[Q] Galaxy S slow while installing apps ?

Search This thread

ramiawad99

Jun 22, 2010
Hi,

When i download any app from the market, it finishs downloading smothly, but after that when the application is being installed, it teribbly slows down and nearly the phone is not responding until the app finish installing, it takes around 5 - 7 seconds.

I have a stock 2.1 JPJG8 rooted with Autokiller, is any one experincing the same? will a lagfix resolve it?

I'm thinking about applying a lagfix (voodoo) but the phone is generally fast for me and wants to wait for froyo, but if it will fix this, then i might apply it sooner.

Thanks.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
it is a known issue

installing the lag fix might kill your internal SD

just a warning.

if you still have the invoice and can send the phone in for warranty, then you are good to install the lag fix

if you don't have the invoice for the warranty, then it might be problematic when it fails

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
it is a known issue

just a warning.

if you still have the invoice and can send the phone in for warranty, then you are good to install the lag fix

if you don't have the invoice for the warranty, then it might be problematic when it fails

bs
in all cases you better have your warranty, but the lag fix won't kill your sd all that quick. original fs is slow only cause it's crap.
the lagfix won't fix slowly installing apps as well btw. it will still freeze when installing.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
just search the forum, there are lots of prove, look for SD, internal SD, bricked, can't mount, can't boot, etc...

the majority of those are after installing a lag fix or a rom with lag fix like voodoo, and i'm currently submitting two phones to warranty from fellow XDA members because of that

and you don't need to believe me, but time will tell for anyone using the lag fixes

ramiawad99

Jun 22, 2010
it is a known issue

just a warning.

Thanks for the info.

Is it a known issue for the galaxy s, or for all android phones and versions?

Is there any timeframe for a fix ?

Thanks

dmulligan

Oct 17, 2008
I was just talking with a friend about this problem this morning. He had never seen this problem with his Nexus 1. I don't believe that this is an android problem just a sgs problem.

I wonder if this is some how related to the black screen issue. It seems that something has priority over the ui thread or has exclusive access to a resource required by the ui.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Prasad

Sep 17, 2010
pkamat.com
In my case, when I first used the phone, apps downloaded from market installed almost instantaneously. However, now apps install noticeably slower. However, I assume me having 9 pages of apps now might be the culprit... :p

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
just search the forum, there are lots of prove, look for SD, internal SD, bricked, can't mount, can't boot, etc...

the majority of those are after installing a lag fix or a rom with lag fix like voodoo, and i'm currently submitting two phones to warranty from fellow XDA members because of that

and you don't need to believe me, but time will tell for anyone using the lag fixes

it's not the memory wearing out, it's errors in applying the fixes/mix firmwares/etc (or bugs in the fixes themselves sometimes)
even if memory would wear out faster, its not like if lifetime would be reduced to a couple of minutes (or even days of constant write)

as i said making any such modification you should have the warranty or take your own risks (theres always a disclaimer !) but it's not the memory wearing out

vcespon

Dec 10, 2007
Madrid
To the OP: That's your big problem with the device? Man... please...
Who cares if it takes 5 seconds to install an app, that's something you do the first day only. You never saw a program in Windows taking 15 minutes to install? I have a SLC SSD on my laptop and that reduces the disk access times a lot, but if a program takes a few minutes to install, so be it. I'm not installing 100 programs every day.

The same with the SGS. Inputting the details and configuring the options of my e-mail, twitter, facebook, kindle, etc accounts takes much more time than installing the apps.