. No pics of screenshots or even tested? Based off someone elses rom without even asking first. Althoug he did give proper credit and did not try to act like it was his own. I appreciate all development for this phone but have to admit this is a first for me to see :) The OP even states not sure if this will work lol. Does not give you that warm fuzzy feeling and anxious to flash something new.

ryman222

Dec 5, 2010
Sounds a little weird. No pics of screenshots or even tested? Based off someone elses rom without even asking first. Althoug he did give proper credit and did not try to act like it was his own. I appreciate all development for this phone but have to admit this is a first for me to see :) The OP even states not sure if this will work lol. Does not give you that warm fuzzy feeling and anxious to flash something new.

Gives me the warmest feeling of being excited to be the first to flash something ;) Although not everyone is comfortable doing an SBF.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Gives me the warmest feeling of being excited to be the first to flash something ;) Although not everyone is comfortable doing an SBF.

I dont mind doing a sbf. Did plenty when I was getting to eclipse 2.02 when I had root keeper on my phone :) I do not mean to bash anyone it is just weird the OP says he is not sure if it will work. Also the title I thought was a little misleading thought this was a MIUI rom.

antEris

Apr 27, 2010
Seems odd to complain about someone cooking up a new option for a phone with so little support. Regardless of the nature of that option, or what you experienced on another phones dev thread.

Thanks Jay, though I wont be using your work its nice to see people working with the x2. And incorporating miui apps / miui lookalike apps is a neat idea for miui fans who can't flash it due to a pesky locked bootloader.

And, I know none of you fine folks intended to come off as ungrateful or complainy (its my word don't steal it :p). Its easy for things to be misinterpreted, between thinking about what you want to post, posting, and someone else reading your post with none of the vocal expression you had in mind.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems odd to complain about someone cooking up a new option for a phone with so little support. Regardless of the nature of that option, or what you experienced on another phones dev thread.

Thanks Jay, though I wont be using your work its nice to see people working with the x2. And incorporating miui apps / miui lookalike apps is a neat idea for miui fans who can't flash it due to a pesky locked bootloader.

And, I know none of you fine folks intended to come off as ungrateful or complainy (its my word don't steal it :p). Its easy for things to be misinterpreted, between thinking about what you want to post, posting, and someone else reading your post with none of the vocal expression you had in mind.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium
    Overview:

This is basically a ROM I made when I was bored.
    It is based off of Pepperm1nt's [ROM][GB 2.3.4]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.4

I replaced some of the apps with MIUI apps such as
    MIUI launcher
    MIUI Music
    MIUI Browser

I am not sure this ROM will work or flash so flash at your own risk
    I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Use at your own discretion

How to install
    Must be on 2.3.4 NOT 2.3.5
    Install bootstrap
    Reboot into bootstrap recovery
    Wipe data/cache
    Flash this ROM

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tl6959kv4fcz438
    Am I the only one who was disappointed to realize that this is not an AOSP ROM? :(

I mean the title is misleading. I thought that this is the first fruition of 2nd init to make AOSP roms.