[Pre Rooted Stock]No wipe,No flash counter raise + Guide How to make Prerooted ROM

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Pre Rooted Stock ROM

Here is complete stock Pre rooted ROM

( MUST READ THIS before flashing DMF2/ME6 or any newer )

July13
N7100XXDMG1_N7100ODDDMG1_N7100DDDMG1- Deodexed - India - Download - Detail here

N7100XXDMG1_N7100ODDDMG1_N7100DDDMG1- Odexed - India - Download

June13
N7100XXDMF2_N7100OLBDMD2_XME - Malaysia
- Download - - - Mirror
SuperSu updated to latest 1.34
Package have addition mod zip file which is optional, If you want to install that mod, instead using packed one use this
April 2013
N7100XXDMC3_N7100ODDDMD1_N7100DDDLK6 (INU) -India - Download

March 2013
N7100XXDMC3_N7100OXXDMC2_N7100XXDLK7 (XEO) - Poland - Download

Installation Instruction

- Download ROM and extract to ***.tar.md5 (unzip tool)
- Make sure you have installed Kies OR Samsung USB driver
- Open up the S/W Installation Program by executing the Odin3 v3.04.exe

1. Enable the check mark by click on the following options(default Option)
- Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time
- Check PDA, and point to ROM file you have extracted

attachment.php

File name shown in above image is for demo purpose, you have to select according ROM you have download

2. Now switch off device and Enter into Download Mode
- Enter into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down button, Home Key and
Power Button simultaneously. And then, press Volume UP button in Warning Page to enter the Download Mode.

attachment.php
attachment.php

3. Connect the device to PC via Data Cable.
Make sure that the one of communication port [ID:COM] box is highlighted in
light blue. The device is now connected with the PC and ready to download the
binary file into the device.

4. Start downloading binary file into the device by clicking Start Button on the screen.
the green colored "PASS!" sign will appear on the upper-left box if the binary file has been successfully downloaded into the device.

5. Disconnect the device from the Data cable.
6. Once the device boots up, you can check the version of the binary file or name
by pressing the following code in sequence;
*#1234#

After flashing your device will have SuperSU in application drawer. If you want to unroot it, open SuperSu - settings - Full unroot.

First thing I do recommend after rooting device is
EFS Backup

Why so?
EFS folder contains some important and some basic info related to our device identity like Wi-Fi address, Bluetooth MAC address and the very main IMEI address (nv_data.bin).
Now if this EFS partition accidently corrupted then your phone’s IMEI no. will erased and you can not make voice call further. This kind of damage is often not accepted by the service center of your respected handset’s company.
Here your backup can only be savior for you.

-This is pure samsung stock ROM as it is + Root
-Non wipe
-Won't raise flash counter.
- Non Hotfile link

Again to make it clear, there is no any additional changes except pushing superSU (busybox added to April 2013 and onward), so there won't be have any difference from stock ROM, but you will not need to Root / reset counter. Just note that, flashing prerooted ROM doesn't reset counter, If your flash counter already raised flashing this ROM doesn't reset it, but you can use triangle away to reset counter after flashing this ROM. later you can uninstall triangle away.
Rooting is not difficult but still many users scare from it, this will come handy to them.
There is no plan to make every release Pre rooted, when there will be major update and myself update device that time will make that ROM pre rooted.
There is already thread in dev section by as i9000, which also have deodexed version and many other ROMs with multi CSC and regularly updating too. This thread will update only ROMs which i am using, as well basic aim is to write tutorial abiut how to make pre rooted ROM.
There are two other MB6 and DMB2 India are ready but really finding difficulty to upload. still i will try my best to upload it.

- Password to unzip - when there is any password to unzip, file name itself will have it.
- difference in file size from sammobile stock rom size is just due to different compression method, once you extract it will be same.

How to make prerooted stock ROM.

