[VIDEOS] Moto X How to Root, recovery, roms, and much more

Search This thread

Tomsgt

Last edited:
D

Darth

Awesome! ;)

I'll be linking to this as well as the complete Moto x guide by @dray_jr I usually link to when people open threads without searching, before I report it. LOL

Great job! ;)

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Last edited:

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Here we go again with another fun how to thread will all my Moto X videos and more to come hope this can help out some noobs :)

Moto X Review

Moto X bootloader Unlock

Moto X VS. Moto G

Moto X unbrick and restore Tool

Moto X Safe Strap Recovery video

How to install TWRP on the unlocked Moto X

How to install CyanogenMod 11 KitKat Rom

More to come please subscribe to this thread
Mods please sticky I think this will really help people out will be adding more soon

Thanks, is there a link on how to root Moto X? It's kinda mentioned at the end of the unlock bootloader video.

Tomsgt

Thanks, is there a link on how to root Moto X? It's kinda mentioned at the end of the unlock bootloader video.

Check the twrp recovery install video it should have the root in it. Once the bootloader is unlocked just install twrp then flash supersu.zip in recovery to get root. It's pretty easy.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 running HyperDrive.

NameLessThugZero

May 26, 2008
St.Louis
So what if you want to move from 4.4 to 4.4.2 from an ATT, rooted, non Dev, non custom recovery moto x? I was under the impression using this boot loader unlock method only worked for Dev editions..

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
So what if you want to move from 4.4 to 4.4.2 from an ATT, rooted, non Dev, non custom recovery moto x? I was under the impression using this boot loader unlock method only worked for Dev editions..

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You are correct. Bootloader unlock method only works for Dev Editions, and phones from T-Mobile, Sprint and other carriers where Moto gives out bootloader unlock codes. If you have an ATT or Verizon retail or Moto Maker X, and were not lucky enough to buy an unlock code from the Chinese seller (before it got shut down), you can not unlock your bootloader and use TWRP to root.

If you have a LOCKED (and not unlockable) bootloader, like ATT/Verizon, and you are on rooted 4.4 using SlapMyMoto and disabled write protection by using MotoWpNoMo, taking the 4.4.2 OTA update will revert the effects of MotoWpNoMo, patch the exploit used, and write protection will become re-enabled. You will likely keep root, but with write protection enabled, any changes you make to /system or the other protected folders will be lost at power off/on, making root less useful. Since 4.4.2 also patches the exploit used to gain root, if you hadn't rooted before taking 4.4.2, you wont be able to root it once its on your phone.

HOWEVER... If you are rooted & write protection disabled with 4.4, you could consider using SafeStrap with 4.4.2. I don't know how well it works (I have a Dev Edition, so I haven't tried it), but it is an option for using 4.4.2

Top Liked Posts