whodat711

May 7, 2011
New Orleans
Moto E5
Samsung Galaxy S20
Last edited:

Aalesund

Jul 22, 2014
I've instlled this "TWRP 3.2.1-moto-e5++-0" on Moto E5 XT-1920-16 (PETTYL) and works! Then successfully flashed Magisk 18.1 and now I have a root.
Thank you!

But now I have a problem. My phone tried to install OTA update and boot into Recovery to complete instalation. But because it's a TWRP the update can't be installed.
Now the phone only boot into TWRP. Can't start the system. Even on TWRP menu -> Reboot -> System then the phone boot again into TWRP. How to fix it?

Reactions: whodat711

AeonFlux1603

Feb 1, 2019
I've instlled this "TWRP 3.2.1-moto-e5++-0" on Moto E5 XT-1920-16 (PETTYL) and works! Then successfully flashed Magisk 18.1 and now I have a root.
Thank you!

But now I have a problem. My phone tried to install OTA update and boot into Recovery to complete instalation. But because it's a TWRP the update can't be installed.
Now the phone only boot into TWRP. Can't start the system. Even on TWRP menu -> Reboot -> System then the phone boot again into TWRP. How to fix it?
You need kill the repeating OTA install sequence or, like you reporting, every time you boot into system, OTA installation get triggered and you get caught in the cycle. In TWRP menu, Mount System, go back main menu find your TWRP File Manager. Select System folder, Priv-App, find your OTA app (may be name 3C_OTA or something similar). Go ahead delete it if you don't plan on installing OTA on your device. You can also delete the OTA update zip package to stop your OS from continual trying to install it. In TWRP you need mount Cache, use TWRP File Manager again to open Cache directory, search for the OTA zip package and delete it.

Reactions: whodat711
May 29, 2017
Reactions: miguel35474

diaconu.silviu

Sep 9, 2008
Home Town
Working recovery R9.0-3 on xt1920-16

i got this error C:\Users\GPS\Downloads\OrangeFox-R9.0-3-pettyl.zip: Unexpected end of archive. Using 7zip i extracted recovery.img and copied to external sd card and also to platform-tools folder. In fastboot i used "fastboot boot recovery.img" command , my phone booted to Orange recovery and there i used "Install Image" to flash recovery. If i try to flash downloaded zip file gives me an error Now i have working recovery and root (magisk 18.1) on E5 Play :victory:!

APC73

Nov 24, 2010
anyone still have pettyl-decrypt.zip? if so can you please upload it somewhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do not have this device however I made these files for PETTYL users..
    if you download it and it works, please hit the give THANKS button!

http://remainsilent.net/pettyl-twrp.img ------- fastboot flash recovery pettyl-twrp.img
    http://remainsilent.net/pettyl-decrypt.zip TWRP ->> install ZIP ->> pettyl-decrypt.zip
    You can get custom recovery I built @ https://orangefox.tech
    it should be all you need
    Thank you!

Thank you!

You need kill the repeating OTA install sequence or, like you reporting, every time you boot into system, OTA installation get triggered and you get caught in the cycle. In TWRP menu, Mount System, go back main menu find your TWRP File Manager. Select System folder, Priv-App, find your OTA app (may be name 3C_OTA or something similar). Go ahead delete it if you don't plan on installing OTA on your device. You can also delete the OTA update zip package to stop your OS from continual trying to install it. In TWRP you need mount Cache, use TWRP File Manager again to open Cache directory, search for the OTA zip package and delete it.
    I do not have this device however I made these files for PETTYL users..
    if you download it and it works, please hit the give THANKS button!

http://remainsilent.net/pettyl-twrp.img ------- fastboot flash recovery pettyl-twrp.img
    http://remainsilent.net/pettyl-decrypt.zip TWRP ->> install ZIP ->> pettyl-decrypt.zip

the links are dead i beg these files get re-uploaded please!!!!