Requirements :
Ubuntu and login as Root user.
Ext4_utils - extract to home directory
Root files (su and Superuser.apk) - copy to home directory
busybox - copy to home directory (optional)

Procedure :
1.Download ROM you need to preroot and rename stock.tar.md5 (just to make command line input easy)

2.Extract ROM
Code:
tar xvf stock.tar.md5

3.convert system.img to ext4 so we can mount it.
Code:
./simg2img system.img newsys.img

4.delete system.img
Code:
rm -f system.img

5.Create temp folder and mount it
Code:
mkdir temp
mount -o loop newsys.img temp

6.Push root and busybox file to system and change permission

Code:
cp su temp/xbin/su
chmod 06755 temp/xbin/su

Code:
cp Superuser.apk temp/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 0644 temp/app/Superuser.apk

Code:
cp busybox temp/xbin/busybox
chmod 04755 temp/xbin/busybox

7.Conver newsys img to samsung system.img format

Code:
./mkuserimg.sh -s temp system.img ext4 tempdir 2048M

8.unmount and delete temp folder
Code:
umount temp
rmdir temp

9.create odin flashable tar file (here file names depends on files you have got by extracting ROM)
Code:
tar cvf prerooted.tar boot.img cache.img hidden.img modem.bin recovery.img sboot.bin system.img tz.img

10. add md5 checksum
Code:
md5sum -t prerooted.tar >> prerooted.tar
mv prerooted.tar prerooted.tar.md5

Now Flash prerooted.tar.md5 with odin.

Delete following files from home directory to make it clean
stock.tar.md5
newsys.img
and all files extracted while unpacking tar in step 1.

Credits :
Chainfire for his SuperSu
Phil3759
Credits to following user for referring their works on different forum
jazzor, rizdroid, das7982, faria

Last edited:

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
i thought it was just about placing su in xbin and supersu.apk in app -.-
yeah unpacking repacking and all can be a damn headache

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
No offense, leave the dev part to those who deserve this denomination and stick with the Guide Guru image that you have built for yourself and for which you get lots of credits and praise. I'd choose option 2.
Thanks for your excellent work of guiding noobs like me and troubleshoot their problems.
P_

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Ok,
So will make complete Guide with link to all needed utilities. But may take some time.
Meanwhile try to upload pre rooted rom too, and will add link in op. (I have made two roms mb6 and mc3)
But really difficult to upload every rom, or to make specific on request.
Whenever there is major update and if I will update my device, that time will make that rom pre rooted.
Thanks for patience.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

alexyuh

Jan 7, 2012
Saint-Peterburg
Ok,
So will make complete Guide with link to all needed utilities. But may take some time.
Meanwhile try to upload pre rooted rom too, and will add link in op. (I have made two roms mb6 and mc3)
But really difficult to upload every rom, or to make specific on request.
Whenever there is major update and if I will update my device, that time will make that rom pre rooted.
Thanks for patience.

I can help

alexyuh

Jan 7, 2012
Saint-Peterburg
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pre Rooted Stock ROM

Here is complete stock Pre rooted ROM

( MUST READ THIS before flashing DMF2/ME6 or any newer )

July13
    N7100XXDMG1_N7100ODDDMG1_N7100DDDMG1- Deodexed - India - Download - Detail here

N7100XXDMG1_N7100ODDDMG1_N7100DDDMG1- Odexed - India - Download

June13
    N7100XXDMF2_N7100OLBDMD2_XME - Malaysia
    - Download - - - Mirror
    SuperSu updated to latest 1.34
    Package have addition mod zip file which is optional, If you want to install that mod, instead using packed one use this
    April 2013
    N7100XXDMC3_N7100ODDDMD1_N7100DDDLK6 (INU) -India - Download

March 2013
    N7100XXDMC3_N7100OXXDMC2_N7100XXDLK7 (XEO) - Poland - Download

Installation Instruction

- Download ROM and extract to ***.tar.md5 (unzip tool)
    - Make sure you have installed Kies OR Samsung USB driver
    - Open up the S/W Installation Program by executing the Odin3 v3.04.exe

