[ROM][DEV][WIP] ACEvo GB - Desire HD/S Gingerbread Port (2.3.3 & 2.3.2 w/ Sense 2.1)

Search This thread

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
[ROM][DEV][WIP] ACEvo GB - Desire HD/S Gingerbread Port (2.3.3 & 2.3.2 w/ Sense 2.1)

Porting of the Gingerbread sense ROMs seems to be slow to take off so I am resurrecting ACEvo to help get the ball rolling. I'll do my best to keep this updated and to continue working on it but I don't have as much time as I would like to have to devote to it. This ROM will stay completely stock to make it easier to use as a base ROM.

Feel free to use this however you would like, all I ask is that if you fix something you share so everyone can have a fully functional base to build from. If you plan on porting this to other devices please link back to this thread.

Source code for the Desire S can be found at: http://developer.htc.com

If you are looking for a ROM to use as a daily TMartin03 posted a mostly functional DesireS port here. A quick overview of it is available here.

2.3.2 International Version

This one is actually a Desire S port but the interface is the same. Credit for the original port goes to abhi0n0nakul in the Nexus One forums and everyone who helped him get it up and going, it already had working hardware acceleration so there was no sense in spending time on the DHD ports. You can find his thread here.

Downloads:
ACEvo GB DS v0.4.09 (This is the only version that has HTC's spyware removed)
ACEvo GB DS v0.4.01

What's Not Working:
  • Wifi
  • GPS (can use your network location)
  • Bluetooth
  • Data will fail if rebooted from the Power menu, a battery pull should fix it. (Thanks to cgordon40x30 for the tip)
  • Camera
  • 4G & HDMI

Thanks go to:
Sniper911 for the ROM
dsixda for his kitchen
Tmartin03 for the heads up about this ROM
Cyanogen and his crew for everything they have done for Android and for supporting the Evo
Toastcfh for his work on the GB kernel
wdfowty and m0narx for the bin to view dependencies
honentan for the sound fix
The T3hh4xxor crew for making their OMGB ROM easily cannibalized
Everyone who helped get this ROM up and running on the Nexus One
And also to any one else I may have missed, shoot me a msg if you know of anyone and I'll be sure to add it

Last edited:

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
2.3.3 Chinese Version

For some reason .2 (and maybe .3) tends to sit at the splash screen for a few minutes on the first boot, just give it time to finish loading everything and it'll come up. Afterward it only takes a few seconds to boot.
Sound is working thanks to Honentan and the makers of OMGB ROM, gfx are still in the works though.

As of .3 I added the depends command to find out what libraries link to. You can use it through a shell with 'depends <lib name>'

Downloads:
ACEvo 2.3.3 GB v0.3
ACEvo 2.3.3 GB v0.2.03
ACEvo 2.3.3 GB v0.1

What's Working:
  • It boots
  • LEDs
  • All Sensors including Light and Proximity. (v0.2+)
  • GPS (v0.2+) --- Thing is quick, it got my location almost instantly.
  • MMS (v0.2+)
  • Data & Phone work but there's no Mic/Speaker yet... (v0.2+)
  • SD card is usable for the phone (v0.2+)
  • Sound & Mic (v0.3+)

What's not working:
  • Wifi
  • Camera
  • Bluetooth
  • Hardware acceleration

Downloads:
ACEvo GB v0.2
ACEvo GB v0.1
DesireHD GB System and Boot Dump

What's Working:
  • It boots
  • Proximity sensor
  • LEDs
  • Data (Voice?) (v0.2+)
  • SMS (v0.2+)
  • Capacitive touch buttons (v0.2+)
  • SD Card (v0.2+)

What's not working:
  • Sound
  • Wifi
  • Camera
  • Bluetooth
  • G-Sensors
  • Hardware GFX Drivers
  • MMS

Last edited:

ms79723

Jul 2, 2010
I'm about to download this hoe on my school wifi. Looks promising. Any loops so far?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Porting of the Gingerbread sense ROMs seems to be slow to take off so I am resurrecting ACEvo to help get the ball rolling. I'll do my best to keep this updated and to continue working on it but I don't have as much time as I would like to have to devote to it. This ROM will stay completely stock to make it easier to use as a base ROM.

Feel free to use this however you would like, all I ask is that if you fix something you share so everyone can have a fully functional base to build from. If you plan on porting this to other devices please link back to this thread.

Source code for the Desire S can be found at: http://developer.htc.com

If you are looking for a ROM to use as a daily TMartin03 posted a mostly functional DesireS port here. A quick overview of it is available here.

This one is actually a Desire S port but the interface is the same. Credit for the original port goes to abhi0n0nakul in the Nexus One forums and everyone who helped him get it up and going, it already had working hardware acceleration so there was no sense in spending time on the DHD ports. You can find his thread here.

Downloads:
    ACEvo GB DS v0.4.09 (This is the only version that has HTC's spyware removed)
    ACEvo GB DS v0.4.01

What's Not Working:
    • Wifi
    • GPS (can use your network location)
    • Bluetooth
    • Data will fail if rebooted from the Power menu, a battery pull should fix it. (Thanks to cgordon40x30 for the tip)
    • Camera
    • 4G & HDMI

Thanks go to:
    Sniper911 for the ROM
    dsixda for his kitchen
    Tmartin03 for the heads up about this ROM
    Cyanogen and his crew for everything they have done for Android and for supporting the Evo
    Toastcfh for his work on the GB kernel
    wdfowty and m0narx for the bin to view dependencies
    honentan for the sound fix
    The T3hh4xxor crew for making their OMGB ROM easily cannibalized
    Everyone who helped get this ROM up and running on the Nexus One
    And also to any one else I may have missed, shoot me a msg if you know of anyone and I'll be sure to add it
    Good job man!!! im finally home from snowboarding i will be fixing some stuff for ya downloading now :)
    ahah! we have progress :)
    @ xHausx

Here's a fix from the Desire thread

If people experience problems with their mobile connection when locking the screen:
    This ROM uses a RIL version 2.2 which causes problems on AOSP kernels.
    Just get the libhtc_ril.so library version 1.6 from CM7RC2 and push it to /system/lib/.

edit:
    I'm sure this will be epic; anybody know if the actual desire hd is worth a ****, is it better than the evo?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Other than being GSM, a 7x30, and no forward facing cam, it's the same phone.

But the 7x30 alone makes up for all of the "shortcomings" :D