T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 Hybrid case - $8! GREAT!! (Review and pics inside)

Search This thread

synenergy52

Oct 24, 2011
I wanted to post a review for you guys. This is the best case I've ever used on the T989 or for any phone for that matter. Fits extremely well and has excellent fit and finish (I'm extremely picky) and most importantly the buttons on the side (lock button and volume rockers) are very clicky and have a great feel--unlike a lot of silicone cases where the buttons feel like mush and unresponsive. EXCELLENT BUY. The phone now feels solid and grippy all without getting stuck in your pocket. The back is smooth. Very good balance. Without it, the phone feels flimsy and slippy.

Here's where I found it, Amazon:

Amazon.com - Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile T989 Accessories - Hybrid Case $8

Shipping was FAST! HIGHLY satisfied

ph1-2.jpg

ph1-3.jpg

Sorry for the hair on my phone... I wish I had seen it before taking the pics! YUCK! :confused: :eek:

Last edited:

smartav

Mar 2, 2010
Nice case just wished they had it in all white for those who have the white Tmo SGSII

bigburpsx3

Dec 31, 2011
How does it compare to the bulk of something like the Trident Aegis? I'm using the Trident Aegis right now and I'm looking for something with a slimmer profile.

sinfulgray

Aug 21, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
Yeah i have been using this case for about 2 weeks now and its pretty nice would compare it to a trident case...pretty slim profile for a 2 piece. I would definately recommend to anyone. For the price its a good deal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: magiconthetire

lphillips80

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
Broken.

Received mine today. Fast shipping but the top part of the metal mesh was broken. Called them up and another one is on the way. We will see how this one goes.

synenergy52

Oct 24, 2011
Yes it's available in white as well. Sorry about that! But I love this case so much! When I used the one piece case, the silicone case got loose over time. Since this one has a hard plastic piece which encases the phone. I dont see that happening here. I'll gladly pay the $8 every 3 months if it came to that though.. great feeling case

southusc

Jul 3, 2011
For anyone that may have both how does the protection compare to the aegis. I have the Aegis and like it but it is definitely bulky

kisoon

May 15, 2012
fectsul wrap

I ordered both the Trident and Ballistic. I prefered the Ballistic because of the beefier corners. Better protection if dropped. About the same size as the Trident. No experience witht the case of OP. But, I think you usually get what you pay for.

Oliv3

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle, WA
Thx for sharing this.

Just bought one myself recently, it's a case that I actually like.
however, the only gripe I have is that the silicone half doesn't fit as tight around the phone as I would like. but other than that I love it.

shalom24

Dec 2, 2010
Colorado
Bump! :)

Thanks Synenergy52, I went ahead and bought one. I want to especially thank you for the nice detailed (nice resolution and angled) pictures; it's very helpful when you can see an actual image--not some 'stock' photograph on the buyer's page.

Anyway, I actually purchased it from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...ccessories&hash=item416695ab2f#ht_2241wt_1396 In case the sale is done, I paid $6.49 USD.

Interestingly, that seller has several color variants. Too bad I'm not very original, although I was tempted with their neon green and black case, hence why I went for the black one (also because that's the one I could see an actual image of, thanks to your review).

Reactions: hompsar

sleekgreek

Oct 20, 2010
Had mine a couple months, like it alot. Bought a slimmer s/hard gel type skin which I like more becuse of slimline but it added the echo to my conversations, even with the card trick. So am back to this one.

hompsar

Aug 29, 2008
Just bought one myself recently, it's a case that I actually like.
however, the only gripe I have is that the silicone half doesn't fit as tight around the phone as I would like. but other than that I love it.

Exactly my opinion as well. I feel like the silicone material needs to be a tad bit harder so it doesn't flex so much. Which I would gladly pay much more for.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Amazon doesn't have the all white one. Looking for another alternate case.

harrenb

Sep 26, 2010
Richmond
I wanted to post a review for you guys. This is the best case I've ever used on the T989 or for any phone for that matter. Fits extremely well and has excellent fit and finish (I'm extremely picky) and most importantly the buttons on the side (lock button and volume rockers) are very clicky and have a great feel--unlike a lot of silicone cases where the buttons feel like mush and unresponsive. EXCELLENT BUY. The phone now feels solid and grippy all without getting stuck in your pocket. The back is smooth. Very good balance. Without it, the phone feels flimsy and slippy.

ph1-2.jpg

ph1-3.jpg

Sorry for the hair on my phone... I wish I had seen it before taking the pics! YUCK! :confused: :eek:
I know of an even better case and its 7.77 on ebay!!!!!!! Plus it has a built in kickstand and multiple colors!! here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-MOBILE-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-2-II-T989-HEAVY-DUTY-2-LAYERS-CASE-w-BLUE-KICK-STAND-/220960460348?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3372450e3c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is in white. A simple push of the thanks button would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261010374314#ht_6255wt_754

ph1-2.jpg

ph1-3.jpg

Yeah i have been using this case for about 2 weeks now and its pretty nice would compare it to a trident case...pretty slim profile for a 2 piece. I would definately recommend to anyone. For the price its a good deal.

Bump! :)

Thanks Synenergy52, I went ahead and bought one. I want to especially thank you for the nice detailed (nice resolution and angled) pictures; it's very helpful when you can see an actual image--not some 'stock' photograph on the buyer's page.

Anyway, I actually purchased it from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...ccessories&hash=item416695ab2f#ht_2241wt_1396 In case the sale is done, I paid $6.49 USD.

Interestingly, that seller has several color variants. Too bad I'm not very original, although I was tempted with their neon green and black case, hence why I went for the black one (also because that's the one I could see an actual image of, thanks to your review).
    Thanks for the review. Was looking for a new case for mine since TMo doesn't carry crap but the Body Glove case which svcks hot donkey testicles.