[Indian Users] HTC One - General Discussions

Search This thread

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
Re: HTC One Indian buyers only

Htc one will be launched @38k and will get a price cut withing 2montgs to 34-36k worth the money unless s4 launches with quad octa and solid materials htc one is in my list

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Its already on preorder at clove @425£ i.e around 36000inr

rkial

Nov 25, 2012
Considering the One X+ is 38k and the Butterfly is 45k, I would be very surprised if this was under 40k.

Can always hope.

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Considering the One X+ is 38k and the Butterfly is 45k, I would be very surprised if this was under 40k.

Can always hope.
Just because (IMO) HTC might considered they're not flagships for a longtime and may be they wanted to make money with less no.of devices sold. Just like Sensation XL. It was priced at 38k at launch and One X was priced at 37k.

Reactions: razer1224

skywalker1162

Jan 12, 2012
Mumbai

When do you guys think it will launch in India . I can't wait for it to come . The moment it comes in India bye bye HTC one x , hello HTC one .

SKYDRAGON TEAM

razer1224

Feb 22, 2012

When do you guys think it will launch in India . I can't wait for it to come . The moment it comes in India bye bye HTC one x , hello HTC one .

SKYDRAGON TEAM

i think am gonna save my money
i would wait as snapdragon 600 is a mid high-end chipset
am consider getting a snapdragon 800:)

Sent from my Samsung GT-S9081 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Just because (IMO) HTC might considered they're not flagships for a longtime and may be they wanted to make money with less no.of devices sold. Just like Sensation XL. It was priced at 38k at launch and One X was priced at 37k.

i think u should wait....btw one x is still pretty good....it still is the very good screen overall

Sent from my Samsung GT-S9081 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: shree.cse

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
I dont think ONE will come for <40k...Considering BUtterfly is official MRP 46K...This will be around the same price as its a flagship device and Butterfly price will go down!

Reactions: razer1224

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi

I dont think ONE will come for <40k...Considering BUtterfly is official MRP 46K...This will be around the same price as its a flagship device and Butterfly price will go down!

Sensation was 39k sensation xl was 43k so what. You can see it will be priced competetively to fight from galaxy s4 and xperia z and zl

sandeep.mjs

Mar 25, 2012
kapurthala
Htc one will be launched @38k and will get a price cut withing 2montgs to 34-36k worth the money unless s4 launches with quad octa and solid materials htc one is in my list

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Its already on preorder at clove @425£ i.e around 36000inr

S4 is not octa. Some leaks confirm. We will see octa in 2014

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi

Considering htc butterfly was up for preorder at @560£ compared to htc one pre order price of @425£ 36-38k should be the price of HTC ONE

rkial

Nov 25, 2012
Considering htc butterfly was up for preorder at @560£ compared to htc one pre order price of @425£ 36-38k should be the price of HTC ONE

Could be.. But I thought the Butterfly wasnt for sale in the UK

I went through the pricing on clove.co.uk for other phone manufacturers (lumia 920, S3, note 2) and the price before VAT is similar to the prices in India..

But for HTC phones (one x, one X+ and 8x) the prices after VAT are similar to the prices in India.

:confused:

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi

At most we have to pay 38-39k at launch. Which will go down just a month after its release to somewhere near 35-36k so if you can hold on then just wait for galaxy s4 to arrive so that you can really choose the best ONE for you ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys just an ADVICE

If you get any HTC Phone and feel that there are some defects in it...for example if you say dead pixel or body construction issues with HTC One you can DEMAND a DoA* ( Defect on Arrival) certificate from HTC Service centre within 14 days of purchase with no questions asked.

How does DoA works.
    1. Once issued by HTC customer care or service centre people , one needs to go down to the store where he got it from along with the box and complete set of accessories and DoA certificate and hand it over to the store guy and take other SEALED UNIT of same product or any any other product of SAME VALUE

No one tells this thing...however, this is the policy ...so guys dont worry go for HTC one if any problem go for DoA certificate as per the service policies of HTC.

hope this helped....

cheers

IR
    HTC ONE Indian Thread!!

