[APP] T-Mobile WiFi Calling for JPK 2.2.1

Search This thread

Segnaro

Aug 5, 2010
After many hours of trying to get this working, I think I've finally succeeded.

Please test that both Wifi Calls and Normal Calls are working properly and that Wifi Calling doesn't force close. :)

Flash this with CWM. This was tested on BiWinning 3.0

Attachments

• CAP201106261236.jpg
    CAP201106261236.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,548
  • WifiCalling_2.2.1.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 3,761
Last edited:

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Surprised, so many people were after this. Now it's been here for 6 hours and no one has flooded this thread yet?

Shermer321

Jan 12, 2011
Surprised, so many people were after this. Now it's been here for 6 hours and no one has flooded this thread yet?

I agree. I just think with the leap in gingerbread and themes for 2.2 this is lost. But i cannot wait for wifi calling in gingerbread. Great step forward.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

burgon

Mar 10, 2009
I'm very happy about this, I'm going to try the new toxic or biwinning tomorrow. But I really can't wait to see this for 2.3

THANKS

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I agree. I just think with the leap in gingerbread and themes for 2.2 this is lost. But i cannot wait for wifi calling in gingerbread. Great step forward.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Same here, there's just not much demand now for 2.2.1 mods. With gingerbread having mostly working GPS, it is a "might as well" upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

kolomari

Oct 3, 2009
Awesome...

This is great. My wife's phone is running on a 2.2 ROM because there was no 2.2.1 version of wifi calling. I'll upgrade her tonight and see how it works.

burgon

Mar 10, 2009
Running biwinning and wifi calling so nice thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

noinoi24

Oct 9, 2009
California baby!

i guess its cuz after finding out that wifi calling still uses your minutes (asfter talking to a tmobile tech suppot), then thats why... i think most people think wifi calling is free... it is actually beneficial for especially for those people who have weak network signal on their place..

Dattack

Dec 14, 2010
i guess its cuz after finding out that wifi calling still uses your minutes (asfter talking to a tmobile tech suppot), then thats why... i think most people think wifi calling is free... it is actually beneficial for especially for those people who have weak network signal on their place..
Saved tons of money if you go abroad to call home.

Br1cK'd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Awesome sauce! I banged my head against this one until I just couldn't do it anymore, then completely lost hope when I was providing logs to the Nexus S guys trying to port Wifi calling, and saw the constant failure they were running into. Man, this is good stuff!

Reactions: drago10029

wachalookinat

I read an forum somewhere where people were calling tmobile and having added to their plan and so long as you have it added "officially" then minutes weren't debited from their plan. people with grandfathered plans won't be able to do this without losing their grandfathered plans. People were having better success adding this feature online with a live chat from tmobile, as some representatives had no idea what people were talking about while others added it with no problems. I guess it matters which rep your get. But there were many people conforming that once the feature was added they confirmed no minutes being debited in "my accounts" etc.

Sent from my T959 using XDA Premium App

bbm21

Jul 24, 2010
Saved tons of money if you go abroad to call home.

So if im in england and if I use widow calling to text will it still have the rediculous roaming fees or will it be normal tmobile fees(I have unlimited to texting.. so free)

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
So if im in england and if I use widow calling to text will it still have the rediculous roaming fees or will it be normal tmobile fees(I have unlimited to texting.. so free)

The way Wifi Caling works is that it uses the internet to send and receive both calls and txt(not MMS). So in theory this should work the same no matter where you are in the world. Now there have been reports of it working successfully and other reports where it was not. So for you I would simply goto a free wifi cafe and turn on Wifi, attach to that free wifi and then turn on wifi calling. If it connects then send a txt to verify it is connected. If it goes through then you will have txt and calling as if you were standing in the US. :D in theory that is.

Reactions: bbm21

bbm21

Jul 24, 2010
Thanks... Ill try it on jpj hopefully it doesn't charge us allot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After many hours of trying to get this working, I think I've finally succeeded.

Please test that both Wifi Calls and Normal Calls are working properly and that Wifi Calling doesn't force close. :)

Flash this with CWM. This was tested on BiWinning 3.0
    Awesome sauce! I banged my head against this one until I just couldn't do it anymore, then completely lost hope when I was providing logs to the Nexus S guys trying to port Wifi calling, and saw the constant failure they were running into. Man, this is good stuff!

The way Wifi Caling works is that it uses the internet to send and receive both calls and txt(not MMS). So in theory this should work the same no matter where you are in the world. Now there have been reports of it working successfully and other reports where it was not. So for you I would simply goto a free wifi cafe and turn on Wifi, attach to that free wifi and then turn on wifi calling. If it connects then send a txt to verify it is connected. If it goes through then you will have txt and calling as if you were standing in the US. :D in theory that is.
    It would be awesome if someone was able to update/rebuild this app to run on CM10 based Jelly Bean.