Stock AT&T Recovery

Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
here is the output of getvar all
does anyone know why this shows 0mv for the battery?

The getvar data look fine (AT&T RUU should work).

Don't know what you can be causing the RUU to think your battery is low. Just a guess, but maybe try to factory reset to see if there is some existing battery stats data that is screwing something up?

Also, try a different USB port on the PC, and a different cable.

Reactions: thandlovsky

thandlovsky

Dec 24, 2011
The getvar data look fine (AT&T RUU should work).

Don't know what you can be causing the RUU to think your battery is low. Just a guess, but maybe try to factory reset to see if there is some existing battery stats data that is screwing something up?

Also, try a different USB port on the PC, and a different cable.

I've tried everything. A different cable, a different port, a different computer. I've flashed different types of different roms and then run it. When I get a chace, I am going to try and find a nandroid backup of ATT 4.4.4 with the 3.xxx firmware and then try it again

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
I've tried everything. A different cable, a different port, a different computer. I've flashed different types of different roms and then run it. When I get a chace, I am going to try and find a nandroid backup of ATT 4.4.4 with the 3.xxx firmware and then try it again

But did you try a factory reset as I suggested? Not everyone does this when flashing ROMs, so its ot clear from your description whether you did a fully wipe or not.

Did you try both the 3.42 and 4.28 RUUs? Based on your details, either should work on your phone.

And your bootloader is RELOCKED? It probably would not have gotten to the point of telling you low battery if it was UNLOCKED. But its always good to check the "easy stuff" before digging deeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: thandlovsky

thandlovsky

Dec 24, 2011
But did you try a factory reset as I suggested? Not everyone does this when flashing ROMs, so its ot clear from your description whether you did a fully wipe or not.

Did you try both the 3.42 and 4.28 RUUs? Based on your details, either should work on your phone.

And your bootloader is RELOCKED? It probably would not have gotten to the point of telling you low battery if it was UNLOCKED. But its always good to check the "easy stuff" before digging deeper.

Yes I did a factory reset.

Yes, Both.

Yes fastboot oem lock.

Still can't get it to go. I'm currently looking for a stock 4.4.4 nandroid backup and recovery to try those and hope for the best.
But I don't have my old backup and can't find any on here.

Kristian2018

Dec 1, 2014
Yes I did a factory reset.

Yes, Both.

Yes fastboot oem lock.

Still can't get it to go. I'm currently looking for a stock 4.4.4 nandroid backup and recovery to try those and hope for the best.
But I don't have my old backup and can't find any on here.
I am looking for both myself ..... If it isn't too much trouble could u please share it , if or when u get it .... And if I stumble across a copy I will post for u too..... Thanks in advance

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Not seeing any nandroids of 3.42.502.1.... Link to official RUU though....lock/relock bootloader....connect via fastbootusb....run ruu....in this state i do not think need stock recovery to run ruu...only for ota's

http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...40.34.C35006.02_F_release_407726_signed_2.exe

I confirm that you do not need stock recovery to RUU.

Also second the notion that stock nandroids are not common for the ATT version M8, as the RUUs are widely available. The main reason other CIDs have resorted to stock nandroid collections is due to the lack of RUUs.

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Hold power and vol+ and vol- for at least 30 seconds. It should reset battery stats. Also, try charging the phone with it off until the led turns green, and then charge it in recovery until it is at 100%.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts