[Reviewed]_Review New 12.1.A.1.201 Firmware Android 4.3 From Sony

Search This thread

Amin.HVS

Aug 5, 2013
Lover The City of Light
picture.php

Xperia SP after long, able to get, new update from Sony . Previous updates the device that was very disappointing , too much criticism along. Bugs and flaws in the basic version of Android 4.3 has caused many users will not even go back to android 4.1 to android 4.3 Survival prefer .
With all these updates graduate 2 april 2014 Sony finally released this device . Many of the problems in the previous version of the update is completely dissolved . Although too early to talk about the general objection to this ROM, but some changes are fully seen until this moment, it's time.

- Improved Speed: This version is the first thing seen, the high speed of the device after the update. However, if in the coming days, as well as firmware version before it slowed and no speed loss!

- Improved battery consumption: power consumption and energy consumption per unit is much improved in this version perfectly optimized.

- LED effect in solving the problem Walkman: One of the most attractive features of the Xperia SP, beautiful LED effects when playing music, but unfortunately this feature the Android 4.3 update will be somewhat difficult. Fortunately, this problem has been fixed in this version as well.

- Free Space Ram: In previous versions, you will also be faced with a shortage of RAM space. This version is somewhat optimized RAM machine in normal mode, users will be more than 300 MB of available space. Of course it also depends on user requirements and applications installed on the device will be.

picture.php

- Hot issue the device: the problem also existed in the previous version have been largely resolved. Hot issue over the phone, some users were facing, as well as the update will fix it.

The above experiences only a few hours we had this version . If you 've received the update and change yourself and let us know . :fingers-crossed: ;)

Oblox

Oct 8, 2012
Maidstone
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
To add my 2p worth, having been trying CM 10.2, PAC-man, AOKP since the dire release that was 266 I thought id try out Sony's latest effort and I have to say im not impressed. It is better than the 266 release but 201 still has problems, the screen flickering even if only occasionally is a pain, and the lagginess the system gets is still present even if it is improved over the initial 4.3 release.

The camera is still extremely slow to load from the lockscreen or when unlocked, compared to CM's camera this is truly abysmal if you want to capture something quickly. Also I found some apps reporting my SD card twice so my gallery of choice (QuickPic) showed two lots of every photo.

For those who dont want to try anything else than stock id say this release is worth going to if you have 4.3 but stick with 4.1.2 otherwise. For anyone else try CM10.2 or AOKP, both are far more customisable, user friendly and they just work tons faster than Sony's efforts. Plus you can get many of Sony's apps to install on them anyway so wont miss out on the features.

klacenas

Nov 30, 2011
Boracay Island Paradise
I think this one is better than the existing unofficial CM roms. Tried them but somehow. after some tests this one is still more stable. But thats only my own opinion. ;)

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marsx1984

Jul 10, 2011
Bucharest
My review:
1. RAM management: the same as before ....just like in 4.1.2 and in .266. So in other words Real Racing 3 still crashes randomly...
2. Battery life: I have no ideea . It's been just over a day since the update hit and everyone who says it's better or worse is just under some sort of placebo efect.My guess is battery life is as good as it was in 4.1.2 and in .266
3. Walkman LED effect: SOLVED , but I could not care less about this.
4. Improved Speed ?!!?! Again some people had too much placebo for dinner .266 was running really nice for me , just like 4.1.2 , I had no complaints in this departement
5. Camera : My XPERIA NEO still takes much better pics than the SP
6. Overheat: In that one race I played before Real RAcing 3 crashed my phone did not seem that hot ....so maybe it's not running as hot as before in full load.Further tests may be needed.

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
The Led is still not.dancing for me when on max volume :/

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

xarli999

Oct 14, 2012
Fast Dormancy issue not solved :(
Check battery stats and look onto "Android System" or "Android OS", you´ll see thousands of wakups if you are using 3G

xTerraH

Jan 25, 2013
My review:
1. RAM management: the same as before ....just like in 4.1.2 and in .266. So in other words Real Racing 3 still crashes randomly...
2. Battery life: I have no ideea . It's been just over a day since the update hit and everyone who says it's better or worse is just under some sort of placebo efect.My guess is battery life is as good as it was in 4.1.2 and in .266
4. Improved Speed ?!!?! Again some people had too much placebo for dinner .266 was running really nice for me , just like 4.1.2 , I had no complaints in this departement
6. Overheat: In that one race I played before Real RAcing 3 crashed my phone did not seem that hot ....so maybe it's not running as hot as before in full load.Further tests may be needed.