1. Enable the check mark by click on the following options(default Option)
    - Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time
    - Check PDA, and point to ROM file you have extracted

attachment.php

File name shown in above image is for demo purpose, you have to select according ROM you have download

2. Now switch off device and Enter into Download Mode
    - Enter into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down button, Home Key and
    Power Button simultaneously. And then, press Volume UP button in Warning Page to enter the Download Mode.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

3. Connect the device to PC via Data Cable.
    Make sure that the one of communication port [ID:COM] box is highlighted in
    light blue. The device is now connected with the PC and ready to download the
    binary file into the device.

4. Start downloading binary file into the device by clicking Start Button on the screen.
    the green colored "PASS!" sign will appear on the upper-left box if the binary file has been successfully downloaded into the device.

5. Disconnect the device from the Data cable.
    6. Once the device boots up, you can check the version of the binary file or name
    by pressing the following code in sequence;
    *#1234#

After flashing your device will have SuperSU in application drawer. If you want to unroot it, open SuperSu - settings - Full unroot.

First thing I do recommend after rooting device is
    EFS Backup

Why so?
    EFS folder contains some important and some basic info related to our device identity like Wi-Fi address, Bluetooth MAC address and the very main IMEI address (nv_data.bin).
    Now if this EFS partition accidently corrupted then your phone’s IMEI no. will erased and you can not make voice call further. This kind of damage is often not accepted by the service center of your respected handset’s company.
    Here your backup can only be savior for you.

-This is pure samsung stock ROM as it is + Root
    -Non wipe
    -Won't raise flash counter.
    - Non Hotfile link

Again to make it clear, there is no any additional changes except pushing superSU (busybox added to April 2013 and onward), so there won't be have any difference from stock ROM, but you will not need to Root / reset counter. Just note that, flashing prerooted ROM doesn't reset counter, If your flash counter already raised flashing this ROM doesn't reset it, but you can use triangle away to reset counter after flashing this ROM. later you can uninstall triangle away.
    Rooting is not difficult but still many users scare from it, this will come handy to them.
    There is no plan to make every release Pre rooted, when there will be major update and myself update device that time will make that ROM pre rooted.
    There is already thread in dev section by as i9000, which also have deodexed version and many other ROMs with multi CSC and regularly updating too. This thread will update only ROMs which i am using, as well basic aim is to write tutorial abiut how to make pre rooted ROM.
    There are two other MB6 and DMB2 India are ready but really finding difficulty to upload. still i will try my best to upload it.

- Password to unzip - when there is any password to unzip, file name itself will have it.
    - difference in file size from sammobile stock rom size is just due to different compression method, once you extract it will be same.

How to make prerooted stock ROM.

Requirements :
    Ubuntu and login as Root user.
    Ext4_utils - extract to home directory
    Root files (su and Superuser.apk) - copy to home directory
    busybox - copy to home directory (optional)

Procedure :
    1.Download ROM you need to preroot and rename stock.tar.md5 (just to make command line input easy)

2.Extract ROM
    Code:
    tar xvf stock.tar.md5

3.convert system.img to ext4 so we can mount it.
    Code:
    ./simg2img system.img newsys.img

4.delete system.img
    Code:
    rm -f system.img

5.Create temp folder and mount it
    Code:
    mkdir temp
    mount -o loop newsys.img temp

6.Push root and busybox file to system and change permission

Code:
    cp su temp/xbin/su
    chmod 06755 temp/xbin/su

Code:
    cp Superuser.apk temp/app/Superuser.apk
    chmod 0644 temp/app/Superuser.apk

Code:
    cp busybox temp/xbin/busybox
    chmod 04755 temp/xbin/busybox

7.Conver newsys img to samsung system.img format

Code:
    ./mkuserimg.sh -s temp system.img ext4 tempdir 2048M

8.unmount and delete temp folder
    Code:
    umount temp
    rmdir temp

9.create odin flashable tar file (here file names depends on files you have got by extracting ROM)
    Code:
    tar cvf prerooted.tar boot.img cache.img hidden.img modem.bin recovery.img sboot.bin system.img tz.img

10. add md5 checksum
    Code:
    md5sum -t prerooted.tar >> prerooted.tar
    mv prerooted.tar prerooted.tar.md5

Now Flash prerooted.tar.md5 with odin.