HTC-ProductDetail-Hero-slide-04.png

SPEC :

GENERAL

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    4G Network LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600
    LTE 1800 / 2600
    LTE 1900 - for Sprint
    LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - for AT&T
    LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100 - for T-Mobile
    SIM Micro-SIM
    Announced 2013, February
    Status Available. Released 2013, March

BODY

Dimensions 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm (5.41 x 2.69 x 0.37 in)
    Weight 143 g (5.04 oz)
    DISPLAY Type Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.7 inches (~469 ppi pixel density)
    Multitouch Yes
    Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 2
    - HTC Sense UI v5
    SOUND Alert types Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
    Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers, built-in amplifiers
    3.5mm jack Yes
    - Beats Audio sound enhancement

MEMORY

Card slot No
    Internal 32/64 GB, 2 GB RAM

DATA

GPRS Yes
    EDGE Yes
    Speed HSPA+; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
    Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
    NFC Yes (Market dependent)
    Infrared port Yes
    USB Yes, microUSB v2.0 (MHL)

CAMERA

Primary 4 MP, 2688 x 1520 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
    Features 1/3'' sensor size, 2µm pixel size, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, face and smile detection, optical
    image stabilization
    Video Yes, 1080p@30fps, 720p@60fps, HDR, stereo sound rec., video stabilization, check quality
    Secondary Yes, 2.1 MP, 1080p@30fps, HDR

FEATURES

OS Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.3 (Jelly Bean)
    Chipset Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600
    CPU Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300
    GPU Adreno 320
    Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
    Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
    Browser HTML5
    Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
    GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
    Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
    Colors Black, Silver, Red, Blue

- SNS integration
    - Dropbox (25 GB storage)
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    - TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
    - DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
    - MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
    - Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
    - Organizer
    - Document viewer/editor
    - Photo viewer/editor
    - Voice memo/dial/commands
    - Predictive text input

BATTERY

Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery

Stand-by Up to 500 h (2G) / Up to 480 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 27 h (2G) / Up to 18 h (3G)

MISC

SAR US 1.26 W/kg (head) 0.69 W/kg (body)
    SAR EU 0.86 W/kg (head) 0.36 W/kg (body)

TESTS

Display Contrast ratio: 1541:1 (nominal) / 2.504:1 (sunlight)
    Loudspeaker Voice 69dB / Noise 66dB / Ring 75dB
    Audio quality Noise -92.4dB / Crosstalk -92.4dB

Battery life Endurance rating 48h

It's not HTC but the distributor and retailers who are charging... DP is an indicative figure... They are all making the most of the shortage... Simple economics...

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Continuing from the above post...

I asked my dealer yesterday. Known him for ages and his mobile store is a rented shop owned by my friend. He told me to wait 10 days. Said the same thing happened with S4 when launched, despite the supplies being in massive numbers.

This is a tactic used by local branch offices and regional distributors (who are not technocrats at all). The mobile retailer hardly gets any margin these days. Such launches allows them to make a quick buck in the first 10 days when over enthusiastic people like us will pay over the odds to get our hands on the device first. That way, the branch/distributor does not have to give extra schemes to the retailers and they also settle their previous accounts by such favours.

Sad but true, this is a rampant practice in mobile and consumer electronics industry. There is MRP, DP, and then MOP. Consumer should get material at Market Operative Price. That way he gets a decent price and the retailer gets a 'survival' margin. For practical purposes, most material is sold between DP and MOP, which too is fair enough. Like has been pointed out time and again, despite what's printed - the new MRP is Rs.42,990, the DP is Rs.40,990, and MOP, which is mostly not written (purely my guess) should be around, Rs.39,500. And hence a price of Rs.39,900 hits the sweet spot.

Sites like Snapdeal, Indiatimes are not actual traders per se, and outsource supply of goods to other vendors, but subsidise from their marketing budgets to draw consumers in the hope they'd sell them profitable products in the future. Hence Rs.38,500 is their price, where they end up subsidising by about a Rs.1,000 below MOP. But then we all know more the people involved, more the chances of confusion and time delays.

Everyone is a grown up here. So I request people to stop blindly enquiring about prices. Don't join the mass hysteria and you won't be a hysteric. It's that simple.

Am a big fan of the device and getting one but am a bigger fan of not being held ransom or being blackmailed. I'll wait for 7 more days.

Just my two cents. Not really inviting a debate or a discussion on this, only my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree but let's not pollute the thread. If people are unhappy about what I've written, please feel free to PM me. I'll gladly delete the contents of this post.

And yes, for people who want the experience right now, well, a small premium won't hurt them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    drop price or same price(42900)?

Price is 41500!!! (checking to see if its mrp. or discounted price)
    saw the pic, luvinguy will be posting them soon

Update : here is a picture ( thanks to luvinguy )

987klv.jpg
    Got my Dev Edition !!

Today I have received my ONE Dev Edition, it's such a beautiful device that you can't move your eyes from it. Crafted with passion. Feels so smooth in hands. No gaps, perfect finish. It shows how hard work HTC did to bring it to perfection.