There is most definitely improved speed compared to .266. ram management has been improved. Battery life has also definitely being improved.
MY REVIEW:
Lay off the 'shrooms brah.

ohmygel

May 9, 2012
I am using 201 firmware, any suggestion guys on how to increase the available ram?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396600204897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396600204897.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 622

coombes69

Apr 4, 2014
Bromsgrove
Better than stock but still a little buggy

I did see the flickering issue with both 4.1.2 and 4.3 but it is easily resolved by turning off adaptive light in the brightness settings.

biggest problem for me with 4.3 is PPTP VPN is broken and looking at other forum posts this seems to have been broken since .266

UI is definately smoother but still not perfect, i have seen a big improvement to the camera.

mrhnet

Jan 2, 2012
I am using 201 firmware, any suggestion guys on how to increase the available ram?

Increasing "free RAM" per se doesn't benefit much.. much of it is used for cache (in ram). See "show cached processes"-all of those are in reported 'free ram'. In other words, "free ram" is not wasted in Android. If an app needs ram, android automatically shuts down apps in memory.

Actual physical unused free ram is very little..Type this command in a terminal to see:
cat /proc/meminfo

klacenas

Nov 30, 2011
Boracay Island Paradise
My review:

Just a comment regarding RR3, I dont how my setup defers from yours. But mine is perfectly working. No more crashes, graphics is so smoth now. I've been playing this game way back when I still have my galaxy w. But with this rom, im trully satisfied.

Edit: im rooted and using greenify

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
Agree that it helps very little (on .201)...

I use 3 prongs attack to manage rams. After checking what process is running, I:
  1. Use SD Maid to stop "autostart" for appz I don't need. I was surprised to find officesuite (and a few others) "autostart"
  2. I use Titanium to freeze (and ultimately uninstall appz I don't need, after backing up). eg I don't need "calendar" as I prefer 3rd party's, so i uninstall it (could not uninstall 'calendar storage" as the 3rd party appz needs it)
  3. Greenify those that lives in the background (titanium, root explorer, etc)

As of this writing I have between 200~300MB free despite the above. I am on Purexperience Sirius Rom.
I got more when I was on .254. Nonetheless there is no lag with the system and I think it is more than enough for my purpose.

marsx1984

Jul 10, 2011
Bucharest
Just a comment regarding RR3, I dont how my setup defers from yours. But mine is perfectly working. No more crashes, graphics is so smoth now. I've been playing this game way back when I still have my galaxy w. But with this rom, im trully satisfied.

Edit: im rooted and using greenify

You have answered your own question: you are rooted and using greenify. I know there are lots of ways you can improve ram management , but this is a review of the stock rom without any outside intervention.I don't use any of those ways because I don't even play RR3 any more , I just use it as an ultimate benchmark.The graphics and the speed were allways flawless ,but the crashes are allways there with this game. The only other crashes I encountered in 4.1.2 and .266 were with antutu witch seem to be gone(ran it twice with no crash and got ~23000 )
Don't get me wrong , I like how the phone works after this update , but I never was that dissapointed with .266.

ohmygel

May 9, 2012
When i was using the .266 firmware, there was an update for walkman but after receiving .201, my walkman has downgraded. Why is that?

devilShAnto

Apr 18, 2014
xperia sp

I have xperia sp c 5302.....main mateer is that it is wanting version update. 12.1.A.0.266.....my question is that if I upgrade it there have any chance to facing problem?

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
I'd like to tell you guys to be happy with this bug fixed version of 4.3. Because, kit kat sucks and is MUCH slower than 4.3. There are SD card restrictions too on kit kat.

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

Xperia SP after long, able to get, new update from Sony . Previous updates the device that was very disappointing , too much criticism along. Bugs and flaws in the basic version of Android 4.3 has caused many users will not even go back to android 4.1 to android 4.3 Survival prefer .
    With all these updates graduate 2 april 2014 Sony finally released this device . Many of the problems in the previous version of the update is completely dissolved . Although too early to talk about the general objection to this ROM, but some changes are fully seen until this moment, it's time.

- Improved Speed: This version is the first thing seen, the high speed of the device after the update. However, if in the coming days, as well as firmware version before it slowed and no speed loss!

- Improved battery consumption: power consumption and energy consumption per unit is much improved in this version perfectly optimized.

- LED effect in solving the problem Walkman: One of the most attractive features of the Xperia SP, beautiful LED effects when playing music, but unfortunately this feature the Android 4.3 update will be somewhat difficult. Fortunately, this problem has been fixed in this version as well.

- Free Space Ram: In previous versions, you will also be faced with a shortage of RAM space. This version is somewhat optimized RAM machine in normal mode, users will be more than 300 MB of available space. Of course it also depends on user requirements and applications installed on the device will be.

picture.php

- Hot issue the device: the problem also existed in the previous version have been largely resolved. Hot issue over the phone, some users were facing, as well as the update will fix it.

The above experiences only a few hours we had this version . If you 've received the update and change yourself and let us know . :fingers-crossed: ;)
    My review:
    Special Thanks to @willverduzco for note this review in XDA-Portal
    Well using alot of monitoring apps and cleaners are also RAM consumers. Funny part is that altho I have 70 MB free at the moment there is absolutly no lag or problem :)