Roms will not flash

Search This thread

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
Hello, I just recently rooted my note 3 and used safestrap to install roms. So far I have tried to install Hyperdrive and Jelly beans. neither will flash correctly. They go through the entire process and say sucessful. But then they say "unable to mount '/system," and "unable to mount '/systemorig."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
Oh hell, now it wont even let me restore my backup. It was before. When i try now it says E: Unable to mount '/system. 5 times. Ugh. This blows. Cant reboot either. tells me no os installed.

z06mike

Sep 16, 2010
Are you trying to install on the stock slot?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

amebiasis

Feb 22, 2011
Montrose, CO/ Vero Beach, FL
Oh hell, now it wont even let me restore my backup. It was before. When i try now it says E: Unable to mount '/system. 5 times. Ugh. This blows. Cant reboot either. tells me no os installed.

Did this on my tablet formatted the system and my internal memory on accident. Try downloading via a computer or tablet or other phone a ROM onto a Micro SD card then flash your ROM that way, that's what I had to do hopefully that will work for you. Sounds like your running with no ROM installed at all and you might of erased or corrupted your back up. Good luck!

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
Are you trying to install on the stock slot?

Yes, I am installing on the stock slot. I fixed everything with odin and re rooted and everything. Roms will install successfully now but will not boot When I start the phone i get a black screen. That's it.

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
What version of SS do you have installed?

SS 3.72. I took the nc4 OTA. I used towel root, the newest version of chainfire supersu, installed busy box, then I installed SS 3.72. Everything worked great. I read that romslots will not work in 3.72 so I did a backup and i've tried to install Hyperdrive, Jelly beans (which i learned will not work since its 4.3 based BUT it still installs), and Eclipse. They all install but do not boot at all. Restoring my backup works fine though,

stuckwithverizon

Jun 18, 2014
Yes, I am installing on the stock slot. I fixed everything with odin and re rooted and everything. Roms will install successfully now but will not boot When I start the phone i get a black screen. That's it.

That is pretty much what i am encountering as well. I have stock backed up and i can boot into that if i need to but installing another rom on the stock slot or slot 1 is fine but the problem is booting. It will go up to the screen where it shows safestrap screen and then i just get a blank black screen. I left on for over 10min and nothing.

I got slot 1 to work by toggling the memory allocation to maximum. I believe it is unsupported at this point 3.72? somewhere I read that. You can only install rom on stock slot at this time. I tried installing on both but nada.

The system not mounting I get as well but sometimes it lets me check it and sometimes it does not let me check it. Dunno why.

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
I had the system not mounting problem, I returned to stock with odin and I dont have that issue anymore. The only problem I have now is the roms not booting.