Let's Face it Mt3g Fender Froyo 2.2.1 Impossible to root.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

freshkid87

Aug 14, 2010
for us noobs. it is damn near impossible to root this phone. i look all over the internet and i look up every possible related error nobody has an answer to/ adn thats the superoneclick method and it's "memory issue" ...it is impossible all. so we enjoy our slow phones in the meantime because some of us cant downgrade and go back to 1.6 because there is no data coverage. thank you all.

Um..... HUH???? Ilove these posts.

I was the first to root the fender Mytouch. Look around for my guide in the forum if you dont believe me. It took myself and Cursordroid 3 days of Gchat back and forth, files back and forth till we figured out exactly what needed to be done.

In the end, It was a gold card, a rom for a different phone, and ENG bootloader on long enough to flash a recovery... then everything back to stock. Now with all these Universal roots, zroot etc everyone thinks its always supposed to be just that easy.

I nearly broke 2 phones trying to get it rooted int he first place for people... Just because there isnt anything yet, stop your *****ing and have patience.

Better yet... everyone wants it rooted out of the box for eclair/froyo... but then an actual OYA update comes out for the newest version of Froyo.... and nothing but whining.....

DonJuan692006

Jul 22, 2010
Suffolk, VA
No he's saying he's aggravated your complaining about SuperOneClick when it used to almost take an act of god to get your phone rooted, which is the other guide in my signature (being the harder way).

freshkid87

Aug 14, 2010
and do you know how many pages you have in 3 days as composed to the other thread in months?

DonJuan692006

Jul 22, 2010
Suffolk, VA
Yeah, which just means that the new method isn't as reliable as the old, that's about it. What he's saying is that you didn't pour hours upon hours trying to get your phone rooted, so don't complain. I'm not flaming, just pointing out his point, which I tend to agree with. I had already rooted my phone by the time I made even my first post on here, and that was after about 16 hours spent researching and double-checking and trial and error. Now people are getting rooted in less than 15 minutes without having to do much outside read a post from the forum.

As for your problem with not having data coverage and SuperOneClick not working, you'd be better off rooting using the old method anyways. And yes, SuperOneClick has issues, but at least it works for 2.2.1 whereas the other two more popular programs (Universal Androot and z4root) died off with 1.6.

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
Man I agree with crypsmoker and donjuan about you people have no idea how much effort we put into rooting our phones. I learned adb installed development tools and researched countless hours before ever attempting the actual rooting. I am glad it was so hard then. Not saying I don't think less tech savvy people shouldn't have full control of their own phones. Sometimes it takes time to fully understand what it is you are doing and I hope it brings great satisfaction to all who succeed.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Impossible to root for newbs?
Well... there's a solution to that. Just don't be a newb.
Am I a newb? I can think of over a dozen just on the top of my head that aren't newbs. Yet we try to help those that are. And what do we get for our efforts? Posts like this. Here's a suggestion for any whiners, you can either NOT root your phone OR develop an easier alternative. Complaining about the process isn't going to get anyone anywhere. It's only going to frustrate the hell out of those that put in hundreds of hours to even make it possible for the non-newbs! Just reading this thread really pissed me off because it makes me realize what I've been wasting my time on. Helping newbs that can't root the phone because it's "impossible." And if you think that it really is impossible then try starting off with a brand new linux based operating system on an alien device. That was the G1. That was some work! It involved telnet, mounting the system as rw, dowloading and PUSHING files over with adb, etc. That was just to GET root. So now we have a 1-click method that doesn't always work on all devices and your pissed? Whatever. Anyone that isn't persistant enough to get root either doesn't want it bad enough or your just too damn lazy to accomplish it. All of the information is available and there are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people that have accomplished what you can't. So by that very definition there are probably more non-newbs than there are newbs like yourself! Yet you come in here and get all pissed off because you can't get root. Okay... so how is that everyone elses fault? We understand that your upset but don't start pissing all over those that worked hard to get us where we are now! I hate getting pissed on by ungreatful, newbs with a bad attitude! In fact... anyone that has that kind of attitude I will refuse to help them. Why? Because they will never be greatful and they will never learn anything for themselves. That is why I don't spoonfeed and don't support spoonfeeding. Just saying that you've "read all over the internet" for your solution is naive. There is so much information out there that you wouldn't get to read it all by your 90th birthday! Information that was put out there like people like those that you just spat on with your pointless thread!
So with that in mind...

THREAD CLOSED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.