Clean Install SM-N9005 KK 4.4

Search This thread

burnin

Jan 24, 2013
Hello,

Can someone please tell me how i can do a easy clean install of the stock 4.4.2 ROM when it hits my SM-N9005?

Like "clean install Sotck ROM for dummies"

My idea is when it comes i want to have my Note 3 as it was 4.4 out of the box...

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Download 4.4.2 for your regin from the internet

Boot phone into recovery

Wipe data, wipe chache

Boot in download mode

Flash 4.4.2 in ap slot in odin 3.09

Boot normally, out of box expierience

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

Reactions: xSCHITaX

xSCHITaX

Sep 11, 2013
Hello,

Can someone please tell me how i can do a easy clean install of the stock 4.4.2 ROM when it hits my SM-N9005?

Like "clean install Sotck ROM for dummies"

My idea is when it comes i want to have my Note 3 as it was 4.4 out of the box...

Just wait until the right 4.4.2 ROM is available in your Country and flash it with Odin. Make sure you got the samsung driver installed! In Odin just check F.TIME RESET and AUTO REBOOT and choose in PDA your downloaded ROM.
(Maybe after that you have to make a "factory" reset under the settings in your Note3 ;)

burnin

Jan 24, 2013
My god!

My last phone was Sony Xperia S, and to do a clean install all i have to do is to say to the software update that i want a clean install...

I am a litle scare right now... dont know what is odin...

raver099

Nov 14, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S10
Just wait for ota to arrive, install it and afterwards go to settings, general, back-up and restore and do a factory data reset. Make sure you have a backup of things you need afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mguttsche

Dec 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
If you scared I recommend you that you don't do it. It's possible to hard brick your phone.
Also you have to check bootloader update in Odin, otherwise your phone gets a bootloop.
Don't try this if you not know what you are doing!!!
Also you can't step back to an earlier rom if you flash the the official 4.4.2 version cause bootloader is locked and atm there are no solutions for that.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Yip if you are scared to do it. Don't. You need to read up and read some more. Playing with firmwares is tricky and you can ruin your phone.

LaZer713

Jul 1, 2013
Just download the 4.4.2 the Official from Poland,Do a Factory Reset /wipeDATA/Cache

Then go to Download mode, open ODIN 3.07 and start.

burnin

Jan 24, 2013
Just wait for ota to arrive, install it and afterwards go to settings, general, back-up and restore and do a factory data reset. Make sure you have a backup of things you need afterwards.

I think this is what i want. Tell me one thing please, memory is erased? or only system memory?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I think this is what i want. Tell me one thing please, memory is erased? or only system memory?

If you flash XEO Official version, your data stays intact and nothing gets lost. -- IF you have a Hong Kong variant don't flash this at all.

EDIT:: You seem very very unsure, I'd advise you don't do it. Because you will be straight back here if you mess up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download 4.4.2 for your regin from the internet

Boot phone into recovery

Wipe data, wipe chache

Boot in download mode

Flash 4.4.2 in ap slot in odin 3.09

Boot normally, out of box expierience

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
    SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
    XDA Developers 4 premium app