Can you dump that ? That may provide some breakthroughs

edit - i thought it was out lol

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

Last edited:

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
We have all (okay, most) of the files we need, so no dumps are necessary. Right now Ghostdogg is working on getting SD card mounts supported (vold has some differences from the one in gingerbread), and I'm going to try to work on wifi tonight.

I'd like to have gfx acceleration, wifi, internal/external storage, and possibly audio working before I release a build for y'all to test out.

Things that _for sure_ don't work yet:
  • 2g signal
  • 2g/3g voice
  • 2g/3g/4g data
  • cameras
  • audio
  • power management (not sure if it's implemented correctly right now)
  • GPS
  • compass

Getting 2g signal to work might be as easy as adding a file from our /system/bin dir to the cm9 prop files, but getting the rest to work is going to be a pain.

As usual, either myself or Ghostdogg will post an update here when we have news-- and I'll update my github with our fixes as we confirm them.

Thanks for sticking around!

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
Come at me bro is a Bronx thing , you might know it from a buddy of mine from the neighborhood, Ronnie from the jersery shore.

I miss Aziz :( rip

bennec83

Come at me bro is a Bronx thing , you might know it from a buddy of mine from the neighborhood, Ronnie from the jersery shore.

I miss Aziz :( rip

im in Australia, but im from the UK, I'm actually a bodybuilder too, although I'm natural..

while ZYZZ looked good, I guess thats what happens when you take a concoction of multiple steroids, diuretics, cocaine and saunas!

Personally i think the use of drugs to enhance yourself is a mixture of personal failure and a weak mind, I didnt have any love for the guy, yet people seem to lap the guy up like he is some sort of hero!!

have you seen his videos...what an idiot, he is definitely someone i would have avoided like the plague - he needed a good old fashioned punch in the face!!

And he is gay...(not that that is an issue but why the hell did he pretend to be straight?)

That Jersey Shore program is funny as hell!!

Peace!

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
I strongly disagree with that and everything you said, please back to topic.

Edit- I also hope your not taking every other supplement down to a multi claiming your natural knocking a dead 22 year old for being good looking or liking drinking or house music,

Last edited:

bennec83

I strongly disagree with that and everything you said, please back to topic.

Edit- I also hope your not taking every other supplement down to a multi claiming your natural knocking a dead 22 year old for being good looking or liking drinking or house music,

Slight difference between a multi vit and injecting a ton of roids lol!!

i dont even use whey!!

thecubed

Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
C'mon guys, let's stay on topic-- flaming and random rants go in Off Topic, or IRC. Personal attacks go in /dev/null.

Good news: Ghostdogg just informed me that SD mounting works flawlessly now! We're getting closer to a public test release (not even an alpha yet haha)...

CasualStarlord

Mar 2, 2010
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
C'mon guys, let's stay on topic-- flaming and random rants go in Off Topic, or IRC. Personal attacks go in /dev/null.

Good news: Ghostdogg just informed me that SD mounting works flawlessly now! We're getting closer to a public test release (not even an alpha yet haha)...

Great news about the SD mounting, awesome!

Do we actually have mod's here or was that post a lie?

thecubed

Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Great news about the SD mounting, awesome!

Do we actually have mod's here or was that post a lie?

Eh, I don't expect the mods to be on top of everything-- I've noticed that a lot of mods are moderating quite a few forums at one time, that and I'm sure they have a day job :)

For the most part, I'm not too worried about off-topic conversations and whatnot, I just want to make sure the thread doesn't become a rand-and-rave thread or a bunch of personal attacks.

Remember, if y'all can't play nice in here, your phone will be blacklisted from the CM9 preview build :)

(kidding of course... or am I ? :) )

bproulx

Jan 5, 2012
Ajax
Google Pixel 3 XL
Eagerly awaiting the awesomeness :D

I am so very *very* excited about this thread.. omg.. ICS is going to be epic on the Raider/Vivid. I wish there was some way for me to help build it, but when it comes to linux I'm a n00b. I'm just competent enough to flash my phone with roms. Anything beyond that is well.. beyond my skillset, to say it nicely.. ;) I'm really excited though!! I dunno, I'm running the HoliRaider 1.5a rom atm and its pretty decent, I just want ICS (and of course the CM9 version is the way to go - stock can kiss my Canadian ass. :D ) and maybe a louder headphone jack lol...my Sennheisers are hungry.

miguelpaddy

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks to all developers working hard bring cm9 to vivid
I can't wait for first build

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy y'all!