Delete following files from home directory to make it clean
    stock.tar.md5
    newsys.img
    and all files extracted while unpacking tar in step 1.

Credits :
    Chainfire for his SuperSu
    Phil3759
    Credits to following user for referring their works on different forum
    jazzor, rizdroid, das7982, faria
    MUST READ

MUST READ IF YOU FLASHING XXDMF2/ME6 OR later ROM

Latest built (DMF2/ME6) reported to have new kernel which modifies your EFS partition

So How does it affect?

-Once you flash said latest ROM, your EFS partition gets modified and previously built modem will no more work.
    It means once you flash this latest built, you have to stick to latest modem at least. You can downgrade to older ROM but after flashing you won't have IMEI, b'coz older ROM (modem) can't read modified EFS. So in such cases flashing latest modem (attached here at end) will solve issue.

If you have old EFS backup (made prior to flashing said latest built) then you can restore it instead of latest modem also will solve issue.

Recommendation

I recommend again to make EFS backup prior to flashing latest built to keep possibilities to use older ROM and modem

As well Make EFS backup post flashing latest built.

Here is different method available to make EFS backup

- Backup from device itself

- Backup with ADB tools

- Philz recovery

Modem:
    Here is modem(mf1) from ROM XXDMF2-XME
    http://d-h.st/T4n

Extract zip will give you three files for recovery(recovery.tar.md5), Kernel(boot.tar.md5) and Modem(modem.tar.md5). [Here for purpose mentioned in this post you need only modem.tar.md5]

To flash modem, you can use PC/Mobile odin
    For PC Odin, select file modem.tar.md5 for 'PHONE' tab
    For Mobile odin select modem.tar.md5 for 'Modem' tab.
    Ok Guys it's up now
    This is prerooted ROMN7100XXDMG1_N7100ODDDMG1_N7100DDDMG1_INU
    +
    Rooted (SuperSU 1.34)
    +
    busybox
    +
    Deodexed
    +
    Zipaligned

Non-Wipe, No Flash counter raise

Open Odin.exe (packed in odi3_v3.03 folder
    select PDA tab and point to attached deodexed/prerooted ROM
    For detail option picture attached to zip

Flash
    Reboot
    Open SuperSU - update binary (If ask)
    Done.

Zip also havingg Extra folder (Optional)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extra : folder contains
    1.philz_touch_5.06.1-n7100.tar.md5 is philx recovery, if you wish to flash (Optional)
    2.recovery.tar.md5 is stock recovery from same prerooted ROM, if you wish to revert to stock recovery any time (after flashing custom) you can use it.
    As I have said
    What's your opinion?
    Do I update rom
    Or
    You want guide, how to make it yourself.

Can some body tell me functionality of busy box ?
    Busybox is The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux
    Busybox is set of programs which allow users to have Unix/Linux utilities in single small executable file, busybox multi-platform and it is made for linux based operating systems.
    Busybox allows you or programs to perform actions on your phone using Linux commands. Android is basically a Linux OS with a Java compatible (Dalvik) machine for running programs. The Android kernel is a modified version of the Linux kernel. Busybox gives functionality to some application to work it.
    In normal use few applications needs it separately, some applications like titanium backup itself having it's own busybox.
    I recommend to install busybox only if your any application demand for that.
    You can simply install it from play store, but i don't recommend for that, as sometimes it mess up when you need to uninstall it.
    I recommend to flash busybox just with CWM OR If you have stock recovery then just use mobile odin to flash busybox flashable zip