DIY bumper case + Nexus wireless charger

Search This thread

hOrnizuka

Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
I was looking for a true bumper case to use with my Nexus wireless charger car dock. However it seems that there aren't any quality ones out there. So I bought a Rearth Ringke Fusion case, remove the back and made a bumper case out of it. =) It is slimmer than Spigen Neo Hybrid. The sides are stretchy enough that can be pushed outward a bit. I have never used a true bumper case before so I'm not sure if this kind of stretchiness is normal. The back is raised enough to protect the lens. I have dBrand skin installed so there is another layer of protection for the back/lens. Hopefully it will work like a true bumper case.

Attachments

• DSC_1864.jpg
    DSC_1864.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 893
  • DSC_1865.jpg
    DSC_1865.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 726
  • DSC_1866.jpg
    DSC_1866.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 754
  • DSC_1863.jpg
    DSC_1863.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 710
  • DSC_1869.jpg
    DSC_1869.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC_1872.jpg
    DSC_1872.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 613
Reactions: sesz

maharijn

Feb 7, 2014
Looks nice! Was it hard tot remove the back of the case? I think i'll give it a try to!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hOrnizuka

Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
Looks nice! Was it hard tot remove the back of the case? I think i'll give it a try to!

It takes quite a bit of force to take it out but just keep on trying and eventually you can push it out for sure. I have only done this on a Ringke Fusion. Spigen Ultra Hybrid is another possible candidate. However I can't guarantee the back is removable.

Martin-Doc

Jun 2, 2012
Brno, Czech Republic
Friendly advice: Don't do it. I just did, and the bumper alone is super wobly = hardly any relevant protection for the phone + uncomfortable in the hand. Tomorrow, I'm buying a superglue to glue it back together :D

albert1500

Aug 6, 2011
Dallas, TX
hey what base is that holding up the wireless charger?

thats pretty much exactly what i've been looking up. want to mock up something just like it.

Reactions: sesz

sesz

Jun 5, 2010
ny
That base is exactly what I am looking for as well. Could you provide some more info on it thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was looking for a true bumper case to use with my Nexus wireless charger car dock. However it seems that there aren't any quality ones out there. So I bought a Rearth Ringke Fusion case, remove the back and made a bumper case out of it. =) It is slimmer than Spigen Neo Hybrid. The sides are stretchy enough that can be pushed outward a bit. I have never used a true bumper case before so I'm not sure if this kind of stretchiness is normal. The back is raised enough to protect the lens. I have dBrand skin installed so there is another layer of protection for the back/lens. Hopefully it will work like a true bumper case.
    hey what base is that holding up the wireless charger?

thats pretty much exactly what i've been looking up. want to mock up something just like it.