Trident cases coming soon! UPDATE: 'Now Available'

Search This thread

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
Ray, Did you by from Trident directly, or Amazon?
I ordered last week from Amazon, and waiting for it to ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I ordered directly from trident with free shipping. Amazon doesn't have them in stock and their the same price so no difference lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Y

yollasho

Trident Aegis Mini Review

I ordered the Trident Aegis. Had it on the phone for a week or two. I'm no longer using it, but here is a tiny review.

Link to case:
http://www.tridentcase.com/case/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note/samsung-galaxy-note.html

Looks:
I ordered the blue one. The blue was a bit off from the picture but it was well within reason. Very bright/vibrant. The black hard plastic bit that slides over the rubber was not my favorite. Has a texture to it, kind of looks like ABS plastic or something (no idea what plastic it is). Also, like many plastics, it got a scuff from paint off a white baseboard in my house, and it was damn near impossible to get off. Overall, the case looks great out of the box and on initial install.

Fitment:
The case goes on very easily. Everything lined up perfectly. Headphone opening was marginally larger than Speck Candyshell, but you still won't be plugging anything major into it without light modifications. The rubber flap covering the headphone is nice, the one for the USB port never feels like it pops into place because it's surrounded by rubber, whereas the headphone port flap is surrounded by the plastic and seats nicely into its position. Overall fit and finish is definitely nice. The inner rubber slides very easily onto the phone, and the black plastic outer case slides very easily into position over it. Often, throughout the course of the day, the rubber around the earpiece would sort of tuck back under itself, likely from pulling it in/out of my pocket. This was very annoying and a result of how extremely flexible/pliable the rubber portion of the case is.

Protection and Usage:
The case feels very sturdy in the hand. It makes the phone feel significantly larger, although there are obviously even larger cases available...this case seems larger than it is, possibly because of the way they have squared the corners a bit to add some extra rubber there. It also adds a bit of weight. The phone still fit in my hand nicely, and wasn't large enough to force me into two-handing it the entire time. The rubber pads (which stick through the black plastic and invite a few curious looks at times) on the back provide a decent amount of grip when you set the phone on its back. If the phone is set facedown, there isn't as much grip as I would like, as the black plastic is very slippery and tends to be resting on the surface.

My only issue with the case is the corners. The rubber inner liner is very flexible, and the hard case does not cover the corners at all. If you press at all on the flexible rubber corners, the rubber can slide right past the corners. I don't believe it would ever be an issue in a drop, but it does not instill a great sense of security when you can just lightly press the corners of the case and move them a great amount. The rubber around the earpiece I mentioned in fitment was also very annoying in every day usage. Once it rolled under itself, I usually had to remove the black plastic portion to get it to sit back flush where it should be (I know, very fast/easy fix, but I hate doing it over and over).

Overall:
Overall, it is a cool looking case, especially if you need/want something to go out with, in a color other than black or white. I believe it would protect the device in a drop, and it did for me in tiny drops around the house (never really tested it luckily), but the inner rubber is so flexible it simply does not instill confidence. I trust my Speck Candyshell, and Case-Mate Tough Case more for serious usage. I am currently using the Cruzerlite Androidified TPU in green, and prefer it over the Aegis as well, even though it's minimal amount of rubber may not protect as well in an extreme drop. The Aegis has a few neat features like the flaps for the USB and Headphone, as well as the rubber protruding out the back for slip resistance.

The Trident Aegis seemed like a good idea at the time, and I liked it for maybe the first 10 minutes. I tried to get into it for two weeks and it never happened.

Love it or hate it. I don't think there is an in between with the Trident Aegis.

Last edited:

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
ok i saw the pic of the "holster", just like a lil clip, and strange it goes in glass first
can somebody confirm it swivels at least?

Last edited:

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Ordered the Kraken (Black) from Amazon, already says it shipped, should have it by the end of the week. I'll post my impressions and some pics if anyone cares to hear/see them. :)

Reactions: SilverStone641

Mr_Coffee

Mar 24, 2011
Kraken just arrived.
Daddy likes!
It makes the phone bulky, but I know it will be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
Guys I've had the kraken for like a bit now and I can totally confirm this case rocks. Only thing is that the kickstand is a ***** to open you need alot of force i feel like I'm going to break the damn case when I do it. Also the metal kickstands isn't perfectly level. Little pet peeve its like a microcentimeter off

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I returned mine today; the flap that covered the s-pen holder was just dangling loosely, and was very annoying to me; I wasn't sure if it was a defect or poor design, but I sent it back anyways..went with a seidio active with metal kickstand, which is a lot less protective, but a lot easier to pocket..

jshinn1

Nov 6, 2011
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6
Guys I've had the kraken for like a bit now and I can totally confirm this case rocks. Only thing is that the kickstand is a ***** to open you need alot of force i feel like I'm going to break the damn case when I do it. Also the metal kickstands isn't perfectly level. Little pet peeve its like a microcentimeter off

Yea I feel the same and my only other complaint is that I wish the belt clip was a little more functional but it is nice though but that Otterbox communter is available now gonna have to check that out and see where it stands

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Got the Kraken yesterday. It's definitely a sweet case, fits real well.

Pros:
1. Accurate fit
2. Protection
3. Comes with a separate screen protector so the user gets to choose
4. The shell goes all the way around the front preventing the silicone from "lifting"
5. Covered ports

Cons:
1. S-pen cover just "hangs" there with no way to secure it closed
2. Bulky
3. Belt holster is un-intuitive
4. Difficult to put on and take off
5. Kickstand is a pain to open and seems too small for the size of the Note

This is just an "initial" impression, I might revisit some of these later on. I'll post some pics once I get a chance.

keranjang

Mar 26, 2012

Hi Ray,

you were with me with the edges not being protected by the hard case/shell. so now that you already have it on your hand, what do you think about it?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
    I lied...

We actually got some shipment today.
    For some reason their all upsidedown lol

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium
    mind to share why would you spring for defender if you said you like it? im on the hunt to find the most protective case.

At the end of day, I just feel the Otterbox is going to be a better fit for me personally. It always ends up being the little things and in this case, pun not intended, from my previous experiences the Otterbox holster is much easier to use and I prefer having the grip of silicone covering the entire back and sides.

I feel that the Kraken and Defender cases are pretty equal when it comes to protection. I noticed the concern for the corners but while the Defender has a plastic shell covering the corners the Kraken has much more silicone to absorb impact.

But, like I said, it's always the little things and it really comes down to personal preference. I feel safe with the Kraken but I prefer the Defender. Sorry I did not explain that, I can see how that would be confusing. :eek:
    Those Aegis should be real. Distributors should be getting theirs too. We probably didn't get to update our website on Friday.

Can you post pics of the phone outside of the case on the table side by side with the kraken to get an idea of width difference?

RoloRacer on Galaxy Note!

Here you go.
    476b25f0-5645-8000.jpg

-E.J.Su
    "Talent is worthless without hard work."
    | tridentcase.com | gplus.to/ejsu | ej-su.deviantart.com |