So, here goes-- I finally managed to get a build to boot and stay stable for a few minutes before it became completely camera shy and stopped talking to me besides R2-esque bleeps and boops.

What works?!
    • Touchscreen
    • Lights
    • Vibrate
    • Buttons
    • Basic Graphics
    • USB Debugging

Beyond that list, not much else.
    I'm still having some issues with libgralloc and the new ICS 2d acceleration, as I'm completely unfamiliar with it.

That's okay, where can I download it??
    Right now I'm debating releasing my "alpha6" which is stable enough for people to aid in debugging, but as you'll see in my teaser pics/video not stable enough to even really use to debug at all.

How can I play along? I wanna build it from scratch too!
    Awesome. I set up everything you'll need on my github account.
    Just pull my repos to the proper places, and make some bacon.

https://github.com/thecubed/android_device_htc_holiday/tree/ics
    https://github.com/thecubed/android_vendor_htc_holiday/tree/ics
    You'll need both repositories to compile a working version...

All the instructions you need are in the README of the device tree.
    That said, these repo's aren't 100% up to date with my working versions just yet, since I tend to work locally then push milestones to github.

Let me see the teasers!
    Alright, alright already!

Youtube Video: http://youtu.be/fblRccHIHEU

Donation Information
    I love to develop. I don't do this for money, I do it just for the "thanks".

If you'd like to help out by donating a small amount to me to help me buy a SSD and some more RAM for my buildPC, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Please don't feel obligated to donate, but if you feel like it, you can click the button below to donate a small amount to me. If you don't want to, or can't-- don't worry, I know how you feel :)
    Thank you in advance!

I'll be updating this post as time goes on-- as I get more stuff working, I'll try to keep you all informed and up to date.

Thanks for your patience!
    Yes he says that all works except mobile data and the back speaker... (ringer)...
    Correct, and I've been able to test using a HTC Vivid I was able to purchase with help from a donation (unsure if he would like me to release his name). I'm using new adreno libs which seem to be functional on the Holiday (what this means is full GPU accel, no workaround). But the upload's going to need to wait until I get over to a friend's house to upload it. Upload keeps failing on my phone's connection.

Regarding the back speaker, it was due to a stupid mistake with a flag I was using, and should be fixed when this new build completes on my laptop.

A little bit of background; I've been without power for a few days due to snow and falling trees, and as such don't have internet at my home. Unfortunately my workplace is also without power, limiting my upload options. I had been uploading my previous builds to my goo-inside.me account, and the new build will follow suit. Don't worry, you guys will get the new build when I'm able to upload, which is guaranteed at this point given the work I've put into the Holiday.
    We have all (okay, most) of the files we need, so no dumps are necessary. Right now Ghostdogg is working on getting SD card mounts supported (vold has some differences from the one in gingerbread), and I'm going to try to work on wifi tonight.

I'd like to have gfx acceleration, wifi, internal/external storage, and possibly audio working before I release a build for y'all to test out.

Things that _for sure_ don't work yet:
    • 2g signal
    • 2g/3g voice
    • 2g/3g/4g data
    • cameras
    • audio
    • power management (not sure if it's implemented correctly right now)
    • GPS
    • compass

Getting 2g signal to work might be as easy as adding a file from our /system/bin dir to the cm9 prop files, but getting the rest to work is going to be a pain.

As usual, either myself or Ghostdogg will post an update here when we have news-- and I'll update my github with our fixes as we confirm them.

Thanks for sticking around!

So you have a working Cm9? Thats awesome!!!
    I do mostly. No more sysUI FC's, finally got radio, cam, and wifi working, though no mobile data. I haven't had power at my house the past few days (still don't), so I'm working on uploading my last build via my phone (on my second attempt now). When it's up I'll be creating a new thread for it so as not to clog up this thread.

Also, speaker isn't yet functioning, but headset functions, so the ringer won't work currently, but I believe it's an easy fix, and may have fixed it in my source, but must rely on my laptop for new builds due to power still being out at home and work.